• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the difference?

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
Years
  • Ok, I have a simple question that I can't seem to find the answer too. What is the differences between RM2K and RM2K3? Other then the year :P I've had RM2K for a while now and I really don't wanna upgrade unless it's worth my while. Can anybody tell me if there is a change log somewhere, or maybe you could tell me if there is any worth-while changes that I should upgrade for. Tnks. :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Upgrades: Side view battle system
    One more weather effect
    2 more choices in the 'choosing section'
    e.t.c.

There isn't really that much worth while.
    But why don't you want to upgrade?

Years
  • well the battle system is better, but there are not as many sprites for the side-view system. also rm2k3 has a few little extras which make it easier to understand stuff.. don migeul's version wasn't the easiest to understand

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 26, 2005
    nah but once you understand rm2k it's weird in rm2k3. I've been looking for ages to Fork Conditions. Sheesh, did they change it o.O

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2005
    yeah sponge, it was the same for me. i spent ages looking for the password and fork conditions. it took me a while to realise they are branch conditions and key input whatever.

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
  • Ok thanks, now that I have an idea I'll decide, there seems to be pros and cons, especially since I know the type of language in RM2K as well.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Actually, there are two new weather types.

Otherwise, they covered all of it. There are a few added dodads, like increased control over screen shaking and screen flashing. It's just like a little upgrade. If you want to make a PKMN game with the DBS, stay with 2000. 2k3's is side view, so it's not as Pok?mon-ish.

Back