• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the Fate of Ash's Left Pokemon?

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
  • As we all know, Ash was forced to leave pokemons under responsibility of other trainers to improve them sharply and make benefits of them. However, I am worried what is happening to them right know, did the writers willingly forget about them?!?! Such pokemon include Charizard, Primeape, and Pidgeot.

Primeape kinda vanished after he left him, no sign of him...same thing goes to pidgeot. So I am worried, are they gone for good, at least, we got to see Charizard coming back at some occasion but the truth is I am worried sick about Charizard the most. Charizard is not the kind of Pokemon to be kicked out like that, I am not Confirming this happened with him or the other PkMns too, so that's why I need your opinion. Are they gone for good? And are they really gonna dump a powerful fighting spirit such as Charizard?! Especially after all that power he gained?!? I really feel that they need to show us freqeunt reference to those Pokemons he left don't you think?

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Charizard isn't gone. It lives in Charicific Valley and can be called on any times, and has.

The others are probably gone.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    If they kept having references towards Ash's Pokemon that were left behind, it would be in its own series.

I would like to see Ash actually reunite with his left Pokemon, such as that Lapras in the Orange Islands. If he was to travel back through Kanto, it would be interesting to see that he uses Pidgeot, Butterfree, Squirtle, Charizard, etc. Though, this is all unlikely. So we are safe to assume that those Pokemon are gone for good, with the exception of Charizard/Squirtle if he decides to use them again in a tournament.

I'm sure Primeape is gone. It really hasn't been mentioned since it's been given to be in training.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I doubt we'll see any of his old Pokemon until the league. He usually calls upon old Pokemon to fight in the league. But during the main adventure he uses Unova native Pokemon.

Charizard usually pops-in during league battles. I'm pretty sure Pidgeot and Primeape are gone for good. Unless Ash goes to Pallet town and decided to go to the place where he released it. So that being said, Pidgeot may come back. But Primeape? No way.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I think the creators grab all the Pokemon Ash leaves behind and shove them in an evil closet where they are never seen again. That's my best theory.

MikeyOak

Gary Oak wannabe
    Years
  • As long as Charizard returns I am happy, why he didnt use Charizard at any point in the Sinnoh league frustrated me, he woulda swept through all his battles except tobias much easier

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • As long as Charizard returns I am happy, why he didnt use Charizard at any point in the Sinnoh league frustrated me, he woulda swept through all his battles except tobias much easier

WoW thats exactly what I said O_O.

Anyway, the fact that they are not gonna appear during the Unova Journey is Ok with me but does it really mean they have no plans for these pokemons? And is it likely that Pokemon is gonna continue for a long time starting a new journey in a new region? If so, then that makes their chance of reappearing Harder....:(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think the writers are saving Ash's left behind Pokemon for another storyline, though I'm not sure why. I'm also pretty sure they forgot about Gliscor after the Sinnoh League because it wasn't mentioned if Ash left it in Oak's lab or if it went back to training with McCann.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It's kind of strange with Primeape and Pidgeot to be honest, since he told them both he'd come back for them, well at least Pidgeot, but Primeape was only supposed to be gone for training. He told Pidgeot he'd come back straight after hes done in the orange islands, which really annoyed me, the last time mention that I can remember as of now would be when Ash remembered it when he saw Falkner's Pidgeot.

I think they've really made a mistake with Pidgeot to be honest, they let out a big chance for a reunion with Ash's battle with Brandon, since they brought back Bulbasaur, Charizard and Squirtle, all of which Ash had met after he had caught Pidgeot as a Pidgeotto.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    Squirtle and Charizard have made multiple returns. They're still around. Pidgeot, Butterfree, Primape, etc haven't been mentioned since their final episodes, so they're likely gone for good. Younger fans would be confused at this point if Ash's Primape returned since he wasn't in many episodes.

The only wild card I can remember is Gliscor. It did make a return appearance, but that was for a special battle related to the Sinnoh region. It's not quite the same as Squirtle and Charizard who are among his first team and his first starters. Any special battle can be made more memorable by bringing them in. With Gliscor, I'd be happy to see him again, but I'm not holding my breath.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The last time I saw Pidgeot and Primeape was in the 10th Japanese opening of Pokemon so I dont think that the writers think of them as gone for good, but this is just my opinion.

:t354:TG

Back