• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the hardest part about making Let's Plays?

Titos

Beast tuber
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    For me its really easy to record and edit, and i can put great quality in my videos, and even tho i dont like my voice i got used to it, and if others arent lying to me, they say in all those aspects my videos are good, but what i find hard sometimes is to get a topic to talk about, even tho during the video i go completely random and i just try to make jokes even tho some are lame as hell and i just tell stories if i remember something on the moment or share a opinion about something from the game or anything else. So in the end my only problem is not really a problem, but i definitely want to improve that. xD

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    For me, the hardest thing about Let's Playing is getting people to notice it. I can play games no problem, I can record, edit, and render them. Thumbnails and layouts aren't particularly difficult, but I've had around 260 videos on my channel in the past year, and about 60 subscribers. Yet I've seen people who have had a channel for less than a month, less than 30 videos, and have over 200 subscribers. I guess difficult probably isn't the right word, more just disheartening. I suppose in terms of actual difficulty, the hardest thing is collaborating with people. I'm a decently shy person, and it doesn't help that I live in a house where I'm interrupted every couple of minutes while trying to record, doing a co-com of some kind would just end up being awkward.

BijutsuYoukai

Evil Little Art Demon
    Years
  • I would say keeping a good stream of consciousness/commentary going while still playing properly. Sometimes one thing or the other can suffer because my brain just gives out.

Years
  • I would say keeping a good stream of consciousness/commentary going while still playing properly. Sometimes one thing or the other can suffer because my brain just gives out.

100% yes, there's been moments where I'll be in a boss fight and trying to keep commentary going then I'll be concentrating too hard and realize I'm not talking then it turns into a mess. lol.

Titos

Beast tuber
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    Well for me the hardest part of doing an LP its to keep the daily upload of it while still uploading other series. But its not that hard either. Cause for me commentary its easy, i can talk and play and i give opinions about anything, i try jokes even if they are bad, someone always finds them funny, and i interact a lot with my subs. But as most of you said, it is all about getting used to it, you guys that have problems with that, you will get used to it with time. And at first i hated my voice too but now i actually dont mind it and i think it is a pretty normal voice. xD As for the editing part, i find it really easy, cause on sony vegas i save presets of everything and i basically just need to load the preset and it will appear for the most edited already, just need to make any layout changes for games like Pokémon and thats it. I take like from 1 to 5 min to edit. xD And my rendering is always the same time as the video itself, like if i record 22min it will take 22min of render. So quite easy to do the videos for me. =) If there is really something else that i find hard sometimes is to pay attention on a battle and talk about something at the same time when its a pokemon nuzlocke lol i already lost some pokemon cause im talking and i spam A. xD

And most fun part of it, is the interaction with the people that watch your series, having people leaving comments and replying to them on the actual video is really cool, and when you play a game that you know people are enjoying to watch and they comment on it, it gives you a lot of motivation to do it. Not to mention that i like challenges so for me any hard type of nuzlocke or rom hack makes me excited to play it! xD

AppleCode

AppleCode
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2024
    The motivation to continue, especially if none of your 1000 subscribers leave a comment or a like. >.>

I'm kind of in that same boat except I don't plan on giving up! Let's Playing is something that I feel I can do decently well and enjoy doing. I do understand how it can be annoying having 1,000 subscribers and having no one comment or like. I've got videos with hundreds of views and like 5 to 10 likes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2015
    I'm kind of in that same boat except I don't plan on giving up! Let's Playing is something that I feel I can do decently well and enjoy doing. I do understand how it can be annoying having 1,000 subscribers and having no one comment or like. I've got videos with hundreds of views and like 5 to 10 likes.

Im kind of the same way. Its hard to want to keep going when nobody is really responding or reacting to your content. The view count is just a number and all. Thats partly why I've started streaming to Twitch for Splatoon and Colosseum, because even if I may have less viewers there, the fact that I am getting interactions really helps me get that sense of appreciation and makes me keep going, and then I have content to edit together into highlights later! Admittedly though, working up the effort to actually edit is probably the harder part for me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2015
    A big issue that people have is connecting their stuff with the game itself. You play a game that's fun but you don't have the audio/video to work it properly. In the end though, it depends on the individual person and what their weakness is.

Back