• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the most exp you have managed to rack up whilst using a lucky egg?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    I had a lucky egg gathering dust in my bag and wanted to use it to its full potential seeing as they are hard to come by, especially seeing as I don't spend real money in game. So over the past couple of weeks I have been catching and stocking up on pidgeys, rattatas, weedles, caterpies and other common pokemon so that I could evolve them whilst my lucky egg was in use. This was all in an attempt to gain mass amounts of experience in a short time so I could level up. I had even held off catching already evolved pokemon so that I could get + 2000 exp from new dex entries.

Today, the wait is over and using a lucky egg, a super speedy ipad, decent internet connection and with the help from some handy guides online I have managed to squeeze 107k experience out of it which I am quite proud of, even though it only resulted in me going from level 22 to 23.

So I wanted to know, what was the most exp you have ever gained whilst using 1 lucky egg? Are you in the process of doing this or were those impossible to catch pidgeys getting on your nerves so much you just gave up?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    107k? I only get around 65k.

Did you manage to shorten the animations somehow? Or did you screw with the phone clock to get more than 30 minutes?

You cannot control the time that the animation takes, and that is the bulk of the time, so i guess you re-winded the phone clock when the egg had 2 minutes left to give yourself another 25 minutes, right? While that requires no external software, it is still a kind of hack called an exploit. You are exploting an obvious weakness in the programming.

So my limit is around 65k + bonus for new pokedex entry + bonus if you do it all while walking and also hatch some eggs within the 30 minutes.

Years
  • 107k? I only get around 65k.

Did you manage to shorten the animations somehow? Or did you screw with the phone clock to get more than 30 minutes?

You cannot control the time that the animation takes, and that is the bulk of the time, so i guess you re-winded the phone clock when the egg had 2 minutes left to give yourself another 25 minutes, right? While that requires no external software, it is still a kind of hack called an exploit. You are exploting an obvious weakness in the programming.

So my limit is around 65k + bonus for new pokedex entry + bonus if you do it all while walking and also hatch some eggs within the 30 minutes.

i can get around 71 evolves in 30 minutes. so 71kexp. that's just from evolving as fast as possible. what phone do you have, and how old is it? I have iphone 6.

you seem quite accusatory to the OP. there are other ways to get additional EXP during lucky egg 30 minutes.

as OP stated, you get new pokedex entries during those evolves will help.

also, if you pop lucky egg with good timing, and then walk as you evolve, you can time your incubator egg hatches and get additional exp.

lastly, i have heard people (with new fast phones) who will start the evolve, exit the app, force quit it, then restart. lather, rinse, repeat. supposedly that takes less time than watching the animation. I haven't tried this myself though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    just did a lucky egg stint the other day, i dont catch evolved forms of pokemon until i evolve them myself for the Dex bonus. i just run away so at least i have the silhouette. i went from 15.5-18 with all my evolves, with mainly new pokedex entries. yea alot of pidgys and rats too but had enough candies for some eevees, zubats, and venonats, and growliths to evolve once or twice. i work alot in SF which is lure central and every other store front is a pokestop. currently low on storage space but not quite ready to battle the strong gyms so i delete alot of potions. probably do another lucky egg pop at lvl 20.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Not accusing. 71k could be realistic, if you are really really fast, with just 30 minutes and no tricks. My phone is good, but i usually do all my evolutions with lucky eggs, so last time i did 12 different species. Mainly rats and worms and pigeons, but also lots of 1-offs, that takes some time for browsing around.

107k does not sound realistic with just 30 minutes and no tricks. The animation takes around 25 seconds. So to get that value, some kind of special method has to be used. Like cutting short the animation or increasing the lucky egg duration.

Its a grey area if you use simple tricks and not illegal third party software, i do not think your account should be in trouble for it, they should just fix it. If they fail to have the server check that your lucky egg lasts 30 minutes server time, and you can get more by just de-synching your clock from the internet and manually changing your clock, its partly niantic that is to blame. Or if shutting down and re-launching the app helps you skip much of the 25 second animation.

Its lazy programming. It may not even be illegal, if they only ban third party software but they do not ban you from making use of flaws in the actual programming that you can use without any extra software, it might even be legal, we need to study the TOS to figure that one out.

So, no bad blood, but with only two new pokedex entries, accounting for 2k of the 107k experience, and no mention of additional egg hatching, its hard to explain it.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • There exist methods that can grant you way more than 100K experience with one Lucky Egg session. All those sessions involve manipulating the game and tapping into Niantic's servers so raise the red flags at your own risk.

Cutting the animation through forced app restarts is a common method and is mainly dependent on how fast you can navigate and click, and also how well your phone's hardware can tolerate it all.

As for any talk about extending a Lucky Egg duration past 30 minutes, it won't work. Using the item immediately sends the info to Niantic's server, starting the countdown. Manipulating your own clock won't change anything. You can still see the GFX associated with the Egg past the duration, but the effects will be gone. The same applies to Incenses.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    I heared that the server cuts off your lucky egg after around 1 hour. Not 30 minutes. Maybe they changed it.

I talked to people who do it. You really just set your clock to manual and rewind it by 25 minutes when there are 2 or 3 minutes left. It stops working if you try it again. Maybe they fixed it, but i am sure people who write down their XP and what pokemon they want to evolve would notice if the bonus would go missing.

I do not do these things, but if niantic leaves the door open without using any third party software, just your phone, its not too bad.

There is someone who actually has a cheat on his main account who has not been caught. That is more problematic. He uses a GPS hack that causes his avatar to walk a little bit in a random direction when he is not moving, and then comes back to the real location, then goes for another walk. I do not know if he can install the last updates. He certainly skipped a few of the ban waves.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    Not accusing. 71k could be realistic, if you are really really fast, with just 30 minutes and no tricks. My phone is good, but i usually do all my evolutions with lucky eggs, so last time i did 12 different species. Mainly rats and worms and pigeons, but also lots of 1-offs, that takes some time for browsing around.

107k does not sound realistic with just 30 minutes and no tricks. The animation takes around 25 seconds. So to get that value, some kind of special method has to be used. Like cutting short the animation or increasing the lucky egg duration.

Its a grey area if you use simple tricks and not illegal third party software, i do not think your account should be in trouble for it, they should just fix it. If they fail to have the server check that your lucky egg lasts 30 minutes server time, and you can get more by just de-synching your clock from the internet and manually changing your clock, its partly niantic that is to blame. Or if shutting down and re-launching the app helps you skip much of the 25 second animation.

Its lazy programming. It may not even be illegal, if they only ban third party software but they do not ban you from making use of flaws in the actual programming that you can use without any extra software, it might even be legal, we need to study the TOS to figure that one out.

So, no bad blood, but with only two new pokedex entries, accounting for 2k of the 107k experience, and no mention of additional egg hatching, its hard to explain it.

No worries, It was my first time doing this so even i didnt realise how much exp I would have gained by following the tips that I found online. I do realise that 107k may seem unrealistic seeing as I didnt give an indication of what I actually did, so let me give you a better idea of what exactly I did to make the process of evolving as fast as possible. Also, i wasnt using my phone but an ipad air so i guess im fortunate to have one.

I probably should have mentioned that as you said, I skipped the evolution animation by closing and reopening the game. I tested how long it took beforehand to see if this method would pay off and the ipad air took around 10 seconds to open pokemon go which was surpisingly faster than I expected. I believe each animation takes 25 seconds so this tip was really useful. I also favourited the pokemon I wanted to evolve to speed up the process. I don't personally consider this method to skip the animations as cheating, but rather as a handy tip. On the other hand, I do consider attempting to mess around with the servers or clocks as cheating so I didnt even think of trying this. Also, as far as i know, trying to increase the timer on the lucky egg doesnt even work, it will just lead to a ban,.

Also , I had not one but 12 new dex entries such as golduck, parasect, machamp, kingler etc which i had been holding off trying to catch so that alone was 24k exp. Hahahaha, now that i think of it, i did put alot of thought into it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Maybe i got this wrong.... I thought a new pokedex entry gives 500 XP, with egg 1k.

Is it 1k without egg and 2k with egg?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    Maybe i got this wrong.... I thought a new pokedex entry gives 500 XP, with egg 1k.

Is it 1k without egg and 2k with egg?

I think it is 500 from actually evolving and 500 from new dex entry so thats 1k without a lucky egg and 2000 with one

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I think it is 500 from actually evolving and 500 from new dex entry so thats 1k without a lucky egg and 2000 with one

Yes. 500 experience for every evolution and 500 experience for every new Dex entry.

So with a Lucky Egg active, it'd be 1000+1000 for 2000 total experience.

Just do your best to also time all your active incubators to hatch eggs while the Lucky Egg is active since it's base 200 experience per 2km egg hatched, 500 experience per 5km egg, 1000 experience per 10km egg.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've leveled-up from 14 all the way to 17 at one point while using a Lucky Egg, but I'm unsure as to how much experience that translates to. It's definitely a lot.

Years
  • No worries, It was my first time doing this so even i didnt realise how much exp I would have gained by following the tips that I found online. I do realise that 107k may seem unrealistic seeing as I didnt give an indication of what I actually did, so let me give you a better idea of what exactly I did to make the process of evolving as fast as possible. Also, i wasnt using my phone but an ipad air so i guess im fortunate to have one.

I probably should have mentioned that as you said, I skipped the evolution animation by closing and reopening the game. I tested how long it took beforehand to see if this method would pay off and the ipad air took around 10 seconds to open pokemon go which was surpisingly faster than I expected. I believe each animation takes 25 seconds so this tip was really useful. I also favourited the pokemon I wanted to evolve to speed up the process. I don't personally consider this method to skip the animations as cheating, but rather as a handy tip. On the other hand, I do consider attempting to mess around with the servers or clocks as cheating so I didnt even think of trying this. Also, as far as i know, trying to increase the timer on the lucky egg doesnt even work, it will just lead to a ban,.

Also , I had not one but 12 new dex entries such as golduck, parasect, machamp, kingler etc which i had been holding off trying to catch so that alone was 24k exp. Hahahaha, now that i think of it, i did put alot of thought into it!

thanks for the follow-up clarification!

i think i will try the close app and restart method on my next round of evolution. i'll be getting an iphone 7 tomorrow, so that should help my processor power over my current iphone 6, i'd think.

i hit level 30 the other day. so it's getting harder to level up.... :( need all the help i can get.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    thanks for the follow-up clarification!

i think i will try the close app and restart method on my next round of evolution. i'll be getting an iphone 7 tomorrow, so that should help my processor power over my current iphone 6, i'd think.

i hit level 30 the other day. so it's getting harder to level up.... :( need all the help i can get.

No problem.

Yeah, I would have definitely thought the 7 would be lightning fast, but as long as restarting takes shorter than the evolution animation time you should be all good.

Ouch, level 30 is where leveling up becomes awfully grueling. 350k exp for just one level is insane!

Back