• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Whats the rarest shiny. (except legendaries)

Years
    all shinies as rare as each other. you may just have a better chance finding one when the pokemon is more common.

~~ question answered, so LOCK THREAD PLEASE~~

Years
    all shinies as rare as each other. you may just have a better chance finding one when the pokemon is more common.

~~ question answered, so LOCK THREAD PLEASE~~

Lol... the question was not answered properly for one, and you can't just say lock the thread...

There are better chances of finding shinies than other pokemon. Such as, it's very easy to find Bidoofs, but it's very hard to find someone like Feebas. You would have a better chance of finding Bidoof shiny, than there is a Feebas. Reason being, the chances of finding any shiny pokemon are 1 in 8192, its hard to find Feebas in the first place, and easy to find Bidoof. So it would technically be easier to find a shiny Bidoof than find a shiny Feebas.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Lol... the question was not answered properly for one, and you can't just say lock the thread...

There are better chances of finding shinies than other pokemon. Such as, it's very easy to find Bidoofs, but it's very hard to find someone like Feebas. You would have a better chance of finding Bidoof shiny, than there is a Feebas. Reason being, the chances of finding any shiny pokemon are 1 in 8192, its hard to find Feebas in the first place, and easy to find Bidoof. So it would technically be easier to find a shiny Bidoof than find a shiny Feebas.

Hmmm... actually, if you go by true blue probability and statistics, you have just as good a chance of finding a shiny Feebas as you do a shiny Bidoof. The only time having more common Pokemon would increase chances is if the pot grew smaller. For example, let's say that 1/10 Bidoof were shiny; if after you kill a non-shiny one, that non-shiny would not come back, the probability would increase to 1/9. And so on. Same with Feebas.

But that's not the case. Every time you encounter a wild Pokemon, no matter how many Bidoofs or Zubats or Feebas you came in contact with before, you will ALWAYS have a 1/8192 chance of finding it. And because there are unlimited amounts of each Poke in the game, that's the reason they are so rare. Restarting the game 8192 times only works in theory. But either way, it's highly based on luck. Now, you have a better shot at a shiny Bidoof because they are more common, but just because it gives you more chances. One could easily find a fishing square of Feebas and fish for a shiny. Works out the same.

Just my 2 cents.

hotrod192

Years
    I would say that shiny legendaries are easier to get, but it gets really annoying to get them. You could find a shiny anytime and anywhere so I would say that every shiny is as hard to get as one another. You have just as many chances of seeing a shiny Magikarp tas you do a shiny Starter.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    A shiny Cresselia is pretty freaking rare. 8D And so are the Lati@s, Beast trio, and Mesprit. Legendaries are easy to soft reset for but a shiny event legendary is the rarest... Glad I have that too. 83

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    I'd say a shiny vespiquen would be really hard, like if u think about it, u need a female shiny combee, and that seriosuly decreases chances.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    A shiny Cresselia is pretty freaking rare. 8D And so are the Lati@s, Beast trio, and Mesprit. Legendaries are easy to soft reset for but a shiny event legendary is the rarest... Glad I have that too. 83

They said EXCEPT Legendaries. That's even in the title :).

Anyway...there's no real shiny rarer than the others (outside of the Legendary subset). You all are forgetting someone: Ditto. Ditto makes the catching rates irrelevant, and suddenly a shiny Feebas becomes as common (or rather, as rare) as a shiny Bidoof. So, that takes care of that side of the coin, and to take care of the rest, just evolve them.

Of course, gender evolutions would still be a factor...so I guess Vespiqueen would still be pretty high up there...

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    The rarest shiny are the shiny forms of the rarest Pokémon, like Spiritomb or Munchlax. I don't know their egg steps, but this surely adds rareness, too, especially if it's a Pokémon that can't be caught in the wild.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Thats true, like a shiny egg pokemon, one of the hardest pokemon to find shiny may be a egg pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    i'd say a shiny phione or a shiny female combee would be one of the hardest ones to get

Back