• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats this? teenager has evolved into...teenage poke-fan!

killhooligan

Brock climber
    Years
    Hello everyone, I'm new to PC and the only memories I have of it are when I used to watch the anime. A few weeks ago I decided what the hell and downloaded an emulator and Emerald.
    Since that I have recently got FireRed and am loving the experience! If only I had got these when I was younger! (Btw the only reason I'm using emulators is because I need to save up for a DS to be able to buy Emerald, FireRed, etc). I hope I will have a good time here as a member!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Hi there killhooligan. So you're using emulators to play, yes? You reminds me of my early GBA gaming days, and back then I was playing Ruby and Sapphire, and some years later, I got Emerald, which I played on the real GBA SP. Speaking of Emulations, I think you must check out Emulation and ROM Hacking, because there's lots more Pokemon games for you to play with. I know you'll be a good member, you can talk to many members, check the rules just in case, or maybe ask the mods if you need help. I hope you'll have great time, and be seeing you.

THZskillz

The Highest Zero
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Hey man how is it goin, I'm Zero I also just recently started here at PC. Hope we can chat in the future about really anything really, I'm always an open ear =]

Hi there killhooligan! <33 Weeelcome to the forum!

Yeah, emulators are wonderful little things. I was fortunate enough to have the needed systems to play those games as they were released throughout the years, but emulators open up doors for a lot of other people. It's great that you've enjoyed Pokemon so much! Emerald and LeafGreen were one of my most replayed games, especially Emerald since I love doing challenges there. It's very fun! Awesome that you've already made a post in our fantastic Advance Generation Gaming board. I'm sure everyone would be happy to have you there. :)

My experience with Pokemon started with the anime too; seems like that's the case for a lot of people. Watching Ash journey through Kanto was probably one of the best experiences I've ever had, haha. You don't watch the anime anymore? :'( You should pick it up sometime since it's still really fun! Definitely.. different from what it used to be, but enjoyable nonetheless~

Anyways, enjoy your stay here on the amazing PokeCommunity. You're free to contact a moderator if you need help, as Hikari said, or post in the Questions & Feedback board. Haaaave fuun!

Years
    Hello there and welcome to PC!

The others who posted before me have got most of your intro covered, like Emulation & ROM Hacking as well as Advance Generation Gaming. 3rd Gen was my first one as far as playing the actual Pokemon games goes, since I never played the first generations, and I remember having a Mudkip as my starter because "everyone liekz Mudkipz" and that generation still has fond memories for introducing stuff like natures, abilities and a revamped IV/EV system. And I haven't been enjoying the anime lately, mainly due to the Unova saga's poor handling but I'm hoping X/Y will change that.

But yeah, glad to see you have finally joined. If you ever need help don't hesitate to ask Cirno there or in fact any other staff members you come across. They love to help you, and I'm sure you can make new friends along the way as well. And remember to read the rules so you don't get into trouble, but have fun here okay? I do hope to see you around!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Whats this? teenager has evolved into...teenage poke-fan!

TAI pressed the B button rapidly.

Welcome to the forums everyone has covered everything up and I have to go do something for 3 hours in like 4 minutes so hope you enjoy your stay with us :D

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
    Playing Pokemon is fun through any age as long as they get the game.
    I've played every Pokemon game in GBA and NDS. Even the mini-games
    are quite good. Since you're only using Emulator, you might wanna know
    the hacked roms our magnificent members been creating for several years.
    If you're into it, maybe you should go to Emulator & Rom hacking Forum.
    I'm not forcing you, it's in you if you want to play an Original Game.
    Hope you have fun here! btw, we have rules to follow. Please don't forget that.

Back