• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's up with all the versus threads?

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I mean over half of the threads on the first page are versus theads.
    Is there nothing better to talk about?

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    LOL! Yeah, unless you have a better idea for a topic...
    Dont ask me XD

Ayselipera

Pesonally I like them though.
    Their simple and to the point.

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    I like them because I am curious to know who likes what pokemon and why. It is really very interesting.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    they just want to up their post lol jk well they are just for fun like everything else on this forums.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    The versus don't seem very fun to me.
    They just seem like the "your favourite" threads but with less variety.

I mean, if everybody just posted a thread in which all the Pokemon were listed from the ones they most liked to most disliked, you'd pretty much have every versus thread in existence.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I agree, and I disagree. :\

I guess some people want to know which Pokemon PC users find to be a better Pokemon, maybe for competitive battling or whatever reason. :S

However, it does kinda show that people dont have much originality, to just make '[Insert Pokemon here] VS. [Insert Pokemon here] (even though I have made one or two in the past. :P)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I was wondering the same thing. I honestly think they should make a stick thread on Versus Pokemon, it will cut the thread amount by a lot. How do I make suggestions for this website anyways?

:t354:TG

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    i was wondering that too. i thought VS threads werent allowed to be posted. o.0

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I was wondering the same thing. I honestly think they should make a stick thread on Versus Pokemon, it will cut the thread amount by a lot. How do I make suggestions for this website anyways?

:t354:TG
    That's a very good idea my friend! I personally like those vs threads as they are simple and totally on the topic.

derozio

Years
    To be quite honest, that's probably why they do it. =| I'm tired of seeing <arbitrary Pokémon #1> vs. <arbitrary Pokémon #2> as a topic; it rarely generates any discussion beyond "dis is beta dan dat lolol".
    I completely agree with you that its a very effective way of keepin posts up. But there are some people(like me) who like these threads as different people can give their opinions on 2 different pokemon. The last sentence that you typed is also very very true but I just like them. (Its maybe I am new to PC and am not into very serious disscussions lol!)

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    Personally, I like seeing which Pokémon are preferred by people, and why. But I do agree that a lot of people only post them to get their post counts up.

derozio

Years
    Personally, I like seeing which Pokémon are preferred by people, and why. But I do agree that a lot of people only post them to get their post counts up.
    That's exactly what I wanted to say but was not able to think of an appropriate sentence at that time!

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    They're ok, but nothing beyond that. Usually, I just make a post in one and never look at it again. Except for that Aggron Vs Tyranitar one. That's pretty good. 0_0

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Lol, yeah I made a relatively useful general post about the useless of the current pokedex... and I come to visit it and all I see are these same versus threads... then I saw this one and decided to join the ranting!

Back