• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what's up with all these fidget spinners

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    ya okay but seeing those spinners at school everywhere is going to make me Lose my mind i am trying to focus but everyone has the spinners and i just want to do my classwork please. the majority of people i see using them do not have adhd and its just bothersome at this point.

Years
    Saying that they're annoying and just a fad.
    Like I said, they're not for abled people, so they don't get the purpose. In my opinion you shouldn't talk down something if you don't know its true purpose.

I'm an autistic person who frequently does fidgety stuff and even I think these things are kind of weird. Mind you, I had also never seen one before until just now.

Besides, people are using them for pointless amusement (somehow). So I don't think there's anything wrong with treating this the same as any other strange fad.

Honestly, I don't see any reason to get worked up over something so trivial.

Years
    All I know about these is that I saw one article regarding these the other day (week? something like that), and now I see mention of them everywhere - to the point where suddenly even a local mart's sign claims they're selling them. It's not even a big store. I didn't even know they existed before last week, now I can't turn around without seeing them being talked about.

I'm still feeling pretty neutral about them, though. I don't want one (I'd want a cube if anything, that looks like something that actually would occupy me), I don't care if anybody else has one - although I haven't actually run into anybody who does have one, so.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've yet to see one in real life. Do we have proof that they're not just some meme myth the internet created?

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
    I understand why they're useful for autistic and ADHD kids but I don't like how they've become a stupid fad.

Years
    I'm an autistic person who frequently does fidgety stuff and even I think these things are kind of weird. Mind you, I had also never seen one before until just now.

Besides, people are using them for pointless amusement (somehow). So I don't think there's anything wrong with treating this the same as any other strange fad.

Honestly, I don't see any reason to get worked up over something so trivial.

You have a point, and I admit I was rather tired when making these posts.

So my apologies.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    yes my cousin got one and it's entertaining! im someone who in class doodles on my papers or plays with something in my hands when im just sitting around. personally though i prefer stress balls

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'm actually really pissed these got big, actually. They're supposed to be for people (adults) with concentration problems. I refuse to get one because I feel like I'd look bad with one now because of this, especially since I'm the type of person these were made for. I have concentration problems. =/

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I only mind them because they're actually quite noisy from my experience.

Years
    I'm actually really pissed these got big, actually. They're supposed to be for people (adults) with concentration problems. I refuse to get one because I feel like I'd look bad with one now because of this, especially since I'm the type of person these were made for. I have concentration problems. =/

But why is it a problem that other people are getting enjoyment out of them? Nobody seems to be able to explain this.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Here, it feels like they've appeared over night. I read one article on the web and see folk mention them in my Facebook feed and the next day I go into town, there's guys on corners flogging them by the dozen and they're on display in a few shop storefronts.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    But why is it a problem that other people are getting enjoyment out of them? Nobody seems to be able to explain this.

they can be somewhat annoying inside the classroom. Outside someplace like a library where people want to concentrate on a book or studies, I dont understand why one would be that annoyed though.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
    It's the newest fad. Admittedly, I don't use them, but if someone is spinning them to distract everyone else, or if you look like a tool while using them, I'm just going to slap it out of their hand.

It's clearly the dumbest fad as of today, and millions of clickbait videos on YouTube clearly backs this statement up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I always see a person with these things on the train during my morning commute.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Fidget Spinner? I'm a Fidget Cube person thank you very much.

Spoiler:

but seriously, every time I hear someone say they want a spinner because it's a fad, I just facepalm so hard. My boyfriend actually got the cube for me because he knows I have a huge anxiety issue. It actually does help me. I'm not liking the fact that the spinners are now a popular thing and everyone has GOT to have one.

Besides, the spinners don't do any good for me or my anxiety.

Back