• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's up with Mr. Mime?

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Well as pokemon games come in Japanese first, i wouldn't count out Mr. Mime only being a Male counter part for a new female one from only thought. I think the reason why Mr. Mime can be both genders in the games is because in Japanese *ITS* original name was: Barrierd. So that the name does not confuse with gender at all. Thus making it male and female, but the stupid English translator decided it would be cute to call it a "Mr." Mime in R/B/Y because the way it looks and you know there wasn't to be any gender to be known for its kind, until G/S/C came, thus the creators made it both genders because its name didn't stand for just males. I have to say the same thing with Geodude.

Barboach

As we know it.
Years
Some people and I were disputing about this like 9 months ago. Now that I think about it, pokemon IS a japanese game and things ARE and probably WILL be different once they are americanized.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
There are girl Machop/Machoke/Machamp which I think is pretty weird O__O Especially since Machoke and Machamp wear speedos .__.;

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Milotic definately should only be female. Same goes with Gyarados who should be male only. They make perfect counterparts anyways.

Years
Hitmonchan is an example aswell because it's a male wearing a dress/skirt type outfit!
hitmonchan.jpg

Back