• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's you opinion on inverse battles?

Years
  • Before I ask what you think, I'll explain what they are (for those who don't know). I just figured out that on route 18, on top of a cliff, there is a house. Enter the house and you'll find a psychic named Inver who tellsyou about inverse battles. He explains that inverse battles are battles where "not very effective moves" become "super effective moves". Basicly, the type matchups are reversed so, for example, a fire type would be weak against grass, and grass would be weak against water, and water would be weak against fire, and so on. So now that you know what they are, lemme know what you guys think.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Haven't got this far yet, I'll have to give it a go.

But, sounds quite fun and challenging. Might make my brain fart a bit. :I

Years
  • Inverse battles can be a little confusing, yet also hurting in the long run. I had one and luckily I defeated the trainer that challenged me to one, but it takes time to get used to having type advantages over a normal type disadvantage and vice-versa.

Years
  • Inverse battles can be a little confusing, yet also hurting in the long run. I had one and luckily I defeated the trainer that challenged me to one, but it takes time to get used to having type advantages over a normal type disadvantage and vice-versa.

it does doesn't it? i kept forgetting hat my lucario could beat the trainer's mr.mime xD i just blasted it with aura sphere!

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    just watched a video of someone using a lv.72 doublade that died to a lv.55 houndoom that used sludge bomb on him and it was super effective

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I've only ever fought Inver, but it wasn't confusing at all to me. If something would be super-effective, I won't use it; likewise, if something would be not-very-effective, I'd use it.

MetalxTongue

Underdog of Truth
    Years
  • I think it is quite fun and clever, it makes you think backwards. It makes you totally change the way you battle. That means its another fun thing to do. Yeah!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • It was fun once. I lost and will try again. It is a nice puzzle.

Try Using Grass/Psychic and Grass/Ice - their many weaknesses become resistances.

Years
  • I've done them a few times, and they're a bit crazy but I still find them fun. I laughed when Inver's Rhyperior did just over half to my Houndoom with Earthquake :P

Years
  • I love it. I don't really see why people could have a problem with it. One, it's optional and two there's only one in the entire game. So fun :D

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I have not arrived at that part of the game yet... but the way are described seem like fun, I can't wait to try them out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    Oh jeebus, I'm not even at that part, didn't know the game had it o_o That'd be fun. Should add it as an option on WiFi :p

Back