• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's your character's name going to be?

Years
  • Will you name Brendan or May a pre-loaded name they typically offer, will you name one of them after you, or will it be something custom?

See, I was going to name Brendan "Steven" since that is my real name and it's been my name in all of the games (with the exception of the original RSE games), but seeing as Steven is a big part of the story, I won't want my name to be his.
    So, I'm likely going to name Brendan "Nate" since that's my name on Defiance.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Since this is a remake of RS, I'm going to go with my very first Pokemon name: Ruby for OR, Sapphire for AS.

Yes, it's also a reference to the Adventures RS manga.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm planning to go as a guy since I'm playing OR, so I can't go with my regular name Tempus.

But seeing that I still want my names to be time-related (Tempus means time, go Google Translate it), I'll be going as... Chronos! Wait, that sounds a bit too cool. Hmm...

Years
  • I always name my character after me the first time I play a game, so my character will be named John.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    My characters name change from generation to generation. This generation however I think I'll finally go with the name "Disolia" Which, I surprisingly haven't done before.

Years
  • For the game I keep everything on and try for completion, i'll likely name myself Scott, which is my real name. But that might get awkward if the BF-owning chump makes an appearance...

But in fun playthroughs it'll obviously vary on my character and type of play i'm doing.

Years
  • I'll be going with Nichole again, which is my real name. Also, I accidentally named myself "Terra" when I played the original Ruby so for these remakes I want to make up for that mistake.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Skylar. I made a personal rule to only use names that would result in only MissingNo.s appearing from the Old Man glitch back in Generation One. Jacrad is one name, but perfectly fitting as well is 'Skylar.'
    I get both my hidden glitchiness and puns. *0*

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Probably same as always; Alessa.

It's a nickname that I've basically adopted, and prefer over my real name. Most of the time I get to name my character, she's Alessa.

pkmin3033

I'm not sure, actually. I will definitely be playing as May, because I've never liked Brendan's design. I might just call her "Zeria" if nothing comes up between now and then, I like the name. Or "Celestia" perhaps. It depends on my mood really; I never use my real name. xD

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
    Years
  • If I can finally put my name properly Joëlle - with the dots - that would be great.. If not, I'm still deciding between Joelle or Jojo (which is my nickname..)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    After years of never really knowing what I wanted to name my characters, I settled on a pair of names to use for all my playthroughs: Stella and Elsa. I used Stella on my Y, so this time I'm gonna use Elsa. And this is only the second time I've used Elsa in Pokemon, the first time being on my White back in 2011.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I used to pick a random name I liked, because my name doesn't fit (and doesn't sound good in English and is a bit difficult to pronounce). I usually disliked that name after a while and then I'd have to start over etc. I usually go with the male character too, so 'Englishing' my name (which would be Hannah or something similar) didn't really work for that. For some reason I've only recently (a year or so ago) figured that I'd short my name to Hann which I now use in practically every game I play.

Back