• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's your character's name going to be?

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    As I do with every Pokemon game, I naming the character after myself, so Peter.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I named myself Alli, like I do in basically every game. I'll get OmegaRuby and play as Brendan, but I'll use the name Eoin.

Years
  • I named myself after myself. Like I normally do. Darcy.

(In X and Y, that turned into "Big D". Could not control my laughter when all my ingame friends were calling me Big D.)

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • My real name is Nate so when I eventually get a copy of AS I'll name Brendan after me. But I have OR (got it on the 27th- day before it was meant to be released here) and named him Dactyl, 'cause that's what I called my Emerald trainer when I was a kid. I still have that file, and it was the file I caught my first ever shiny on (Poochyena, who is now a Lvl. 100 Mightyena on my Y about to return to Hoenn after 8-9 long years). Sentimentality and nostalgia, really.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I named my character Xander, from Alexander (my real name). I usually name my character Alex or Alex B., but I've been thinking about making a coordinator OC for a while and had planned to name him Xander. With the return of Contests, I figured now was a good opportunity to use the name.

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    I always go with Mike on my first playthrough since it's my name, yes I'm THAT Mike!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I forgot I'd have to pick a name until I was faced with the screen. So I tried to think of something, very briefly, and remembered this, possibly because I'd been driving a KV-2 in World of Tanks all the past days. Katyusha is an odd name to stick into NPC's lines in a JRPG, but I got used to it after the first few times.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I named myself Windy in Alpha Sapphire, especially because it feels like the nickname feature was not in this game, so I'd prefer shorter names than in my X playthrough.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I always name myself my nickname, which is Kimi. :3 I thought of getting the boy and naming him Loki... but I also could have named the girl Lady Loki. However, I'm just so accustomed to using Kimi.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • I'm a big fan of the Adventures manga, so I name every protagonist I play as in a Pokemon game after the Adventures protagonist of that game's arc, with only one exception. So far I've had (as Name - Game):

Ruby - Sapphire/AS
    Diamond - Pearl
    Gold - SoulSilver
    Black - White
    Titus - White 2
    Ecks - X

Titus is the only name that doesn't fit the naming procedure, because I named him after the Cthulhu Mythos protagonist Titus Crow. I plan on doing another White 2 run under the name D.Kurou, short for Daijuji Kurou, the protagonist of the VN Deus Machina Demonbane, which fits thematically--Kurou sounding like "kuro", the Japanese word for "black", and the whole name being a loose Japanese translation of Titus Crow.

Ecks, arguably, might not fit, as it's not really a name, but I couldn't name a character the letter X and feel good about it.

Nakala Pri

I chose the name Rosie! :D It's actually my real name and I thought it really matched May so I just went with that. :P

I was going to call her Bella or Fiona, but they were pretty easy to tire of.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I'm a fan of Phoenix Wright series so as of Pokemon X I have decied that I will name all my characters in Gen 6 after a character in Phoenix Wright series.

In AS: Klavier ( seems to be fitting since Brendon in OR/AS is bit dark skinned... like prosecutor Garvin also Brendon dose do part time role as Contest idol like Prosecutor Garvin.)

In OR: Sebastian ( after good old Sebastian Debeste... in remembrance of realise of complete translation of Miles Edgeworth Investigation 2 this year.)

pvnk-as-fvck

depressed little mess
    Years
  • I usually go with either the title of the game *Blue/Red/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Diamond/Pearl*, I use a Japanese name *it varies*, the actual name of the character from the anime *May/Dawn*, I use my real name *Trinity*, or I go with one of my favourite names- Xylya.

Back