• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your dominant hand?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Right handed but I'm used to hold knive and fork while eating left-handedly to a point where even trying the other way around feels very weird and unnatural to me. ^^"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    my right hand has the strength and brains.
    my left hand has the sensitivity, like if i want to really feel a texture i do it with the fingers on my left hand.

Years
  • Another normie right-hander is me. However I do applaud my left hand for being able to match righty's speed when typing on a keyboard, and being the reliable fretting hand when I play guitar or bass~

ShadowLugia111

Birb Obsessed
    Years
  • Right-handed for the most part. I learned to write and draw with this hand.

Sometimes I'll scroll on my phone with my left hand if laying on my right side feels more comfortable, or I'll brush my teeth with my left hand if I feel particularly sleepy that day and need to wake up.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • I would probably have been ambidextrous but school taught me out of it because they thought I would develop a learning disability if I used both hands (still have dysgraphia though so that backfired), so the result is I do pretty much everything with both hands but can only do fine motor skills with my right. Though I can eat with my left hand.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I'm mostly right handed, but my moms thought I was left handed when I was an infant. I played with my left hand and ate with my left hand almost exclusively. Nowadays I can only write with my right hand. I still eat quite often with my left hand and usually only use my left hand when I lift cups though. If I were better at writing with my left hand I would probably be considered ambidextrous.

Years
  • I'm a rightie like my dad. My mom is left-handed and so is pretty much her whole family. Sometimes I play around with doing things with my left just for fun, to see how much use I can out of my other hand. I can write with it, but my handwriting takes a little practice not to look shaky. Definitely my brain is telling me that it wants me to use my right, and am no ambidextrous, though I think it would be really cool if i was and could do everything just as good with both. I envy those who can.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'm right handed even though my left side ain't that bad.

I'm missing the accuracy for the most part on my left side compared to the right.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • It's a fun story for us because we're actually naturally ambidextrous but the school we went through forced us out of it when we were learning to write because apparently they thought we'd develop a learning disability, so the result is we're ambidextrous for pretty much everything except anything that requires fine motor skills which we need to use our right hand for. We go use both hands for sports (like what hand we catch/bat/etc with depends on the angle we want to get) and can use both hands to eat, but just can't draw or write with both hands even though we used to be able to. We'd probably be able to relearn that though if we had a need to try.

I'm also not sure what learning disability they were talking about since the only connection we've found was that people with ADHD and especially with comorbid dysgraphia are more likely to be ambidextrous? But we still have ADHD and dysgraphia, and ADHD at least is likely genetic since our mom also probably has ADHD and our dysgraphia never went away (and is actually why we bought a typewriter last year).

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm right handed. I write with my right hand, throw stuff with my right hand, etc. Even in soccer I'm right footed, typically I shoot with my right foot.

Back