• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your earliest memory?

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    What's your earliest memory?

...Something I don't think a lot of people think about.

What is the earliest memory you have? Take a second and really think about it. Where were you? What were you doing?

What was your earliest happy memory? Or sad?

My earliest memory took place at a park with my dad. I don't remember how old I was but we were near a pool or lake or fountain and there was a frog in there. We spent a good deal of time chasing it around and trying to get it. We eventually caught it but the second I touched it I got squeamish because it was wet and tossed it back. Even though the frog creeped me out, I started liking animals that day and I still really love animals, not just pets. Funny how that works.

Years
    I was 2, came home from hospital* and later that day my father instructed my how to build an actually stable house with duplo bricks.

*I just remember I was there, no idea why. From what I know I've been sick quite frequently at that age, scarlet and whatever else must have been plaguing me all the time.

Zet

Years
    When I woke up one day without a single memory, at first I found it a bit hard to be positive about who were my friends and family but over time I grew to accept that... though I really should have said something about not remembering anything. And this was when I was four or five years old.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The furthest back I can remember is when one of my dad's cousins and his wife were staying at our house when I was three: I can remember going into the room where they were sleeping to talk to them about something... can't remember what.

That's it though. Got a reeeeeeeal crappy memory for pretty much everything else!

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    My earliest extremely vague memory was when I was something around 2 years old. Don't know it's significance at all, I was just looking outside the door in my memory.

Years
    It'd be the only memory I remember of Illinois, the state I was born. It's just a park with wood chips. That's all. My memory sucks. :( Then again, I was only 3 at the time, so maybe not so bad.

I don't remember anything else until about 5 years old, when I was in kindergarten. My first real fond memory is a story we did with a gingerbread man the teachers made, and it disappeared! Oh noes! We got to chase around the school looking for it. So much fun. :)

Years
    I was four years old when the Quake of '89 happened. We lived in Vallejo, California and I remember being in my room playing with my dolls when the room started shaking. I remember my mom screaming my name and yelling "Where are you?". My dad was on the Bay Bridge on his way home from work when a car in front of him disappeared. My dad was lucky that day to make it off the bridge alive. I remember watching the news with my mom and my dad was interviewed. He was a coroner for San Francisco and he ended up having to help remove bodies. It was a very bad day. I've had nightmares about bridges collapsing every since and I don't like driving on bridges. My dad ended up having a nervous breakdown because of everything he went through and was never the same after.

Years
    I was 3. I'd broken my arm playing at a park. I don't remember any of that actually happening, but I do remember the big scary machine of death the scary strangers kept trying to put my arm in and how I cried and kept trying to cradle my arm and how they wouldn't let me do that. I didn't really understand what x-rays where back then.

Years
    My earliest memory is, when i was around 3 years old and swallowed an orange crayon, because I thought it was the fruit. I remember myself choking on it, and my grandmother saving my life. Man, I really loved oranges.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My earliest memory is running down the hall to the bathroom by the back door and trying to see if I was tall enough to see myself in the mirror. I wasn't even tall enough to see over the counter and I imagine I was around 3 years old.

It's such a dull memory but I suppose that's better than a depressing one. @_@

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't know. I remember lots.

I remember a good handful of things from around the age of three. Wouldn't know how to determine what was earliest. All kind of a blur then

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    My earliest I could think back of was when I was about 3 and I was in my Grandmother's garden with my mother. We were living there at the time, I think and I chased my Mother and Father around the garden with the Hose.

Thinking back to that makes me happy somehow.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Umm.. my earliest memory is when I was 2 or 3 in pre-school I think when I got face painted and really, really didn't like it. So I went to the bathroom I washed it off and then I prolly cried and since then I've never got face painted (or rather, never did it again during my infancy/early childhood).

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I remember lots of things from anytime after I was 4 years old, and very very few things from even when I was 3 years old.
    But it doesn't work that way, at least for me, when somebody just asks me my earliest memory. It has to be specific, like if someone asked, "Do you remember your first school?" Then I can answer them.

But yeah, just for the sake of saying something, a few of my earliest memories include me introducing myself to a guy when I got in nursery school when I was 3 and a half years old. He was my first non-family friend ever, most probably. I even remember his name, which isn't something that I would mention here, and that the classroom had small benches, and a back door which lead to a closed up backyard, where my first teacher ever (who was mentally ill, and a biatch at that) locked up a random student with his/her mom (can't remember gender of the student) because the mom behaved a little badly. I even remember being shocked to a good extent, and wondering why such little rudeness can lead to such punishments. It wasn't year later that it became obvious that the teacher in question was mentally ill.

Other memories include me falling from the stairs, me being the first guy in my class every year when I was a little kid, and now I'm no good when it comes to education life. This reminds me that most of my earlier results were attributed to my mom making me study for long hours, and beating me up every time I did a mistake. That also reminds me a lot of the other abuses I've gone through, specially from my mom.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    When I was three or four, walking down a quiet, misty road holding my dad's hand, candy in the other hand. It was early morning, I believe.

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
    It was either me being wheeled down a hospital corridor (in for chickenpox & fits) or standing up close to the TV when the old ITV ident was on. My region cancelled that ident in October '94, so I would have been three then.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I was 4, and I lived where there was a HUGE blizzard that winter. Four feet of snow, and I wasn't four feet tall...my mom had to come rescue me from snowdrifts ^^;

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    My earliest memory is of me trying to impersonate a policeman and looking at the mirror. I would run around my house all day carrying a stick (which was supposed to be a gun >>). That or.. I remember sitting down and watching TV with my cousin. I don't really recall how old I was back then.. I think I was around 3 years old.

Back