• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your fave Poke Ball?

Years
  • Pok%C3%A9_Balls_GL.png

Ah yes, Poke Balls. An essential tool for every Pokemon Trainer to have, and each one comes with so many different colours and purposes. That said, what is your fave type of Poke Ball? Which do you think has the best design, and which do you think is the most effective?

Years
  • I love the Heal Ball and Love Ball for no other reason other than that they're pink! ^__^ I love pink.

Aside from those, I'm a huge fan of the Luxury Ball, and have been since its introduction in Gen III! It looks absolutely amazing and I think it also increases friendship which is a plus as well; super glad that Game Freak decided to keep this Poke Ball around to this day!

I can definitely see your stance on the Love Ball and Heal Ball because while I personally don't tend to use them myself, they do look cute and how can you not love a pink Poke Ball? I seem to mainly like blue-dominant ones like the Net Ball, Great Ball, Moon Ball and my personal fave the Dive Ball, but I can see the appeal with what you mentioned.

I never seem to use the Luxury Ball either, but it does look pretty and it has a nice side-effect. It's definitely one I'd consider if you want to catch something that evolves through happiness.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • My favorite is the Dusk Ball, mainly because I fell in love with its color scheme some years ago. It's also got that little dark-aura effect, which I think is cool. I also like the Premier Ball, because I think design-wise it's pretty clean and simple.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Call me boring but I prefer the original Poké Ball design. When I have a team of six, I have this weird thing where I like them all to be caught in Poké Balls so that they're matching lmao. If I was going to go for something else in say terms of design though, it would probably be the Luxury Ball or Repeat Ball.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • Luxury ball as it's so fancy and always a pleasure to look at. The Premier ball is really nice as well, I'm so glad that it was possible to buy them without having to buy 10 regular Poke balls in XY.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Premier balls are my favourite. Though they have the same performance as a regular pokeball, I just love the look of red and white.I think I prefer the simpler designs on pokeballs. Net balls also appeal to me as no other pokeball has an actual net on it. It's a smart design.

Years
  • I can definitely understand those who mentioned the Premier Ball. While its catch rate is nothing special (it's only the same catch rate as a normal Poke Ball) it does at least look pretty, and in Moon it was what my Alolan Raichu was caught in. Because she deserves to feel special.

Years
  • I absolutely love the simple white design of the Premier Ball, dive balls are pretty cool too. The original Poke Balls are up there too :3

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Favorite Pokeball?

Are you that person who catches all your Pokemon with one type of Pokeball, or do you just kinda use whatever? I personally like heal balls the most, and I try to make as much of my Pokemon as possible be caught/bred in them.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • ultra balls and occasionally dusk balls. I'm too lazy to bother with anything else and don't really care about most of the others.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • I prefer using Ultra balls Heal balls and Dusk balls The other Pokeballs seems like A waste of time to use Atleast for me.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I like Luxury Balls best. The idea of a little hotel suite in the Poke Ball is so cute! Too bad almost no one ever uses them and they're so hard to find in game.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Same as Lyoko above me, I love using Luxury balls, they are hard to find, but they look so adorable and love the friendly it makes the Pokemon
    (i like being nice with all)

Amaris

Ghost Fanatic ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2019
    I admittedly have to go with the luxury ball as well! Sleek, classy and very aesthetically pleasing. ♥

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'm a big fan of the Apricorn Balls in general. I really enjoy the concept of turning nuts into Poké Balls. When I was younger, I'd decorate walnut shells like Poké Balls (I even made wire hinges for them).

My favorite is the Friend Ball. It has a really country-crafty feel that screams "Johto" to me.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • The Luxury Ball and conventional Poke Ball are the most aesthetically pleasing for me because they look stylish with any pokemon and I dont have to worry about matching or uniformity when creating a team. Sometimes the Dusk Ball looks good on darker colored pokemon, such as Zubat or ghost types.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Heal Ball, Quick Ball, Timer ball

The first one is so pretty with its colors! The Quick Ball also looks really good (like Sweden's flag haha) and is very useful. The Timer Ball looks really cool in its animation imo.

Years
  • The first one is so pretty with its colors! The Quick Ball also looks really good (like Sweden's flag haha) and is very useful. The Timer Ball looks really cool in its animation imo.

I like what you said about the Quick Ball there. It's the type of Poke Ball I always want to use when catching a Chinchou, because you know blue and yellow matches it.

I have to admit I'm surprised about how much love the Luxury Ball has been getting. Maybe I should use it more.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like what you said about the Quick Ball there. It's the type of Poke Ball I always want to use when catching a Chinchou, because you know blue and yellow matches it.

I have to admit I'm surprised about how much love the Luxury Ball has been getting. Maybe I should use it more.
    Only thing I'm picky about regarding balls is having too many of the same kind on my team haha. I don't like Great Ball and Ultra Ball much, either XD I don't particularly mind how well the ball matches the pokémon, actually.

Does Luxury Ball increase the pokemon's happiness faster?

Back