• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen whats your fave pokemon and why

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2004
    mine is tropius because i like grass pokemon and it is really cool looking it learns alright attacks aswell.

laterz from scizor the armoured bug

Da_Green_Teddy

Emerald Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 11, 2004
    My favorite pokemon would have to be Espeon. My reasons are the fact that he is a psychic pokemon, and he has a regal yet tough look to him.

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
  • Hmmmm............ I've had favs in different games. Up until R/S, its been Mew. I dunno y, i just liked him (not for the legendary status, i just liked the way he looked). In R/S, i think it'd hav 2 be Latias. She ruled in my first file. O yeah, in every game i have had an Oddish in my party and he was my favorite 'mon for the longest time (longer than Mew). When people say they hate Oddish, i get mad. And wat makes me madder is when people feel that Oddish NEEDS to be evovled *cough* Frostweaver *cough*. I think Oddish is the coolest looking of all his evovled stages and he rules. Hail to Oddish.

Skrin

Still the best!!!xD
    Years
  • Well, if I had to choose my favorite pokemon, it'd be...

BLAZIKEN!! :knockedou

I mean, who wouldn't like a wingless phoinex who evolves from an explodeing chicken? :P

*Spots army of torchic-loving blaziken haters*

Uh-oh. G2G *Runs off* :bandit:

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • I have lots of favorites, and here's explanations for some of them...

Ninetales: That's where I got my username here at Pokecommunity! I like Ninetales because of its powerful flame and mysteriousness. I was drawn towards it by the Pokemon episode where Ash and friends visited a fake mansion created by Ninetales's illusions (forgot episode name). And it's a Fire-type, my third favorite type.

Gardevoir: I fell in love with Gardevoir ever since I got it in Sapphire. I love the way it looks, and it's a good Pokemon to have in the game (after you painfully evolve it from a Ralts and a Kirlia...). Sort of like Alakazam, with higher Special Defense! And Gardevoir wouldn't be a bad Pokemon to have around--especially if it would risk its life to protect its trainer...

Banette: It was my sadistic nature that drew me towards this Pokemon. I fell in love with it ever since I used it in a fanfic, where this old woman named Celia used it to constantly curse her great-granddaughter Kelsey. But other than that, I don't know why I like Banette so much...

Alakazam: I totally agree with Linksocc. Alakazam is a cool Pokemon, but I like it for more than its special attack. Alakazam would be useful for getting to places quickly because it can teleport. It's also the smartest Pokemon there is--another reason why I like it... (5000's pretty darn high for an IQ!) And it's the best Pokemon of Sabrina, my favorite trainer! And it's a Psychic-type, my favorite type! Hmmm...

Bellossom: Bellossom is so cute! And it's a good dancer too! That's why I like Bellossom, even though I don't think it's a really good Pokemon in the game because of its lousy speed and not much else...

Xatu: I like Xatu because it can predict the future, but also because of its daily routines. Wake up, stare at the sun, meditate, peek into the past and future... all day long... Huh, wish I could do that... Meditite would have also been my favorite Pokemon, but there's something about Xatu I like better. It has a better appearance, better attacks, and it's a bird and I like birds...

Hypno: I fell in love with Hypno when I got it as my best Pokemon in Yellow. Without it, I couldn't have beaten the Elite 4! I also like Hypno for its hypnotic abilities, far superior to that of any other Pokemon I know of... I kind of got mad when I heard that Hypno is not a good Pokemon in the game because of its lousy speed, but who cares? And it doesn't appear in Ruby/Sapphire... Darn! Oh well, I always liked Hypno anyways!

Misdreavus: I like Misdreavus because of its mischievous personality and its cute and mysterious appearance. I sort of wish Misdreavus would have better attacks in the game, but... I immediately fell in love with it when I saw it in Pokemon Stadium 2. And it's a Ghost-type, my second favorite type!

Dragonair: This is my only favorite Pokemon that isn't fully evolved. That's because I like Dragonair's appearance more than Dragonite's... Dragonair looks more mysterious, and I like mysterious Pokemon. It's a Dragon-type, my fourth favorite type! I also like the way it moves when it flies--it just floats in the air. The spheres on its neck and tail must be awfully pretty too... Dragonite seems too much of a "musclehead" to me anyways, and well, too stereotypical... Sorry if I offended you Dragonite lovers... :disappoin

I like those Pokemon so much that I put them all in my new Pokedex (except for Banette), and I even created evolved forms for some of them!

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
  • Hey, w/ not evolving Draginair, i'm da same. My friends say i'm a freak for not usin Dragonite, but i'm not alone. In red i used the my unlimited rare candies 2 get dragonair up from level 31 to 100, pressing b every time. that was annoying.

Kabutops

Force to be Reckoned With
    Years
  • My favorate pokemon is obvious... Kabutops :) he/she is my fave cause it has the "mess with me and u'll need a new face/head" type of look :) and its got cool scythes for hands... :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Erm...I dunno. Probably Alakazam? It's got super high Sp. Atk., very fast, and can learn all Elemental Punches.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    My favorite Pokemon is probably....

SHIFTRY!!

I love shiftry...learns AWESOME moves, is dark AND grass.....what Poke could stand against it?

flygonruler1

See "flygon"page 32
    Years
  • I whould Say.....hmmmmmm FLYGON!
    Because of its looks,and stats
    think about have you ever had one in your party?They rock!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I had a flygon in my team and it sucked. I like how they look though! And they are unbeatable with their wide range of attacks!

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • *pulles out faves list* wow, mostly humanshapes.

Hitmonchan- the Pokemon I'm associated with, so he's like my trade mark. It's a long story I've told countless times on how he became my fave so I don't feel like telling it again. I just have this emotional bond to him. And I hate when people say he looks like a girl. People say that Hitmonlee is superior because of higher attack and speed, but I still love Hitmonchan even if he doesn't have the most eye popping stats.

Machoke- cute Fighting type even though the anime tends to bastardize it. I hate when people insist that females need breasts. Even when unevolved, Machoke is still pretty good and has decent staying power for a middle guy. I tend to call mine female when I draw them.

Electabuzz- it's just so so cool and has an original design. I like drawing Electabuzz my own way with pinky white paws and more fluffiness. And in game it's a great special sweeper. Like Machoke I tend to associate Electabuzz as being female

Hariyama- yet another humanshape Pokemon I like to draw and associate with being a female. Ingame that amazing HP and attack make it formidable (fake out, ooooh), but Hariyama is also fun to draw. My ingame one is female and adamant.

Medicham- this is a Pokemon I just very recently started liking and drawing. It's neat having a Fighting type who is light and acrobatic and it reminds me of my Hitmonchik. I don't like Meditite though. I trained Medicham only once when I was doing the mono type challenge using fighting types.

Jynx- love her or hate her, Jynx is frelling awesome. She has an interesting type combo and a solid sleep move. Even though her special attack was improved in GSC, I feel Jynx was better in RBY when Psychic was strong anyway and Ice was good against common ground, flying, and grass types and Dragonite.

Exploud- it took me awhile to warm up to it, but Exploud has a very neat design and almost has a ceratopsian look to it. It's not amazingly strong but solid in the game. The design makes me think of Electabuzz, Magmar, and Nidoking, so Exploud has that nostalgic appeal to it also.

Pokemon I also like but don't feel like making paragraphs about: Flygon, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, Electrike, Houndoom, Rapidash, Golduck, Mr. Mime, Shiftry, Ludicolo, Blaziken, Breloom, Lapras, Granbull, Exeggutor

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • pokejungle said:
    My favorite Pokemon is probably....

SHIFTRY!!

I love shiftry...learns AWESOME moves, is dark AND grass.....what Poke could stand against it?
    Classical Unmentionable-S, and its brother the Unmentionable-W?

Regarding Flygon, it's a hard Pokemon to use, but if it's used well it's still very powerful due to high stats, and levitate = sweet.

katty

what's^?
    Years
  • in the 2nd and 1st gen(charmander)my very first starter in blue, dont know why, guess its one of ash's starters xD
    3rd gen(pelipper) pelipper has always been on my side, although its not that strong but i trained it since it was level 3.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 22, 2004
    My favorite pokemon are:

Meganium- First pokemon game i played was crystal and well i had seen my bro play before me, and he used the typhlosion series and i wanted something different, and.... well chikorita was just cute :P
    Anyways i just thought she was cool until i got later in the game, then i ended up relying on here defense stats heavily. Namely the ice gym.... i dunno why, but the only fire type i had was an underlvled growlithe, and the rest were ground/rock types and such.... all mine were weak vs ice except my poliwhirl... and he wasn't any help, meganium saved the day, and she was even lower lvl i think lol.

Paras/Parasect- I have always loved these guys for no particular reason...... makes me mad that shroomish can now learn his exclusive move which had always been my reason for justifying his use to others.... now they tell me to go use shroomish :(

Growlithe/Arcanine- well i am a dog trainer afterall :P aside from that growlithe is so cute.... and Arcanine looks cool :)

Shindja(sp?)- well i am sure ya'll know who i am talking about, none other then mister wonderguard :), amazing, i really like him lol. Anyways, i just wonder at the power wonderguard would have on someone like marshtop :)

Tauros- He is fast strong ,and looks really cool :P. Other then that he has always been a help to my team, and well, he can have a nasty moveset, the one i seen was to reflect/lightscreen with another pokemon and bring him out moveset of : rest/sleep talk/horn drill/fissure. you either will miss till death or really hurt the other guys party :P

Umbreon- Coolest looking evee evolution, in crystal only decent dark type, and well, she can be quite the annoyer :P

well those are my top favorite pokemon other pokemon i like are: ninetales(looks awesome),Feraligatr(who doesn't like a 7'7" tall 196 lb aligator?), Blaziken(he looks neat, but i wish he was fighting/flying instead of fire/fighting), Electabuzz is cool but i don't get to use him alot.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • In crystal there's Tyranitar and Houndoom already... and they can sweep like crazy O.o; Umby isn't the only decent dark types back then...

Parasect is still quite good. It still has spore, and now it got aromatherapy too. ^^;

agree @ Chikorita ^^ Meganium is the UU version of Sceptile in terms of battling though.

Arcanine is always famous and darn well usable with extremespeed and some good stats at its disposal... flamethrower and crunch helps a lot too, and intimidate is one of the best ability in the game.

Power of wonderguard > Sandstream... blah!

And thank goodness that Fish-Tauros is gone already... but now Tauros can attack by itself on its own. Good attack, good speed with intimidate.

Lunatone... one of the 6 Pokemon I actually trained in the game o.o; It's easy to handle as it can't have a gender, and the moveset is written in stone... lol

Nidoking and its megahorn bought back some popularity, but sadly it's still a UU of the metagame.

Back