• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your Favorite Arc?

What arc is your favorite?

• Red/Green/Blue

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Gold/Silver/Crystal

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • FireRed/LeafGreen

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Emerald

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Heartgold/Soulsilver

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Platinum

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Black/White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Pretty straightforward. :)

What arc is your favorite? Why?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    A tie between Yellow and Ruby/Sapphire. Absolutely loved the Elite Four in the Yellow arc, and the whole mystery on the whereabouts of Red kept me completely engrossed in it. Yellow also developed nicely as a character. The epic battle with Lance was terrific, and Blaine and Mewtwo were a nice touch.

Ruby/Sapphire was completely interesting, like Around the World in 80 Days. It kept a nice mix of the conflicts between Ruby and Sapphire in correlation with Magma and Aqua. I also loved that Magma Admin (who I forgot her name...) and she was quite the character with her own past revolving around contests. The ending was nicely done, fused with the legendaries and inevitable deaths.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    A tie between Yellow and Ruby/Sapphire. Absolutely loved the Elite Four in the Yellow arc, and the whole mystery on the whereabouts of Red kept me completely engrossed in it. Yellow also developed nicely as a character. The epic battle with Lance was terrific, and Blaine and Mewtwo were a nice touch.

Ruby/Sapphire was completely interesting, like Around the World in 80 Days. It kept a nice mix of the conflicts between Ruby and Sapphire in correlation with Magma and Aqua. I also loved that Magma Admin (who I forgot her name...) and she was quite the character with her own past revolving around contests. The ending was nicely done, fused with the legendaries and inevitable deaths.

That would be Magma Admin Courtney (Completely ignoring Chuang Yi's mess up by calling her "Marge")

Zet

Years
  • This is an hard question to answer, but personally I've loved all the arcs I have read so far(though Emerald wasn't as great as the others). If I was to say which one is number one, it would definitely be a tie between the Yellow arc and the Ruby/Sapphire arc.

LifeUpStudios

Cheater Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I'd have to go on with saying "Red/Blue/Green" as I think that the classics were better and more.. original. More enjoying to see what happens.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The Red/Blue/Green arc, the FR/LG arc, and then the Ruby/Sapphire arc in that order. The former two because well... Red (I'm such a sad sad fangirl), and the last one because the two main protagonists were interesting, and the story was really interesting as well.

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • Having only read upto the end of G/S, I have to say R/B/G. Yellow was alright, but apart from the Elite Four at the end, I found it quite boring for the majority of the arc.

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    The Diamond and Pearl arc showed me that Kusaka has mastered the art of characterization, which is one of this manga's strongest points. It's my favorite arc, just on top of the Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen arcs.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I said its between Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald chapter. If only Adan have more important role and appearance, Ruby/Sapphire would become my favorite one.

Back