• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's YOUR favorite band? (and why)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    As of now:

HEY MONDAY - The songs of Hey Monday is what we will play in our "Acoustic Night." And I adore their songs.
    PARAMORE - Same, but the event is "Christmas Party". And the way they sing... Totally rocks...
    SECONDHAND SERENADE - The Voicing is what I like in them. Although most of their songs are Sad, Senti songs, I still love them!

Years
    I have been listening to Dir En Grey recently.

They are a rather good band, a mix of heavy metal and then soothing ballad songs! XD
    I would check them out =]

One of their songs is my profile video!
    Don't get too creeped out! XD

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    Favorite Band: Cobra Starship
    Reason: I like them, because their music has variety. I also like them because they have the whole don't F*ck with me attitude.

LordBlumiere

Probably dead
    Years
    Band: Within Temptation
    Reason: I've always been a fan of what I call 'fantasy rock', which is basically epic music with a rock edge to it. It may make more sense if I said they were described as symphonic rock/metal. The vocals by Sharon den Adel soar above the band's sounds to create a haunting atmosphere when called for and an almost-lullaby when needed. Songs range from a hard gothic metal sound in their early days to the epic-sounding tracks such as "The Promise" and "Neverending Story" to rock tracks such as "See Who I Am" and "The Howling" to softer tracks such as "Memories" and "Say My Name". The range that this band provides is absolutely amazing. Not a single one of their albums does not have something I like.

Game Creator

Work in progress
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2009
    The Beatles because their music is timeless and always puts people in a good mood.

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    It's a toughie picking 1 band, but my fav 3 would be
    Van Halen
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Jackson 5ive

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Bands:
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers
    The Clash
    The Beatles (And their solo stuff)
    Pink Floyd
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    Cream (Favorite supergroup)
    The Rolling Stones
    Nirvana
    Ian Van Dahl
    The Azoic
    Heart
    Daft Punk

Solos:
    Michael Jackson (R.I.P.).
    Anything by Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz, Monkey: Journey to the West, etc.)
    Anything by Dido.
    Alicia Keys
    Akira Yamaoka
    dj TAKA
    Feist
    David Bowie

I have so much explaining to do, do I? :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2011
    Yellowcard are my favourite band, not only because I enjoy their music, but because I love their originality by use of a violin in pop music. All of the band members play their roles in each song really well, and the use of the violin really makes the songs just that bit more exciting. Plus, the violin in Believe is actually amazing.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Favorite Band: The Killers
    Reason: Because they're the first band who've produced dance music which I liked. Ever. Let's face it, a lot of dance music is just noise with, if you're lucky, a couple of pathetic attempts at 'lyrics'. Listen to Human and, yeah, its a dance track, but its got some reall deep lyrics. Look at Spaceman and, my personal favourite, This River is Wild. At times, their lyrics are practically poetry. Then, it does of course help that the music is catchy, epic and beautiful, all at the same time. Once again, try This River is Wild for a perfect example. Its also interesting to see how their style has changed and developed as time has gone on, whereas many modern artists seem to just mass-produce drivel. Umm...I think that's it :D Here's a link to that epically awesome song:

This River is Wild

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I never have one favourite band/singer, but generally a few that stay up in my favourites all the time and a few that swap and change.​

As of right now I'd have to say my favourite bands and singers are:
    - Michael Jackson
    - Daft Punk
    - The White Stripes
    - Beck
    - Wheatus
    - The Killers
    - Coldplay
    - Bowling For Soup
    - A-Ha [If only for Take On Me. xD;]
    - Green Day
    - Lazlo Bane
    - SPLAY
    - Train
    - And if I may throw an anime soundtrack composer in, Toshihiko Sahashi, best known for Katekyō Hitman REBORN!

As you can see I don't exactly stick to one genre. =P​

DrawnVigilance

7861 Blackthorne
    Years
    All That Remains - Oli Herbert and Mike Martin Are brilliant guitarists and Jason Costa is probably the most underrated drummer in the existence of anything

The Devil Wears Prada - Mike Hranica is one of my favorite screamers and their breakdowns are big and nasty, nothing gets better than that.

Children of Bodom - Alexi Laiho nuff said

Bullet For My Valentine - Iv loved these guys for the longest time, and i love the guitar work of Tuck And Padgett

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I have toooons of favorite bands. Two of them are American based and the rest or Japan-based.

To name a few:

Green Day
    My Chemical Romance
    HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR
    Orange Range
    Access

And lots more. I like those ones because I like the alternative rock feel it gives. It's the kind of thing that makes you want to start dancing. XD

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Only band I've never had second thoughts about. The first time I heard "Otherside" when I was but a wee lad, god, soemthing magic happened. I love Anthony's ability to create a very groovy sounding song with incredibly depressing, enigmatic lyrics. Whether you want to funk it up with Love Trilogy, chill out to Stadium Arcadium or Wet Sand, or get caught in the flow of Can't Stop, It's just ****ing awesome.

If they stop touring before I get to see them live, I will have no reason left to live.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    favourite band: red hot chilli peppers.
    why: they've been around for so long and yet their music just gets better and better. i remember my sister and i singing to "give it away now" when we were young - we loved that song! and even today they still amaze me with their musical abilities. their music can make you want to get up and dance, or if you're feeling mellow they have some relaxing songs aswell. they are truly a fantastic band! [although, the killers and the beatles are right up there aswell.].

i did want to say prince, but he's not a band. xD prince is just incredible!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back