• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite gym leader battle theme?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Most to least:

Hoenn
    Sinnoh
    Johto
    Unova
    Kanto
    Paldea
    Kalos
    Galar

Reasoning is I like gym themes that sound like you're in for an exciting and memorable battle (of course without going to the extreme of overly epic 'the world depends on this fight' kind of song). I think Hoenn's theme has the perfect style for this, while Galar's sounds more like I'm at a disco party than a Pokémon gym.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I'm like the opposite of Corveone here. Galar's gym leader theme was so lit to me. It got me super hyped. It really captured the atmosphere of the live crowd. Galar handled gym battles so well.

Years
    Right off the bat I can recall gen 5's gym battle theme and remember that one being hype. Gen 3's gym battle theme is another one I definitely recall and how it goes. All the other regions I have trouble recalling.

Years
    There is only one winner for me and that is Unova Gym Leader theme that plays, when they are down to their last Pokémon. It always felt satisfying to hear it. And I like how it carefully mixes positive vibes of you winning with the tension of being on your last Pokémon. Like a true finale.

Other than that, I prefer longer themes that take time to build up like themes of Kalos and Alola. Well, to be honest, Kalos GL battle theme is probably my second favourite, followed by Alola's GL battle theme.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I agree with Serenity here. I like all the Gym battle themes, but I don't ever listen to them outside their respective games,
    but I do listen to the Gym Leader/'E4'/Champion themes outside of Gen 8.
    They are very memorable to me, and they make great ambiguous duel music tracks.
    Though Gen 9's Gym music ain't bad either.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Prefers Kanto, Unova, Kalos, and Galar the most, probably? Hardly narrows it down. Likes Kanto's beat the whole way through, the music changes for Unova and Galar, and the lead-in for Kalos.

As a note: Do not forget about Piers's theme. Plays a different theme than the other gym leaders.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    I think Kanto, Hoenn, Unova and Galar are my top favorites. Kanto and Hoenn have good melodies, whereas Unova and Galar's musical changes help make the battles more immersive.

Years
    Galar
    Hoenn
    Unova
    Sinnoh
    Johto / Kanto

Kalos / Alola
    Paldea

Had Galar's underneath Unova initially, but then looked up Piers' theme and combined with the other gym leader theme for Galar I bumped it up to #1 :coolcat:
    Which I guess means my favorite is Piers' xD

Back