• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite legendary?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    All Time: Lugia. Though in the past it's been Articuno, Mew, and Suicune.

Kanto: Articuno and Mew
    Johto: Lugia and Articuno
    Hoenn: Latias
    Sinnoh: I don't really like any of them. Eh, I guess Shaymin. :x

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
  • Latias hands down. It's so cute. I like Latios too, but if I had to choose one, it'd be Latias.

But region-wise:
    Kanto: Zapdos, Mewtwo's cool too.
    Johto: Ho-oh
    Hoenn: Latias
    Sinnoh: Eh..Cresselia or Dialga I guess.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I always loved Zapdos and the other birds, and that's about it; none of the others do it for me.
    Shame I lost the TCG card of it.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I've always admired Lugia. I don't know why since I've actually never owned it in any of my game playthroughs. I think the reason I like it so much is the fact that it is the most visually appealing to me. The Pokemon designers, in my opinion, try too hard when they design the legendary Pokemon, making them too vulgar and bashful. Lugia, however, has a calm aura about it but you can also sense it's strenghts and powers. This, for me, is how a legend should be designed and portrayed but it looks like they've only cracked it once so far.

Ghostdragon

Thunder
    Years
  • Dragonite and if he doesn't count, then Mewtwo because both are just intense when it comes to fighting.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • I have always thought Mewtwo to be one of the, if not the, coolest Pokémon of them all. The way it looks and moves around during battle is just awesome, and its background/history has seemed so cool to me ever since I saw the first movie.

However, now that I've begun my adventures in Generation IV, I am also starting to see the coolness of Dialga. It looks almost as cool as Mewtwo (or, dare I say . . . perhaps cooler, even?), and it freaking controls time! Arceus also seems appealing to me, mainly because of its ability to, ya know, create the entire world (or at least Sinnoh), and also partly because of the way it looks. But that may or may not change if I ever have an Arceus of my own.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Well I can't say I have just one favourite, but in fact I have a bunch of legendaries which are all I think are great!
    Most of the legendaries are from Gen I and Gen II and some from Gen IV.
    Here they are:

Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno: They are the best and most orginal and awesome legendaries, and they are not overdone like the latest ones.

Ho-oh and Lugia: Also awesome with each ruling the sky and sea with water and fire.

Celebi: Cute and is speedy and quick. Love it!

Suicune, Raikou, Entei: When my cousin gave me her pokemon gold I found these dogs but could never catch them. And still till this day I havent caught them properly in the game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    I find that the legendary pokemon I like the best would be paired between Latias and Latios. Powerful in their own right, but not to the point of being gods. Just unique creatures content to enjoy themselves, tending to avoid humans due to occasional corrupted individuals seeing them not as creatures in their own right, but power to be exploited...

*cough* anne & oakley *cough* >_>

Catching the Legendary dogs? Did it for Entei in Firered, after a LOT of ultra balls...
    Gengar with hypnosis, hynotized it, it ran, but the next time encountering it, it was still asleep
    Umbreon with mean look, baton passing to...
    Cradily, which used ingrain. Ingrain prevented Entei's Roar from having any effect, Umbreon's Baton-passed mean look kept it from running.
    which resulted in such a long battle that Entei was struggling itself eventually =_=

Last edited:
    Back