• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite memory related to PC?

• Of course the only threads I make are just seeped in self-indulgent nostalgia but... why not.

Those of you that have been around a while, what memory of your time on PC is your favorite? A person? An event? A general vibe?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I'm super nostalgic for the vibe of 2016 - early 2017 PC. I came back at the start of that year, made some of my best friends in the first weeks of the Discord, and posted around a lot more than I do now.

Years
  • well i literally only started being a regular last year despite this account being around since 2013 lol, but i guess i'm nostalgic towards the rom hack sections. they were pretty much the only places i went to for a long time, literally just to download patch files to play hacks n stuff. i can say that i thank PC for being an easy medium to access one of the most fun parts of my early teen years.

Years
  • Being modded was super exciting for me back in 2012. I could tell it was coming since the person promoting me really dragged it on, but it still made me super happy when it happened. I am also very thankful for the first person here to reach out and become friends with me (Anastasia.R) since it was the start of many good memories. :'D

also meeting my now fiancé

and becoming owner lol

Years
  • being modded some 7.5 years ago

2013 as a whole since that was when i became super active

and then pc's 15th anniversary gt in 2017!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Other Trivia circa 2009. Nica, Rika, Malyka, Munna, Tara, Josephine, 26 characters, Gabri, Sticky.

The Mod Hangout before... things happened.

The colour orange.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The birth of the UG. The first time I wandered into the RPT. Getting modded. Late night Plug.dj sessions.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Like others, getting modded and the things that surrounded that hold the best memories for me. I was super happy when it happened. That was 2009, and 2007-2011 were probably the most fun years for me! I don't have an exact memory in mind, I just remember PC being super active, and it was constantly like one huge chatroom. I'm not big on Discord, so for me, the forums being so active were very fun to keep up with.

Years
  • being modded like everyone else

2015-2017 were probably my favorite years here, back when I was more active, meeting people and having fun in the PC Minecraft server, hosting events in VG, and hanging out with everyone in plug.dj/dubtrack. I've been out of it for a while and have lost a lot of the connections I once had, but I'm looking forward to reconnecting with people and making new friends in this current era!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • like the late 2000's to mid-10's probably. being a mod, having a ton of sections, lots of friends (many of whom i still talk to today), i'm sure i have plenty of random screenshots from back in the day. some highlights

- anything in challenges basically. i love that section. it's my baby, even though i don't mod it anymore.
    - when someone asked allah to bless them to fight me
    - someone was trying to show up klippy by telling him he had just bought a 70 inch tv lmfao???? we just thought it was so funny
    - "i'm looking at you!! you look wonderful!!"
    - getting smodded woo
    - does anyone remember irc lmfao
    - trade corner shenanigans during the height of gen 5

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • like the late 2000's to mid-10's probably. being a mod, having a ton of sections, lots of friends (many of whom i still talk to today), i'm sure i have plenty of random screenshots from back in the day. some highlights

Happy brit hat

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Probably 2012-2013 or 2015! I met all of my PC friends that I still keep in contact with during the 1st year I spent on PC and I have fond memories of hanging out on the battle server even if I haven't talked to most of the people there in years. I also remember having a lot of fun during the GT and in Pokemon Clubs. I remember 2015 being the last year I felt super active and involved here and I look fondly back on that too. There were some ??? moments during the first few years but overall I like looking back on those times as it was the start of what would be some great friendships/personal growth. I really do feel like I grew up on PC and it influenced a lot of who I am now so it always feels nice to look back to the start. :)

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Getting modded the first time
    My username being changed to Twirly out of nowhere
    Getting modded again
    getting "banned" - that was actually most memorable... I forgot how that actually came to be but it was hilarious at the time.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Becoming friends with someone whom I still talk with occasionally, despite them not being on PC, anymore.

Also last year when I started to delve into the club section and people suddenly started to interact with what I was saying. The staff of that section are all really nice people to have around!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    All the DubTrack sessions and my first mafia game where I caused so much chaos.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • like the late 2000's to mid-10's probably. being a mod,
    - getting smodded woo
    - does anyone remember irc lmfao
    - trade corner shenanigans during the height of gen 5

OMG me right here especially the shenanigans during the late 2000s to around 2014... I had some of my best memories on IRC!

Taro Tanaka

Banned
    Years
  • I remember years ago, someone here hosted a game of Team Fortress 2, and a bunch of us played together. It was better than dealing with the adolescent toxicity of finding a random server.

They even awarded us with a profile badge for participating... and then they nixed the badge system from that time, so the badge is gone. Booooooo.

Back