• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite memory related to PC?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Rediscovering the site, back during like the 10th anniversary when that green theme was the default.

A large chunk of the years between 2007 and 2013ish. Getting to know people who made my time here so significant.

Also getting promoted to moderator and then to super moderator. I remember I got promoted to moderator on Christmas and I got promoted to super moderator the night before moving to college. And then spending class time viewing all the threads in HQ.

Being a super moderator was my favorite time on the site. I enjoyed the politics of it all. I enjoyed having discussions that changed the community as a whole.

I also liked being in the know and having a say at who was about to be promoted to moderator and planning that because for a lot of people that was made to be a really big thing especially when MSN was around.

Also all the web designs and concepts I had for the site. Probably what pushed me into the career I'm at today.

Now I'm feeling nostalgic again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • 2016 mod promotion was interesting and perhaps a highlight of my time here.
    • i loved hanging out in the seasonal dccs that used to be a thing here. it was kinda nuts how fast the dcc used to go bc there were people posting really quickly, sometimes ninjaing each other... it was really where most of the pc crew hung out at.
    • pc presidency was most certainly an interesting time, even if it was really a massive popularity contest. same with member of the month. seeing the different categories and who would vote who for which category was a fun time.
    • i really miss the latios/latias (?) skin that was around when i first joined, by FG. i suppose, to me, that's pretty much the iconic, PC look.
    • signatures were actually a pretty big deal back then! i miss the cool avatar/sig shops that were around, and having matching avatar/signatures was such a big thing in past pc. it was super cute, in retrospect.
    • pc families. while pairs still (surprisingly) exist, the rest of pc families has not. people used to have brothers, sisters, evil twins... anything and everything you can think of.
    • perhaps controverisal one: i miss how we used to go all out before in past april fools and were a lot more willing to prank people. todoroki will go down in pc history as one of the most memorable pranks ever pulled, that couldn't ever really be pulled in the modern pc era. it's my hope that someday we'd actually lean back into those times and actually have fun while pranking and not worry so much about people trying to spoil/ruin things.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Being modded in 2018. Also pretty much all of 2009 (when I joined) thru 2012. The launches and speculations of HGSS, BW, BW2 and such were great times here. That vibe will never be matched again.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Being promoted to mod and mod lead was cool and all.. but I think my favorite memory was all the amazing friends I made along the way. Cheesy, I know, but it's my truth.

pkmin3033

Yeah the whole mod thing was pretty cool when I thought there would be no way in hell I'd be staff because nobody likes me and I seem to cause more arguments than most people

The .gif thread was so much fun back in the day with Dragon, Dusk, and cream. Also winning some of the PC GT events during my first year despite being a total unknown was great.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Being promoted to mod and mod lead was cool and all.. but I think my favorite memory was all the amazing friends I made along the way. Cheesy, I know, but it's my truth.

Cute reply!!!

Years
  • Just speaking and joking with my friends, the kindness everyone in staff has shown me and meeting new people as well!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Cute reply!!!
    Especially getting to hang out with you and Went! Not an 'online' memory but it wouldn't have happened without PC and you asking if I wanted to mod A&D. ♡

Years
  • one of my favorite memories was when i got promoted to admin (lol i know)

the rest of the admin team didn't know i was going to be like exclusively mobile/hosting auditions, so they initially promoted me, and then demoted me. only one person noticed, and said something about it in #general, but they were quick to delete the message/logged message lmao. it was just really funny to scroll up and read all the messages.

i also have a ton of great memories from the irc channels and the discord server - mainly just tied into the awesome friends i've made here. much love to everyone

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • Haven't been on PC that long, but my favorite memory..

..I don't know 😂 I have so many great ones, it's hard to choose just one!

..but, I'm going to have to say my favorite memory, or memories, are meeting my friends. 🙂

- when someone asked allah to bless them to fight me

😂 I'm sorry.. someone actually did that? 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I joined back in October 2004 and have been off and on since a while ago, BUT...

On top of having the privilege of being a moderator for a short period of time, my FAVORITE memory on PC spans across years. I've made so many friends here, many of which I'm still in contact with. My first friend was Kyoko and I still consider her one of my BBFs! I remember logging into MSN and eventually Skype to talk to the same 10ish people every single day.

Those were the good old days for sure :)

Back