• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats your favorite music genre?

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
Years
  • Majority of what I listen to is post-rock, indie rock, indie pop and folk. I favor instrumental music the most. I dislike rap/hip-hop the most. The only kind I can stand is the kind with jazz beats.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    Hard Rock
    Classic Rock
    Alternative Rock
    Metal (Heavy/Thrash/Speed/Sludge)
    Grunge
    Blues
    Punk
    Psychedelic

Tear

here
    Years
  • I like Pop and hip hop.
    Those genre are just simply adore me and make me feel in a good mood. :)

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Mine kind of ranges..
    Indie
    Prog rock
    Alternative rock
    and sometimes drum and bass.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Alternative Rock, often with a bit of Progressive rock, Symphonic Rock or Psychadellic Rock thrown in. That's my favourite but I like most genres of music except Pop, Dance, R 'n' B Hip Hop and Rap. The only rappers I listen to are Run DMC, Rage Against The Machine and the Lonely Island. I can stand Eminem, but only barely.

When I say Alt. Rock is my favourite I'm talking about New Prog and the like (Muse, Porcupine Tree, Blue October, Biffy Clyro etc.). I don't mean bands like Paramore and Panic at the disco whom if I listen to for more than 10 seconds I am forced to gouge my ears out with whatever implement I may have on my body whether it be a pen, a spoon or a boltgun.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I listen to a lot of different kinds, essentially I'm open to anything... Although I really can't stand country. Or at least one type of it, I'm open to certain types of country, but there is one that when it plays in a restaurant it makes me want to get up and leave. lol

But this is about our favorite genres... Sorry. XD

My iPod is packed mostly with classic rock/oldies and various types of classical music. I grew up with oldies and a little bit of classic rock (my parents coming from that time like to listen to those stations.) so it's caught on the most. But within the various types of rock I really like Jazz Rock/Fusion the most. I think when done right it's a great combination. Notably because I'm a band geek and I love hearing wind instruments used right in rock music.

I also listen to some alternative rock. Mainly alternative rock that I heard in my early teen years and are now nostalgic for me (Staind and Fuel for example.), I don't know too many of the current bands because I don't listen to a radio station that plays that kind of music anymore. In fact I don't even have anything recent from Staind or Fuel. lol

As for classical, well it really grew on me around the year of 2005. My favorite kind has been Baroque. Although I have a lot of Classical, and some Romantic. Impressionist really intrigues me, but I don't have much of it.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I listen to any genre really, but it's only the best of the best that I usually listen to of that genre. I don't listen to much music these days though because it's really not my tastes anymore.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Heavy Rock and Metal are my favorite, but I also like Trash Metal.

There's a lot that I like, but I listen to songs from those groups the most.

Back