• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Whats Your Favorite Pokémon and whats your least favorite from P/D/PM

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Hm. My favourite Gen IV Pokemon... Probably Glaceon, Leafeon or Lopunny. They're all quite graceful and pretty Pokemon, and I especially love Leafeon's Shiny Form. =3
    I also love Shiny!Weavile.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe I forgot Buizel! Buizel is definitely my favourite Gen IV Pokemon, hands down. It's cute and strong, not to mention useful. ^_^
    Other people seem to be naming favourite legends, and Darkrai is my second favourite Gen IV Pokemon out of all of them, so I guess this makes it my favourite legend. It's great! ^_^

My least favourite:
    Well, let's see. If I'm honest, quite a few of the Pokemon are pretty ugly; Probopass, Purugly and Gastrodon to name but a few.
    I personally like Bidoof; it's actually pretty cute. It's Bibarel I can't stand, even if it is useful as an HM slave.
    Can't think of much else. I'll give you a heads up if I think of something.

xX

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Favorite: Gliscor and Lucario.
    Gliscor because Gligar really needed an upgrade, and I think this one is quite powerfull.
    Lucario because of it's aura skills, and fighting style.
    And they both look cool

Least favorite:
    Dialga, Palkia, Shaymin, Magnezone & Dusknoir.
    Dialga & Palkia are the most ugly legendaries in the series
    Shaymin, Maybe I would've liked it if they introduced this as a normal pokemon, not a legendary
    Magneton & dusknoir because their pre evos look a lot cooler

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Over 80 % are going to say that their least favorite is Bidoof.

Mine is too.

My favorite? Oh.. ehm, Staraptor or Honchkrow.

I really doubt that. Bidoof is neither a Pokemon I hate nor like. Bibarel, however, is my favourite 4th generation Pokemon. It's extremely overlooked and its Curse set works ridiculously well.

My least favourite is Mothim because it's absolutely useless.

ThwackX

I dont exist.
    Years
    My favorite sinnoh pokemon are Weavile, Lucario, Torterra, Empoleon, Gallade, Yanmega, Togekiss, Gliscor, Porygon-Z, Staraptor, Bidoof ( its so pathetic looking and useless in battle i find it cute XD, Although i hate Bibarel), Munchlax and Drapion.

My favorite of all sinnoh pkmn is Weavile. It just looks awesome and its High Attack and Speed serves very well on my team.

My least favorites... basically the new evolutions. Electivire, Magmortar, Tangrowth, Probopass, Lickilicky and Magnezone. Rhyperior is just... urrrgh. Some new evos i liked ( mentioned above ). I really dont like Infernape, i just dont. Spiritomb is freaking stupid, as is Rotom.

My least favorite of all Sinnoh pkmn, Rhyperior, i cant stand the design and gamefreak ruined the Rhydon Family. coz Rhydon is one of my all time favs. I hate you gamefreak.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Undoubtedly, my favorite Gen IV Pokémon is Lucario. Maybe I'm just following a cliché, but since my Lucario has excellent IVs, great stats, a pretty good moveset that hits hard from both ends of the attacking spectrum, and a really cool design, I can't deny it.
    For a legendary... probably Arceus. Although I don't use it competitively, the TRU Arceuses that I have pwn in in-game battles. :D

Least favorite? That's tough. Probably Skunktank or Purugly. Neither of them truly appeal to me. Least favorite of all time? Both Geodude and Zubat. You can't like them, they're so goddamn common.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
    Years
    Why hate Bidoof. It may be weak but is strong! My fav. Pokemon in IV is Gliscor. So cool. So sick. Great moves and defense! But really...Probopass and Purugly (Pure Ugly) are just ridiculous. Their looks are so bad I practicly want to throw my DS (or DSi) at the floor.

Years
    Heatran! That molten thing from Stark Mountain is awesome! Fire/Steel rocks!

Least favorite.......Skuntank. I hate it when it comes out, sounds like is has diarrhea or something.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    hmm my most favorite would have to be staraptor. That thing is a beast. My least favorite is pachirisu. Damn static......

Lokiman42

Water Type > Dragon Type
    Years
    My favorite is obviously Milotic. But if I had to choose one of the newer ones, I'd say either Glaceon or Froslass.

DEZTROYA

Master of Epic
    Years
    my favortie GARCHOMP this thing is a Beast!

My least favorite is Kricketune the mustache was way too much for it its just ugly on him and it has a pot belly bug pokemon were cool until he came around

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
    Yanmega without the least amount of doubt. Yanma totally needd that evolution, and it's pretty sweet with speed boost and high sp attack

Least fave is Garchomp. Pointless "remake" of Flygon. It's an overpowered land-shark that every single person on Wi-fi uses. No joke, EVERY SINGLE PERSON.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Well, my total favourite pokemon is dragonite.
    But asthis thread says specificaly gen IV,

Well, hmmm...
    Okay here they are
    Kanto Gen I - Favourite: Dragonite/Pigeot Least Favourite: Magikarp
    Johto Gen II - Favourite: Snorlax/Crobat Least Favourite: Zubat/Geodude
    Heonn Gen III - Favourite: Exploud/Altaria/Flygon Least favourite: Spinda/Zigzagoon
    Sinnoh Gen IV - Favourite: Garchomp Least Favourite: Bidoof/Bibarel

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2010
    Least Favorite: Purugly. What an insult to the potentially amazing Glameow it is. Also, the whole Burmy-Wormadam-Mothim family is just completely forgettable. Burmy and Wormadam can change coats, but even then they're pretty useless. I also find it hard to like Vespiquen, but I don't totally hate her.

Favorite: Cherrim. The moment I set eyes on him he was my favorite. I just love his concept and that stupid look on his face. Unfortunately, he's not that strong, but he can definitely be very useful in battle. Just keeping him alive sucks :(. I also love Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp (Just 'cause he's so strong. He's fun to use.), Toxicroak (It was the first Pokemon I trained, so he's special.), Weavile (Mine is named "Peaches"), Togekiss (I always feel happy when she comes up as a choice in the Battle Factory), Porygon-Z (He's a cool kind of creepy. Like a Porygon that's been corrupted by evil. haha), Gallade (I love the concept of a fighting Gardevoir. It's awesome.), Froslass (I'm glad Snorunt can evolve into something cute now.), Cresselia (I love how she's the embodiment of moonlight or whatever. I've always loved Sailormoon, so I always imagine that Cresselia's attacks are the Sailor Senshi's attacks. haha), and Arceus (He's brilliant for the gym leader re-matches. Switch his type and he beats them all hahaha).

Back