• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokémon spin-off?

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
Years
  • Basically, what is your favorite Pokémon game that isn't an official version? I have a few.

Pokémon Pinball - This game I can play over and over, even though I never seem to make any progress, hahah. Very addictive, and the greatest Game Boy pinball game next to Kirby's Pinball.

Pokémon Puzzle League - An updated version of an already great game, Tetris Attack, filled with characters from the Pokémon animé. There is absolutely nothing not to love about that. Only bad part is the voices can get sorta annoying sometimes, but that was very common with games of this era. Best puzzle game ever, hands down.

Hey You, Pikachu! - Highly underrated game, I could spend hours upon hours playing this. People always complained the mic didn't work and crap, but I think that was just an automatic bias people assumed. It worked great for me, didn't have to repeat myself most of the time, and when I did it was only about once. I think it should come to the Virtual Console and use the WiiSpeak accessory.

So what about you?

Maesic

It almost sounds like music..
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    Pokemon spin-off games are amazing. I like all the ones you mentioned there, but I also like Pokemon Snap. xD It was awesome getting frustrated, trying to get a good shot. That darn shellder! D: And mew was a pain too! But, yeah, it was fun stuff.

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
  • Pokémon Snap is beast, I still play that all the time. Just doesn't measure up to the other two N64 games in my humble opinion, but there wasn't any N64 Pokémon game anything less of great. Those Blockbuster stickers were awesome!

C.N.C

Tile Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2013
    pokemon snap, because it was a good game on the N64 and i play it now on my wii

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I loved Pokemon Snap. That game was great. I remember throwing an apple at Pikachu and taking a picture right after it hit him so my picture ended up being a beat-up Pikachu.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap were awesome. I've been playing Stadium some more recently. I wish I could play Snap, but I don't know if my friend still has it for me to borrow or not. ;-;

I liked the Pokemon Trading Card Game they put out for the Gameboy, but I haven't played it much since I finished getting all the cards. I never could get the hang of Pinball, but it was a lot of fun too.

Other than that, more recently I found I liked Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, even though I didn't really like the original.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Hmm... I generally don't stray from the main series of games, unless there's something in it for the main games, (such as a prize Pokemon you can transfer from it to Diamond/Pearl or etc.) but one I did gravitate to was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Especially the dark story portrayed in the second one. (though it was disappointing not being able to have Eevee as your character)

Snap was a fun game, but as time went on and I got older, I couldn't play it for more than... a few minutes? Before I ended up getting bored of it. D=

Hmm... Shadows of Almia was decent, but I didn't like the annoying game play... I guess drawing circles around Pokemon isn't my thing, lol XD

You'd think having a thing for puzzle games, I'd have played Pokemon Link, but I actually haven't. I'll have to get myself a copy of it...

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I absolutely loved Pokemon Colosseum. The darker, more serious atmosphere was really attractive and I thought the protagonist was much cooler. Wes was a breath of fresh air from the 10 year olds I play as in every other Pokemon game.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Pokémon Snap! I just loved that game so much! It's just so fun, and it has most of the original 151 Pokémon. It's a great game. And it's my most favourite game of all time :P

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • The original Pokémon Pinball with the rumble-pack built in. I still get my GBC out and play on it every once in a while for a laugh - I fail miserably at it, but there we go.

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
  • The original Pokémon Pinball with the rumble-pack built in. I still get my GBC out and play on it every once in a while for a laugh - I fail miserably at it, but there we go.

I also have that! Haven't played it in years though! I have a Pikachu GBC!!! :classic:

My favourite spin-off is the first Pokemon Ranger game, I was amazing at it! Haven't played the second one though.

Last edited:

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 1 and 2 were both amazing! I loved these games so much, I almost cried during both, the plots were brilliant, especially in the second one! I loved the whole personality test thing.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I actually found the GB(C?) Pokemon Trading Card game to be really fun. I actually played it a little bit last year, it's still pretty fun.

I also enjoyed Pokemon Snap... I can't remember if it was the first Pokemon game I ever played or not... but I do know I was interested in it before I even got Red.

Back