• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats your favorite pokemon gender?

Whats your favorite pokemon gender?

• Male

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Female

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
  • Why don't you have a both option, and a genderless option? When you post a poll, you should include all the general answers that a person might have.

Anyways, I picked male because Tauros is one of my favorite Pokemon, however if it could be female I could assure you I'd probably end up with a couple females as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    for battle it doesnt matter

but for breeding males because i breed for egg moved pokemon

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • You're missing the option of "I Don't Give A S#$%."

Male is better for breeding, because it requires more work. Egg moves, nature passing through Everstone; it's difficult to set it up, whereas, with females, you just need the Pokemon to be female. :S

However, in terms of using it in battle, I don't really care. Over half my battling team is female; it's not something that disturbs me.

"OOH IT HAS THE WRONG APPENDAGES, THEREFORE I CAN'T USE IT."
    or
    "IT'S A FEMALE, I'M A MALE, USING IT MAKES ME LOOK GAY, THEREFORE, NO, MALE ONRY BECAUSE I AM BIG MAN. >:|"

Arguments like those piss me right off. Who cares? :S

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I...really don't care. owo There are only certain Pokemon that I'm picky with genders about (*cough*Gardevoir*cough*Lopunny*cough*), but all in all I could have a team of all males or all females and it's the same thing. I usually have 3 males and 3 females on my team without even realizing it.
    It kind of irks me when people (particularly guys) get all picky about having even one female that isn't Blissey on their team. :/

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    i personally preffer to have a balance of male and female
    i think its because if i have a male or female only team
    i consider myself sexist

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I don't care for genders that much in the game, but I get mostly males, but if there is a pokemon that looks like a girl then I make sure it gets to be a female. lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Why don't you have a both option, and a genderless option? When you post a poll, you should include all the general answers that a person might have.
    Polls without a both option stop the indecisive from being indecisive.
    The "what's your favourite manga" polls are a good example of swerving from the question. People will list up to twenty manga in answer to a question asking for one favourite...

Last edited:

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
  • I like male better because when its male, its critical hit ratio is increased and that has saved me alot of times with Swampert. I don't remember what female does but their good for breeding so w/e

Frost~

Yay! Ice Cream!
    Years
  • I like male better because when its male, its critical hit ratio is increased and that has saved me alot of times with Swampert. I don't remember what female does but their good for breeding so w/e

I've never heard of males having a higher Crit Ratio.. Is it true? And I don't think gender matters one bit.. Except on some Pokemon.. Like Mr. Mime and such.. >.>

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
  • It doesn't really matter to me much, whatever the gender it is, I'll stick to it, usually.

There are only certain Pokemon I get picky with, Gardevoir, Lopunny, etc.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Genders don't really matter to me either.
    The only importance of them are for Breeding.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I like male better because when its male, its critical hit ratio is increased and that has saved me alot of times with Swampert.
    Wait, what? I've never heard of gender contributing to anything of the sort.
    Where'd you get that one from?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • As far as I know, gender does matter in no way at all except in 4 cases:

1) You want to breed an egg move unto a pokemon.

2) You want a gender-specific evolution. (Or you shudder upon the fact that Lopunny can be male ._. )

3) You want the abilities Rivalry and Cute Charm to effect as well as possible.

4) You do enjoy the effect of moves based on gender, such as Captivate and Attract.

Critical hits are determined by the move, held items, and the ability Super Luck. (So a Honchkrow with Super Luck, Night Slash, and a Razor Fang would actually have a 50% chance to crit :bandit:)
    As far as I am concerned, being male would not help with hitting a weak spot.

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • That's actually a better question than considered..I mean male is definitely more useful in Pokemon considering if both genders could pass down moves, it'd make breeding way too easy. Males make up the majority of my better EV trained guys where as I pick a few particular females to include for nicknames/team balance. Plus it's nice to have the 4-2 gender ratio on a team. ^_^

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I don't breed, so I don't really care much about gender. I hve mixed-gender teams most of the time, but when I have a Pokemon with Cute Charm (like Clefable) I always tend to catch a female over a male.

Back