• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokemon movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
  • I think my favorite is the third movie "Spell of the Unown" and "Mewtwo Vs. Mew". I've watched the third movie like a billion times, and I know almost all the lines in Danish. And as for the first movie, that was just my entire childhood. I remember being so excited when I heard the first movie was announced, and after watching the trailer, I thought Mewtwo was an adult woman.

When that's said I have to admit that the 12th movie "Arceus and the Jewel of Life" has a really good story. And when my friends tells me they want to watch a Pokémon movie, I usually recommend that one, since I think that's the best one story wise.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it would surely have to be Rise of Darkrai. In general, Pokémon movies are filled with emotion, but this one, for me, seems to top it all, which I hugely admire. You start off with Darkrai seeming like an evil villain, but in actuality, it's not. It's misunderstood. It might not always be the one to rescue you when you're in trouble (but it still does, I assure), but it never ceases to do what's right, and definitely knows what's wrong. Dialga and Palkia eventually get themselves into some major feud throughout the movie, and while they're only battling against each other, they're exactly not aware of what going on in their surrounding--which is simply causing destruction--but Darkrai goes out of its way to sacrifice itself into stopping them. This takes a lot of courage and dedication. At one point, this movie even had me crying, to be honest.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I was entertained by the 3rd one involving Entei and Jirachi Wish Maker. Other than that, it's been way too long for me to judge any of the other movies given that I haven't seen any of them since I was in my early teens lol.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Easily Pokémon 2000 is my favorite, but I have a soft spot for Spell of the Unown and Heroes, too. Least favorite is probably Pokémon 4ever. I haven't really seen any of the new ones besides the Jirachi movie, and I think I saw the Zorua movie which was decent, but they're getting a little too monotonous for me. Maybe I'll try watching some of the newer ones, though.

Years
  • Original all they way I remember going to theatres to watch it, amazing ( I used to think pokemon was real ). Weird thing is I just also found out that they cut the prologue to the original so a lot of people missed the beginning of mewtwos story.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    The first one was amazing... for the original version. The dub totally blew every good feeling I had for the movie away, leaving me wondering why I never felt the same emotional moment that I felt when I first watched the movie (which was in Japanese). Anyway, dub-hate aside, the creators really threw out everything for the first movie. You could see the high quality production there.

Other than that, the only other movies I enjoyed were movie 6 and, to some extent, movie 2 and 3. The others sucked.

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
  • I remember when I saw 2000 when I was little. I thought it was the greatest thing I had ever seen. Went back and watched it a couple years ago and regretted it. Woulda been best to keep the fond childhood memories as they were.

I guess that would have to be my favorite, though. I believe I've only seen the first three and the last half of one in the double-digits (I was like, "what!? They still make these!?"), so my opinion's a bit skewed. It's probably not helped by the fact that I haven't seen the others since I was in elementary school.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I think Movie 08 was the most unique of all movies-

--Since it wasn't focusing a legendary Pokemon. Instate it was focusing on Lucario.

--There wasn't any Antagonist

--Ash actually shown to have a Special Power/ability of his own ! Which now writer trying to demolish in order to avoid giving Ash a Lucario.

Question : When you watching the movie , Did you wanted that Lucario to be Ash's Pokemon if it wasn't Legendary !
    I wonder if Pokemon world has ''Reincarnation'' ! May be , Sir Aaron's Lucario might get reborn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back