• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite song/album?

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
Years
    1. Life is Beautiful (Acoustic) - Sixx A.M.
    2. mOBSCENE - Marylin Manson
    3. Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
    4. Heaven's Not Enough - Yoko Kanno ft. Steve Conte
    5. Hurt - Johnny Cash
    Note that the list would look different if I used instrumental music.

Last edited:

auraginx

Canadian Bacon
    Years
  • i have a lot of favorite albums, i could probably narrow it down but i'll just say the first one that came to mind:

Watch Out! by Alexisonfire

choosing songs would be far too difficult, as i listen to a majority of my 10k song library on iTunes...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Favourite song: Led Zeppelin - 'When the Levee Breaks'
    It's the music theory nerd in me coming out with this, but it's probably the greatest 'theme and variations' song ever. Seven minutes long, almost operatic in scope, it keeps repeating and building and adding something new to it each time. Every time I listen to it, I find something new to enjoy about it, whether it's the harsh yet silky vocals of Robert Plant, or what Jimmy Page can do with a guitar. One of the pinnacles of rock music. It's a shame it was overshadowed by 'Stairway to Heaven', being as they were released on the same album.

Favourite album: Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    The only album I can think of, off the top of my head, that I genuinely love all the songs in. The best break-up album ever - due to the real life turmoil the band was going under at the time - Rumours is positively swimming in vitriol and heartbreak, yet manages to retain a sweetness at its core to counteract all the sadness and loneliness on the surface. Plus, it's so inherently listenable that you just can't not love it!

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
  • that's very loaded question, because I don't think I ever answer it the same twice...
    My Top 3 Favortie Albums (ATM)
    1.The Strokes:Angles
    Although many people will disagree with me, I think this album is amazing in every aspect. Taking my favorite core things that I loved about The Strokes, while allowing all their personal musical journeys from their hiatus to come flooding in, making something that,while a far cry to fan favourite "Is This It?", Is something truly new and wonderful. Life is Simple in the Moonlight is a Masterpeice

2.Muse-Absolution
    I love all of Muse's albums rather equally, but Absolution was the perfect blend of what I belive are two very distinct play styles that Muse has developed. (Although many would argue that Black Holes and Revelations does it better). "Showbiz" and "Origin of Symetry" are both great albums, but seem to just be lacking a bit in that grand feel that Muse does so well. While on the other hand "The Reistence" plays too much into theatrics and it just brought change to the band that I think made it feel more generic then allowed it to stand farther away from bands that fanboys complain they are similar too.
    3.Pink Floyd: Atom Heart Mother
    This album to me is just pure, crazy, Pink Floyd. The Title track, although 26 or so minutes long, is just so....well....strange...epic...It's hard to put it into words without listing to it.

Top 3 Fav Songs (ATM)
    1.Standing Next to Me-Last Shadow Puppets
    2.The Grey Ship-EMA
    3.Life is Simple in the Moonlight-The Strokes
    (running out of time so I didn't give reasons for the songs...for now at least, I tend to ramble ^_^)

The Trotsky

Wake and Bake
    Years
  • Right now, favorite song has to be No Sleep by Wiz Khalifa, but that changes based on my mood haha.

Album, I'd probably go with Attention Deficit by Wale.

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
  • IDK, part of me wants to say Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is my favourite album.

Favourite song atm? Something by Bowie.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • One song I can listen to over and over is Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace, so I guess that's my favorite song.

My favorite album would have to be the Recovery album by Eminem. There is not one bad song on that album; they're all amazing.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Currently my favorite albums are Meet the Orphans (Don Omar) and Los Vaqueros: El Regreso. And one of my many favorite songs is Amanece (Jowell & Randy ft. Yandel and Gladiel)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Favourite albums (in no particular order) include Arcade Fire's Funeral; Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea; Islands' Return to the Sea; Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion and the Olivia Tremor Control's Black Foliage Volume 1. All of these completely changed my perception of what music was and I love them for that.

Favourite songs would be (again, no particular order) Arcade Fire's Wake Up; Lee Moses' Bad Girl pt. 1 and 2; The Smiths' There Is A Light That Never Goes Out; Neutral Milk Hotel's Holland 1945 and The Beatles' She Loves You.

If you haven't heard something out of what I listed, you should listen to it. Now.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I'd have to say my favourite song is Turning Tables, Bohemian Rhapsody, Landslide or Don't Stop Believing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    favorite albums (and songs from them) would be:
    Between tHe Buried And Me: The Great Misdirect. Fav song is Fossil Generea.

The Dillinger Escape Plan: Miss Machine. Fav song: Highway Robbery, or Phone Home.

MuDvAyNe: LD 50/ New Game. Fav Song: Severed, Under My Skin, New Game. Their bassist is so inspirational for me :)

Chiodos: Illuminaudio. Fav song: All of them. This album blew their previous efforts into pieces. THey dont need the old vocalist, he held them back.

I have more, but these are ones I tend to listen to 100% daily.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • Well. At the moment, I'm completely in love with the song, The Dreamer, by The Tallest Man On Earth, but I don't really have an all-time favorite. My favorite album, though, is probably The Wall by Pink Floyd. It's such a damn great story, and I love Pink Floyd's music.

Years
  • I don't have a favourite album, because there's too much in the way of competition.

That said, it would be a decision between Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion; and all 3 of Alter Bridge's One Day Remains, Blackbird and AB III, each of which is equally good.

Pete Murray's Feeler is up there, as well.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • What's your favourite song and by who?

My favourite song is Still Got the Blues by Gary Moore. It was the first ever Gary Moore song I ever listened to and I count myself very lucky to have discovered Gary and his music while he was still alive.

What is you favourite album and by who?

That's a tough one because there are a few I really like. If I had to pick one single favourite album it would by After The War bu Gary Moore. It feature some really good songs with songs like Blood of Emeralds and Dunluce featuring a very Cektic feel and tone to the song.

Back