• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen whats your favorite starter in gold/silver

What's your favorite starter in Gold/Silver

• Totodile

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • Cindaquil

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • Chicorita

Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Cindaquill was my favoirte Pokemon Gold and Silver starter. He had both looks and power and on top of that it was adorable. A win win all around.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I love all the starters of the Johto region! But if I had to choose I would pick Cyndaquil.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • i am sure many have told you already that you spelled two pokemon wrong. Anyway, my favorite is cyndaquil among the three. He is too cute, and he evolves to a badass fire shrew/ volcano. I mean, look. Can't you see how cool Typhlosion is? :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2022
    Chikorita on Silver, then Totodile on Crystal. But my favorite has to be Chikorita, since I pick Grass types more often :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    For me, a tie between chikorita and cyndaquil... even though chikorita is so weak, it's so dang cute.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Cyndaquil with fire punch, thunder punch, earthquake, flamethrower

Ss4gogeta0

Game Designer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Totodile to me is like what Pikachu is to Ash...
    to the point where in the 3rd Gen i would always use a gameshark to get a Lv.5 Totodile and train it...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This is the hardest for me because I honestly love all three (although Unova's my favourite region, I don't actually want to use all three starters), for Johto I have a feeling I started with Chikorita, but yet Totodile and Cyndaquil are also very nostalgic too. So my answer is all three? ;x Probably leaning more towards Chikorita for its sprite back then, but the other two are great UGH IDK.

Fine I pick uhhhh... Chikorita because I closed my eyes and randomly picked it. XD

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I love Chikorita but I'm gonna go with Totodile, and not even because I like Feraligatr (I do) but because Totodile is just so cute and his voice and everything XD

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • I absolutely love all three, but cyndaquil wins it. Most of the time I choose fire starters, and cyndaquil just looks so cute to me and its evolved forms look pretty wicked too. Up second comes totodile who looks just so wacky and comical. Chikorita comes last, because out of those three, its design appeals to me the least.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Cyndaquil is really cool, and I choose him almost every time, but Chikorita's cute as well.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Typhlosion and Feraligatr are equally amazing, but I give the edge to Typhlosion due to its slightly more sweeperish stats.

Back