• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What's your favorite starter?

What's your favorite starter?

• Total voters

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
  • I would have to go with Cyndaquil. I seem to always choose the fire types for some reason, like Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic and Chimchar.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Definitely Cyndaquil. What I love about it is Typhlosion, who has been a valuable asset to me since I first used it.

Totodile is also pretty cool, but I get bored of using Feraligatr before the E4 for some reason. :/

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Cyndaquil. Not only is it a mono Fire-type Pokemon, it's final evolutino is Typhlosion; my right-hand Pokemon during Jhoto. :D

Years
  • My Favorite is Cyndaquil. Typhlosion is just an awesome pokemon.

I always pick the fire type because i love watching things burn. (Pyromaniac :badsmile:)

Chikorita is a pretty good Pokemon to, Totodile just didn't appeal to me

CYNDAQUIL FTW

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    dunno why but totodile .... the third gym seems easier with him os i pick him ... and he can be used for lances CHARIZARD

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    Cyndaquil is my favorite, then Totodile. I never liked Chikorita or it's evolutions.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like all three starters, but Totodile is my favorite cause of it's second (2nd) evolution Feraligatr cause it's awesome. It can learn awesome moves and it's design is like a ****in awesome design (lol... :D XD)

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    My favorite is Cyndaquil. I've always been attached to the Fire types. Cyndaquil was also my very first starter ever because Silver was my first Pokemon game. Good times!

I'm also fond of Chikorita and Bayleef, but I don't like Meganium's design, which is why I don't pick Chikorita that often. And I'm not fond of Totodile or its evolutions.

uitima ff fan

im very tired
    Years
  • I like all three starters, but Totodile is my favorite cause of it's second (2nd) evolution Feraligatr cause it's awesome. It can learn awesome moves and it's design is like a ****in awesome design (lol... :D XD)
    i agree his my favourite starter two he was and always will be mine favourite starter

Game Over

I'll hee Save the ho world!
    Years
  • Always loved my water types. So yeah, Totodile! And my Feraligatr could always kick my brothers Typhlosion but! Even though it was only 83 while his was 100!

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2010
    I want to choose squirtle! :( because i love blastoise! :)

:)but as this is the 2nd gen id choose Cyndaquil :) just because its the cutest :)

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Out of those three my choice is Chikorita. I used to love Cyndaquil, but it lost its luster after a while and Totodile never appealed to me much.

Back