• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite tabletop game?

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
  • Probably one of my favourite tabletop games is a game called Snake Oil. It's really only fun with friends, and the company that made the game went out of business, but it's really fun none the less!
    It's a bit like Cards Against Humanity in the sense than someone is a judge and you're trying to win the card, but instead of just answering a question, you're trying to advertise a product that you make to a profession (the card you're trying to win.)

Years
  • Probably one of my favourite tabletop games is a game called Snake Oil. It's really only fun with friends, and the company that made the game went out of business, but it's really fun none the less!
    It's a bit like Cards Against Humanity in the sense than someone is a judge and you're trying to win the card, but instead of just answering a question, you're trying to advertise a product that you make to a profession (the card you're trying to win.)

That actually sounds like so much fun xD

My favourite tabletop game is probably Chess. I really like boardgames and things in general but I get a great deal of enjoyment out of trying to out strategise and outwit an opponent.

Sir Codin

I play Dungeons & Dragons / Pathfinder most nowadays, so I'd say that.

There are plenty of other systems I want to get into more, though, like Call Of Cthulu, GURPS, and Dark Heresy, but....meh.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    used to play legend of the five rings back in the day, then i quit because i hated having to look around for "that one more uncommon/rare" a lot of the time

then in came this cute game called smash-up, which basically took some elements from l5r and put it into a "boxed" card game format (and they made the thing about basically "old internet memes teaming up and then fighting each other"), i still buy every expansion that comes out, but at least i only get to do that twice a year and there's no more of that rare hunting thing

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Monoply no doubt cause I win a lot xD and its just idk fun to watch people lose their fake money :p

A close second would be chess though because of how strategic it is and how many different styles and outcomes there are.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Definitely D&D, without a doubt. Whether it's being the Dungeon Master, or just a player, I enjoy the story making and character designing processes. I ask for feedback whenever I DM, and my players say that my story is definitely coming through the most, and constantly trying to balance my narrative with roleplaying opportunities, combat, and puzzle solving, sometimes on the spot, is something I really enjoy. Of course, playing a character and focusing on my own character development and playstyle is a lot of fun too. I'm currently playing a slightly insane archer hired as a bodyguard, and I may be having a bit too much fun with that, haha.

Other than D&D, I play a little bit of Magic the Gathering where I have a Niv Mizzet commander deck, and a +1/+1 counter deck for non-commander matches. I've played a wide variety of board games, and I've even made a couple of my own. One being a card game, but both are fully-operational and tested.

My card game actually got pretty popular at my school, and my friends and I would constantly play it after school, on band trips, or backstage during drama. When someone would try to insult it or make fun of the idea, I didn't even have to defend my game, everyone else would do it for me, haha.

Strohmian

Valor II
    Years
  • I'm a big fan of D&D, but my all-time favorite game would have to be Axis & Allies. It's a WWII strategy game in which you and up to four others can play as the major powers in the conflict, and try to defeat the opposing side. It takes FOREVER to set up, and even longer to play, but it's well worth it!

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    used to play legend of the five rings back in the day, then i quit because i hated having to look around for "that one more uncommon/rare" a lot of the time

then in came this cute game called smash-up, which basically took some elements from l5r and put it into a "boxed" card game format (and they made the thing about basically "old internet memes teaming up and then fighting each other"), i still buy every expansion that comes out, but at least i only get to do that twice a year and there's no more of that rare hunting thing

Actually, Fantasy Flight Games acquired the rights to L5R and is turning it into an LCG (basically like a TCG, but releases come in packs which give you a playset of all the cards in that release) . From what I was hearing, I think they're demoing it at this year's Gen Con.

ATM, my favorite board game is 7 Wonders. Plays like a draft-based field-building game. The amount of victory paths and uniqueness of each nation helps keep me interested.

Other notable mentions are Betrayal at House on the Hill, which is co-op build your own adventure with one of the players being the opponent in the end and Arkham Horror, a Cthulu Mythos co-op adventure game, if I can get the players to take part in it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Actually, Fantasy Flight Games acquired the rights to L5R and is turning it into an LCG (basically like a TCG, but releases come in packs which give you a playset of all the cards in that release) . From what I was hearing, I think they're demoing it at this year's Gen Con.

better find my bayushi mask then... ohohoho~~

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Aye, another Smash-Up fan! Unfortunately I am the same with expansions and have everything up to date so far...

yoooo!! high five!!

oh yeah, i played shadows over camelot with some friends before...
    nobody ever found out i was the traitor

Years
  • Dungeons and Dragons will always be king, but since it's hard to get a good group of players together I end up playing Dice Masters a lot. It's basically a tcg but with dice so it's lots of fun.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    I often play chess with my friends. Like this game. Recently I downloaded Chess Master 3D app at freepps on my phone so now I can play it at work. I think such kind of games are very useful and it's quite entertaining.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Mine's Hearthstone since I'm a Warcraft Lore fan and I really love using
    Priest and Mage as main Hero classes.

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • My favourite would have to be Mage Knight. I really like that it can be played with a small group or completely solo. The scenarios play differently almost every time and the level of difficulty is just perfect. It can be a little intimidating at first, but after you get the set up process down and the general idea of how to play it can be a really great way to kill a few hours. I highly recommend anybody who enjoys RPG games/fantasy games to check it out!

Back