• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite thing about the holidays?

Years
    I think my favorites are rather shallow. Mostly I'm in it for the holiday break and the fact that I can wear comfy sweaters without being regarded as a loon by my own parents (it's abnormal to wear sweaters and jackets and the like in warm weather apparently). And I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the gifts too.

Years
    I absolutely love wearing jackets/sweaters/warm clothing. I live in Arizona so I only have a couple months where I can comfortably wear warm clothes. Honestly, I don't like short-sleeved shirts and shorts that much.
    The atmosphere is nice, too. Everything is so...festive and happy. I really like it. :)

And yeah, presents are nice. :t225:

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    I like the holidays because it just feels nice to give people gifts and of course get gifts as well =p plus family time is always great

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My most favorite part of the holidays would have to be giving and receiving gifts. It's exciting to receive gifts, as you have no idea what could be under the wrapper. Giving gifts is fun, too--by seeing smiles on others' faces, it immediately brings joy to your heart. d: During the holidays, most of my family members get to stay home as well, which I also like.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    No school. I'd forgo presents for another week or two off that I get to spend with family, doing nothing.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I really love all the decorations that people put out of their homes, how the trees in downtown are all decorated, and how our most famous landmark (Space Needle) has lights on top, sort of resembling a Christmas tree (makes me smile every time I drive and get a chance a see it).

All those decorations just look very cool and amazing to drive by. I also like all the candy and hot chocolate drinks.... just hate the cold weather (I dislike having too much clothes on - I feel comfy in shorts, socks, and a thin shirt) - especially black ice.

Hercules

divine hero
    Years
    I'd have to say my fave part about holidays is the fact that my family and I can actually be together for a couple of weeks. My dad rarely goes home because of his work and I hate seeing my mom all alone whenever I get home from school. And then there's my sister, who's always there but never really wants to hang out with me because I'm a boy and "Boys are gross!"

Christmas always brings us together, and that's what I love most about it.

Years
    I love being able to decorate for the holidays, going around seeing all the fabulous Christmas lights, and definitely listening to holiday tunes are my favorite things about the holidays.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    No school, obviously. I also love the birthday and christmas gifts which, sadly, are usually merged together.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Honestly I don't really pay attention to it. It's literally like any other time of the year, except people put up lots of lights which help me see better at night when I'm driving. But they can be distracting too.

I'm kind of boring.

Years
    Time off of school, and then once I was done with school time off of work. The lights are pretty, too.

I'm kind of a humbug.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    I love the holidays because it means that I get to see my family. We get to sit around and spend time together. It's also usually when we have our big meals together. It's something I really enjoy.

Along with that, there's also the holiday spirit. People are always so merry and have such a great time around the holidays. It's lovely.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    You can slip alcohol into anything, and nobody will give a damn. I guess its that time of the season for it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    There's a feeling that fills the air as the holidays approach. That's my favorite thing about this time of the year.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    No school is by far my favorite thing about the holiday season. I can simply sit by the fire place all day, and relax not having to worry about school work (until the day right before winter break ends). Next, I enjoy giving and receiving presents. Not going to lie though, the receiving part is my most favorite of the two.

Back