• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's your favourite gym leader?

Omega94

Experienced Swimmer
Years
  • Leader Pryce from Mahogany Town because I tend to like the gym leaders who are on the elderly side; filled with knowledge and tons of experience. I have a lot of respect for Pryce, and he is also a great person to battle.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Blaine! :laugh: I love his gym's layout, and I like the trainers in his gym as well. Fire and Lightning are my favorite types.
    Also, his sprite makes me laugh

Last edited:

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
    Years
  • Morty. He locked me in indefinite battle 3 times with my Eevee before I beat him. Had to soft reset just to get out of there. That would have gone on forever. What happens when you run out of PP on all moves anyway?

Zenith98s

I'm new, but not so...
    Years
  • Jasmine, 'cause she has steel types. I do not say that I like steel types. Just 'cause Steelix is a kewl Poké! also Magnemites!

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Morty. He locked me in indefinite battle 3 times with my Eevee before I beat him. Had to soft reset just to get out of there. That would have gone on forever. What happens when you run out of PP on all moves anyway?

When you run out of PP, your Pokemon starts using an attack called "Struggle." It hurts your Pokemon a little each time

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Well Jasmine is preferred by many of you. The reasons are obvious: Her Pokemon of choice have great movesets (Minus Steelix's Sunny Day, which is rather impractical) and high Defenses. On top of the great Defenses are a high Special Attack as well. She is also considered by many to be attractive.

I lean more to Blue. Yes he's a total Jerkwad who is rude, but take into consideration his wide variety of Pokemon and their absolutely indisputably good movesets. He plans most of the battle well and he proves to be a real challenge for rven the strongest Trainers. I had all 3 starters, a Togetic, Ampharos, and Haunter, but I still could not beat him in the Gen II games.

Both of those Gym leaders are my favorite, because oif their intelligent moves throughout the battle. Now if I had to go with personality I would go with Pryce. He has an intimidating yet soft look about him. He makes you think he is wise. You can never tell what is quite going through his mind at the moment. Now his Pokemon were average. Unless you didn't have the right types he wasn't all that hard.

I find the choices they make for Gym Leaders always interesting. Here's hoping for some more great ones in Gen V!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Clair and Jasmine. They look cool and they're so tough! (No offense to Jasmine, but with my Typhlosion, she'd never win!) I still haven't gotten to Clair yet, but she seems so strong!!!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • ChrisTom said:
    (Minus Steelix's Sunny Day, which is rather impractical)
    Steelix has sandstorm nowadays, though. It had Sunny day is the GSC versions; however, this thread concerns HGSS, so that's a bit off.

My favorite is Bugsy. Man, Scyther is just too cool for school. (his Gym design ain't half bad, either :D)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I like:
    Falkner, Morty, Jasmine, Pryce, and Clair from HGSS / GSC.
    Overall:
    Brawly, Flannery, Norman, Winona, Wallace, Jaun, Fantina, Byron, Candice, and the five listed above.

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    Johto- Morty he is just so cool with his whole Fortune Teller vibe and his ghost types own.
    Kanto-Blue just because he is awesome and he is the most challenging of the gym leaders in Kanto.
    Elite Four member-Koga because of the whole ninja thing and i love his strategies and posion types.

Back