• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite (independent/non-major) record label?

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    No majors: that means no Sony BMG, no Universal, no EMI, no Warner.

My favourite in Australia is Below Par Records, which has the Aussie bands Kisschasy, Something With Numbers, In The Grey and Last Years Hero as well as distributing/releasing internationals Vaux, The Colour, Yellowcard and Brand New. This is followed by Rapido, whose main bands now are One Dollar Short and After The Fall.

Overseas, I like Victory, which has bands like Hawthorne Heights and Silverstein, and had TBS until they signed with Warner o_O. Epitaph and Fat Wreck Chords are also good - the classic punk labels, owned by Brett Gurewitz and Fat Mike.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2006
    A friend of mine runs Paradiso Records in San Fran, he has some good up and coming Hip Hop artists in the making

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Lookout!, Decaydence, Fueld By Ramen, Victory, Clandestine (its either clandestine or decaydence, but either way they vent out great unique bands)

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Elephant 6 Collaborative (Apples In Stereo, Neutral Milk Hotel, Olivia Tremor Control) Indie/Folk-ish
    Matador (Interpol, Mogwai, Pavement) Indie/Alt
    Metropolis (KMFDM, VNV Nation) Industrial/Futurepop

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    jasonresno said:
    Lookout!, Decaydence, Fueld By Ramen, Victory, Clandestine (its either clandestine or decaydence, but either way they vent out great unique bands)
    Oh! XD I forgot Fueld By Ramen (/me has Panic! At The Disco CD...they are in that label.)

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Tomasu-san said:
    Does Lookout! Records count? They were the first to sign Green Day, so I love them. XD
    Amen. I concur, xD

Kung Fu Records, I'd have to say. Some amazing bands on it. And the label Man Alive is on (JA, I may need some help with this. o_o I think it's called The Militia Group) and the label Anti-Flag runs.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Does Lava Records count, if so they are one of my favorites cause they have some great band signed with them like Nonpoint and Unwritten Law....

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    Yush, Fueled by Ramen... and Vagrant records! Nobody mentioned them D: They have Alkaline Trio!! My favourite, though, is Epitaph. Just 'cause they have From First to Last <3.

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    DecayDance, FueledByRamen, Tooth & Nail, Gotee, and Victory. But there are also many more. Gotta love Panic! At the Disco, those guy have got style.

Years
    I have no real favorite record label, really. It's all about the music and less on favoritism. But otherwise, I prefer V2 records. =D

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    1 Life 1 Love Records, a rap label based out of Jackson, Mississippi. The Queen Boys and Boo "The Boss Playa" Rossini are some of my favorites.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    When I say "favourite", I pretty much mean labels I trust. With the labels I've mentioned I can buy a CD by any band on the label without hearing them, and be pretty sure that I'll like them, because their A&R people seem to be into the same kind of thing I like.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Ahem

Linkin Park
    Fallout Boy
    Dance Dance Revolution
    Pokemon

If you ment studios, I really don't know...

Guest123_x1

No majors: that means no Sony BMG, no Universal, no EMI, no Warner.
    Do the label/companies have to still be in existence? I know some that I like that no longer exist.

Back