• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's your favourite Kalos Pokémon?

Stealth_MadAboutPokemon

The Ground Type trainer
Years
  • Hello all!

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread like this already, but whatever. I thought it would be cool to discuss and talk about your favourite Gen 6 (X/Y) Pokémon in this thread.

My favourite is Clawitzer, because I'm a sucker for huge cannons. And he isn't very bad at all!

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
  • Well I've grown rather attached to Delphox and Sylveon myself. Though I have yet to try them out as a combination team against real people.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I like Xerneas for being the first legend that really impressed me. The others have been strong, no doubt, but Xerneas looks gorgeous when performing Geomancy.

For regular pokes, I think Heliolisk is my favorite. It has great abilities and a rather deep move-pool to choose from. A lot of the new Pokemon get honorable mentions, but they are rather pigeon-holed into having a specific set that you'd want to use on them. Heliolisk can be a little unpredictable compared to them :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Sylveon, hands down, is nmy favorite Kalos region pokemon. Just look at how cute it is, and I'm not even a fan of pink and frilly and ribbons!

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Ooh, my favorite is Xerneas. But that's a legendary.
    Really though I'd have to say one of my top favorites is Tyrunt! And it only gets better with Tyrantrum

Years
  • I chose Chespin as my starter. So cute, but terrible moves :(

If it could only learn Counter as an egg move!

Yeah he doesn't leave you with many options, but he's so cool and cute it's hard to say anything bad about him lol. He at least has enough moves to fill out his slots. Like you could go with a combination of seed bomb, wood hammer, dig, rollout, bite, poison jab, stone edge, and body slam. That is assuming you don't evolve him of course. I dunno, his moves may suck for the most part, but I still love him!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Yeah he doesn't leave you with many options, but he's so cool and cute it's hard to say anything bad about him lol. He at least has enough moves to fill out his slots. Like you could go with a combination of seed bomb, wood hammer, dig, rollout, bite, poison jab, stone edge, and body slam. That is assuming you don't evolve him of course. I dunno, his moves may suck for the most part, but I still love him!
    Might be some real fun in Tiny Cup (not sure how to even play a game of that).

I mainly was looking to see if it learns Counter as I wanted to Focus Band/Sash and ruin a Gale Wings Talonflame's day haha :)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Hawlucha - he was one of the only Pokemon I saw for the first time in-game. (not spoiled)

He was weird and different. I HAD to catch it. Fight/Flying!! I've been wanting that for years! He didn't make it on my regular team because of Chesnaught's typing.

Hawlucha!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2015
    I'm a pretty big fan of most of the Gen VI Pokemon. Noivern, Dragalge, Tyrantrum, and Greninja are high up on my list. However, I would have to say my absolute favorite Gen VI Pokemon is Goodra. It's a special defensive tank and it's design is amazing, IMO.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    My favorite is Goodra. Reminds me of Dragonite plus he has an awesome move pool!!!!

Years
  • Am I the only one who doesn't like Froakie? I just find it ugly. The other two starters are none too appealing, either.

My favorites are Bergmite and Phantump. Overall I'm not wild about the Gen VI Pokemon. I liked V's better.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My two absolute #1 favorite Pokemon in Kalos (yes, for me they are tied in 1st place) are Espurr & Meowstic. As soon as I saw their images in CoroCoro scans I instantly fell in love with them. They where also the first Psychic Pokemon I used.

Along the way I learned to love Fennekin's evos and Sylveon - but still won't be as cute and loving for me as the two Kalos Felines.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Aegislash got a hit on me after a while. I didn't like him at first, but then I bred enough and got a adamant one and raised it that I ended up liking it :) although Yveltal is my legendary favorite as well.

Years
  • The Froakie evolution line is a no-brainer here. I love how it becomes a badass but very cool ninja frog that learns quite an awesome amount of attacks. Plus, hard to believe I used to hate Froakie at first (just like Oshawott in 5th Gen) but it eventually ended up as my fave of its region's starters. Seriously, I love how powerful my Greninja is right now.

Meowstic is another notable mention, because I love its different genders having more than just appearance changes. Having different level-up moves based on gender is something definitely fun and adds a bit of a twist. Currently using a female one right now and man she's a powerhouse.

And of course, pretty much all the Fairy-types, but especially Sylveon because it finally marked the first time I used an Eeveelution on my main team. Mine's pretty powerful and able to hold himself in battle as well.

LicensedJet

Playing Pokémon Y ~
    Years
  • Since the starters were released along with Xerneas and Yveltal I've always been team Chespin and after seeing them all, his final evolution Chesnaught, for me, is my favourite X/Y Pokémon with Chespin coming a close second!

Back