• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite main series Pokémon game?

What's your favourite main series Pokémon game?

• Pokémon Red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokémon Blue/Green

• Pokémon Yellow

• Pokémon Gold

• Pokémon Silver

• Pokémon Crystal

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Pokémon Ruby

• Pokémon Sapphire

• Pokémon FireRed

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Pokémon LeafGreen

• Pokémon Emerald

• Pokémon Diamond

• Pokémon Pearl

• Pokémon Platinum

• Pokémon HeartGold

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Pokémon SoulSilver

• Pokémon Black

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Pokémon White

• Pokémon Black 2

• Pokémon White 2

• Total voters

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2013
    What's you favourite main series Pokémon game. Vote and write why.

Since Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 have been released in Japan I included it for the Japanese gamers and those who imported it.
    The US and European Pokémon Blue and the Japanese Pokémon Green is the same game. The only difference is the language and the start screen. That's why I put it as the same option.

My favourite game is Pokémon FireRed. I like the Kanto region, the Pokémon available in the game and the storyline. It was also the game I had most fun playing.
    SoulSilver comes second. Great graphics, 2 regions, Lugia (my favourite Pokémon), (epic start screen), good storyline and good ingame Pokémon.

Last edited:

Dinosaurs Eat at White Castle

I like superheroes.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2012
    Emerald. Actually picked it up before I played Sapphire, so it was my first run through the Hoenn region. I was amazed at the shift to GBA and just remembered a lot of good times. Idk it's hard to explain. x)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Emerald! I love RSE and it was one of my first games. (Ah, nostalgia). I want to say Black/White, but I haven't played any of the new games (B2W2) and I'm pretty sure I'll like those better, so I'll just go with Emerald.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Black and White because of their story lines, the music and the Pokemon available there, as well as Platinum for the same reasons. For nostalgia reasons, I like Emerald.

Guest123_x1

I wonder if this should be merged with the "first main series game" thread...

Anyway, my favorite of the main series has got to be Blue. You could get Meowth and Magmar in that version, and once I read a cheats section off of a gaming magazine, discovering the "item cloning/MissingNo." glitch, I put said glitch to extensive use.

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2013
    I wonder if this should be merged with the "first main series game" thread...

I can't make two polls for one thread. Besides, this way the threads are kept much neater, so if you're just interested in one of the topics you can choose which thread to read and don't have to read a long combined thread.

Years
  • Favorite would have to be Emerald (Although I didn't get Emerald 2009, I had Sapphire when it came out, but it would be Emerald by default due to the added features.)

Hoenn games are just so different, I loved it. The graphics were beautiful, so many different biomes, I felt like I was actually exploring.

Years
  • Yellow, my first and favorite. The main reason was because of the availability of the starters. You didn't need to trade or use multiple systems, you could just "get 'em all" in-game.

Years
  • Emerald would definitely be my number one choice. It's the first Pokemon game where I was actually entertained after the main storyline ended thanks to the Battle Frontier, and Hoenn has always been one of, if not, my favorite regions from the main series games.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    This is really hard, because over time, I've grown particurarly fond of Yellow, Crystal, HeartGold/SoulSilver, and Black/White. All the other games are inferior to those, but choosing between those few are especially hard. I just can't fight the nostalgia I feel when I play Yellow and Crystal and make an objective decision...

Back