• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    So the old thread had just about seen the last of its days, it's on to a new start :>

The simple, yet major question which everybody is dying to answer. What is your favourite Pokémon out there, and why? :3

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Darkrai OWNS!!
    It's quick, powerful and has Dark Void!
    It's the coolest pokemon EVER!!

devilicious

dream
    Years
    My favourite Pokémon is Masquerain.

It has such a beautiful and creative concept- something most Pokémon of its generation lacked. Masquerain is often overlooked, but take a better look at it and you'll see the geniality of an intimidating moth.

Runner ups are Kirlia, Drifloon and Clefable.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Oh, that would have to be Ho-oh, hands down.
    I simply love the background that Gamefreak and Nintendo bestowed upon this legendary creature and I haven't found another Pokémon after that I have become so darn attached to. Plus, it's a Fire-type, so it should be pretty darn obvious that it would be high up there in the Pocket Monsters I'm interested in.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not actually care for Heatran. xD

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Just about everyone who I've battled knows about this. But my favorite Pokemon would have to be Sharpedo. I really think that GameFreak did a good job designing it. It's looks really fit up to its brutal personality. I don't know, I just love it for some reason. I always have liked water types, though. It seems really mysterious. :3

My other favorites would have to be Toxicroak, Masquerain, and Manaphy.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Create whirlpools by yawning~

In the last hurricane of a sticky, I said how Wailord was my favorite Pocket Monster. Times have actually changed. These days, a beautiful yet outrageously destructive Pocket Monster by the name Kingdra. The design is lovely, based on weedy sea dragon, it really fits to me. Creating whirlpools that swallow even ships, this Pocket Monster is divine. It's a bit disheartening it doesn't have more background in the anime, but many don't. With Wailord being a close runner up, Kingdra is indeed my favorite Pocket Monster.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    My favourite Pokemon will always be Leafeon. It's such an elegant yet freak of nature creature.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Raichu
    → The underrated Pokémon deserves much more recognition than it receives, in my opinion. Its design is amazing as well. I've always loved the small piece of lightning at the end of its tail. All Pikachu got was a brown mark. I think I know which one I like more. It also has better stats than Pikachu.

Haunter
    → Haunter has to be the coolest of the cool. It has the ability to float through walls and its arms don't link up with its body. Do you get anymore cooler than that? Probably not. Accoding to the anime and various PokéDex entries located in the games, Haunter is a playful sort of creature and that's also cool, 'cause if you're not going to look at life with a positive attitude, what's the point of living it?

Farfetch'd
    → Farfetch'd is a representative of the first generation fans. Everything about the Pokémon is old school. Plus, he holds a stick of some sort and hits people with it. What isn't there to like?

Kingdra
    → Kingdra is in my list of my five favourite purely because of its majestic looks.

Mewtwo
    → I watched the first movie a couple of weeks ago for the sake of nostalgia and I realised how magnificent Mewtwo was.

This list tends to change quite often.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Masquerain, Ralts, and Slowpoke!
    I will say no more, for Masquerain have already been covered, and Slowpoke doesn't need any explanation.
    Oh, and I forgot. Ralts is cute! (Win:D)

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    My favorite has always changed.

Gliscor is my favorite Pokemon. Giratina, Torterra, Electivire, Weavile, Toxicroak, Togekiss, Dragonite and Tyranitar deserve honorable mention. :)

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Gardevoir: Sleek, gifted with powerful psychokinesis, protective of its trainer... I've loved Gardevoir from the moment I first raised one. One has always been on my team from Sapphire onwards to blitz not only the E4 but also the teams of people I know.

Haunter: I thoroughly blame this on Ash's. I was amused by it in the anime at first, so then I tried my hand at writing them into my fanfics. The end result? Some of the coolest scenes I've ever written.

Furret: It started with a crackplot in an RPG I used to run, but after raising some on Silver and finding that they're actually not so bad, I grew fond of the little fur balls.

Raichu: My original favorite and still a Pokemon I'm very fond of. It's cute, and it packs a nice punch.

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
    Hmm... I think mine would have to be Crobat.

I don't like how the bats just get overlooked. Crobat has a really cool design, and deserves more screen time.

Last edited:

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Garchomp. =] Plain and simple; he's a beast when it comes to competitive battling, back when he was in the OU he was feared by many. I love his design too... Now that he's in Uber he's getting pushed around by Rayquaza and Draco Arceus, lol.

Years
    My favorite Pokemon would be Mewtwo, because I use him the most frequently on my team. Also, he just looks...scary, and I like his design as well.

Years
    I have way too many favorites. It's so hard to choose an absolute favorite, but I guess it's a toss up between Pikachu and Raichu. Yes, I'm one of those ones who doesn't hate either, and likes them both a lot. =P

I don't want to list all the reasons why I like all of my other favorites, so here are my other favorites (in no particular order):

Articuno
    Xatu
    Donphan
    Ledian
    Shiftry
    Moltres
    Kingler
    Victreebel
    Poliwhirl
    Murkrow
    Honchkrow
    Magnezone
    Lunatone
    Dunsparce
    Octillery
    Ho-Oh
    Chinchou
    Lanturn
    Porygon
    Porygon2
    Porygon-Z
    Manectric
    Ninetales

Pretty random list, I know. I could go on all day, since I still have more favorites. =P

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    do i even have to answer that question i think i have given enough hints to what my favorite pokemon is *cough*ESPEON!*cough*

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2008
    Charizard
    But i love Mightyena and Farfectch'd just the same

Get rdy forums, am gonna be ur number 1 big fan of Mightyena..
    Or is there already 1?

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016

Flygon is my favourite. I can't really say for sure why. In fact in-game its always been a bit of a burden. Raising a Flygon (from Trapinch) is about as hard as raising a Dragonite. Its stats aren't really worth the trouble you have to go to raise it either. Its typing is quite appealing. I think it just looks really elegant.

I also really like Milotic, Wailord and Breloom. Strange how they're all from Hoenn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back