• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agurcsik

Wee Warios like Strawberries
Years
  • That's a tough decision, I would have to go with Dialga though because he's a dragon type and he looks awesome.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2007
    I'm going to have to say my favourite pokemon is Castform but relatively closely followed by Mr.Mime and Oddish. Oh and Geodude, I like them.

Years
  • i have many so im gonna list them

1st generation :
    Arcanine it is so cool and looks so fast and cool :)
    Rapidash- basically the same

2nd generation :
    Raikou- again its fast and cool
    Entei- looks big and strong and looks elite like i can imagine it standing on top of a mountain controlling everyone

3rd generation:
    Luxray- so cool :) and electricy
    Dialga- i like the fact it controls time :)

so yeh thats all i can think off at the moment, i could not pick one of those to have in my party. so i cannot pick one...

zer0vrs

Zero Virus
    Years
  • Dragonite hands down, ever since i played the 1st game, ive always had one on my team, even in the gold and silver versions. with D/P though, im really starting to like Glaceon. shes definely my 2nd favorite

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • - Gardevoir (for its design and the fact that it kicks tail with Calm Mind + Trace + various special attacks)
    - Haunter (partly because of the anime, partly because its dex entries have made me think it's generally awesome)
    - Furret (because it's cute, fluffy, and prone to blindsiding people with Sucker Punch)
    - Squirtle (purely for nostalgic reasons)

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2007
    Favorite Pokémons:

Bug - Heracross
    Dark - Darkrai
    Dragon - Garchomp
    Elactric - Electivire
    Fighting - Lucario
    Fire - Typhlosion
    Flying - Moltres
    Ghost - Mismagius
    Grass - Sceptile
    Ground - Groudon
    Ice - Cloyster
    Normal - Regigigas
    Poison - Roserade
    Psychic - Deoxys
    Rock - Onix
    Steel - Metagross
    Water - Gyarados

That's all of my Favorite Pokémons! :D

Favorite Attack: Surf

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    This one's easy for me.

Back when I first started playing Pokemon, I began the first game in my Red version with Charmander, a decision that would affect me a great deal. My friends back then basically thought that Squirtle was the best, but somehow Charmander appealed to me more and I took it. Oddly enough, I got stuck in Mount Moon until Charmeleon was at a much higher level than he would normally have been, and I clearly recall Charizard being level 46when I was challenging Erika's gym. When the Elite Four were defeated and all was said and done, Charizard had grown to level 67. With Charizard already being my prime battler in most of my games afterward, I tried starting one with Bulbasaur. It wasn't the same, and I wound up restarting yet again with Charmander.

The anime was at least somewhat of an influence on my liking Charizard, as the third episode I saw was "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon" in which Ash's Charmeleon evolved into Charizard and would probably have destroyed both Aerodactyl and Ash if Jigglypuff hadn't put Charizard to sleep. That scene was pure awesome in its own right, and was even more so to me, having used Charizard so much myself.

Later on, I started a game in Pokemon Crystal with Cyndaquil. It was alright, but even then I wound up trading an old Charizard from my Yellow version to get him back in the game. Afterward, I actually hacked my games to get a Charmander at the beginning rather than having to choose one of the newer starters.

Even this year, after playing Leaf Green with Charizard, I went to the trouble of breeding him with a Ditto and trading a Charmander egg to Ruby before I started it. I borrowed both of these games from my friend, but I'm planning on getting back into generation 3 someday. And when I do, it'll be with Charizard, you bet. As for Generation 4, I've yet to think of how to get a Charmander in the early game.

In short, ever since the beginning, my favorite Pokemon has been Charizard and always will be. Powerful, fast, and deserving of a lot of respect, in my opinion. Is Blaziken better? Probably. Do I care? No! (Plus, 2x STABed Aerial Ace+Swords Dance=dead Blaziken). Charizard learning Swords Dance is just icing on the cake for me.

Anyhow, my planned moveset for R/S/E:
    Flamethrower
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Earthquake
    w/Leftovers
    Quirky nature or whatever raises stats evenly.

I'm still not a big fan of the newer EV system though, as I prefer Charizard as a mixed sweeper. I'm not letting that 317 Special Attack stat go to waste, but I'm still going to use Swords Dance due to its potential.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Not to be all strategy and moveset section-ish here, but nuetral natures are very bad. I do love Charizard though...and IMO, it's better than blaziken. Nice to see another Charizard lover. I have one on my Netbattle team! It really makes a nice sweeper, and is cool. Icing on the cke for me.

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Great Party!
    Years
  • Three are my fave's (once again)

Glaceon (It looks like Ayaeka from Tenchi Muyo)
    Flygon
    ...of course you know by now! BLAZIKEN!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD

Years
  • My faves would have to be my claims:
    1. Jigglypuff: My main character in smash bros.
    2. Flygon: It is always getting me out of situations in wifi battles
    3. Porygon-z: Do I need a reason? It just looks and battles awesome!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back