• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite Starter Pokémon? ‎

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    My favs are Charmander, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip and Tutwig.

That's just over half the starters o_O.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • My favourites have always been the fires for some curious reason xD I do like Chikorita as well, but Cyndaquil just beats her by a little.
    Except for Charmander, it's tied with Bulbasaur.

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
  • I like all the fire starters... NOTTT!!!

haha. Squirtle and Mudkip. Then probablly Bulbasaur.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    My fav. starter pokemon is Chickorita!!! Its been always so helpful to me in my crystal version! xD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I love Torchic, only because it is a fire chick and evolves into one of my favourite Pokemon (Espeon obviously being the other :)) Blaziken. It has flaming wrists. :O :D

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • A classic topic concept, but regardless my fav starters of all times are: Totodile (for Feraligatr) and Umbreon (Colosseum)
    Their final evolutions also happen to be my favorite Pokemon in general.

----------------
    Listening to: Kanye West - Heartless
    via FoxyTunes

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    My fav. is definately treecko. I dont know why but from the second i unwrapped sapphire and saw treecko on that unforgettable day on route 101, I fell in love with it. Sceptile truly rules any other starter (except charizard but thats for a different reason) in my opinion and through it i had my first encounter with my favourite move (dont ask, but its leaf blade).

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
  • My fav. is definately treecko. I dont know why but from the second i unwrapped sapphire and saw treecko on that unforgettable day on route 101, I fell in love with it. Sceptile truly rules any other starter (except charizard but thats for a different reason) in my opinion and through it i had my first encounter with my favourite move (dont ask, but its leaf blade).
    I always liked how treecko seemed so relaxed and confident. He was the coolest Grass type. I just love how happy the water pokes are. Squirtle has, and probably will always be my favorite though

hank jones

Elite Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • Heres are my favs:

1. Bulbasaur Ivysaur Venasaur
    Squirtle Wartortal Blastoise
    Charmander Charmeleon Charizard
    I don't really care for any besides feraligator
    3. Torchic Cumbusken Blaziken
    Treecko
    Grovile Sceptile
    Mudkip Marshtomp Swampert
    4. Turtwig Grotle Torterra
    Chimchar Monferno Infernape
    Piplup Prinplup Employeon

(Lots of spelling mistake... sorry)

Years
  • If you're talking about the main types, then I guess fire. I have to say that mostly 'cuz I love Cyndaquil and Charmander as starters, so they get the majority vote. Here's how it would be by region though:
    Kanto: Charmander
    Johto: Cyndaquil
    Hoenn: Treecko
    Sinnoh: Piplup

Back