• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What's your favourite track within the games?

Do you like the new music?

• Could be much better! :[

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • LOVE IT :3 ~

Votes: 80 88.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Pokemon BW Music Discussion thread! :3 ~

Mine would have to be the gym leader battle music just when your facing the gym leaders last poké!

Last edited by a moderator:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I'm not that far in, but I have a few.

- The Gym Leaders Battle theme.
    - Rival Battle theme.
    - Kanto Champion theme
    - BIG SPOILERS CLICK IF YOU DARE. I'M SERIOUS.
    Spoiler:

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Def the low health thing lol its not annoying like it was before where I'd turn the sound off while in the red zone... Now I kind of enjoy almost being defeated xD

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I'm not that far in, but I have a few.

- The Gym Leaders Battle theme.
    - Rival Battle theme.
    - Kanto Champion theme
    - BIG SPOILERS CLICK IF YOU DARE. I'M SERIOUS.
    Spoiler:

omg, that's what that one is called? that one is definitely my favorite too :) (it's number 94 on the rip i downloaded)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm happy with what I'm hearing so far with the tracks. They sound original and new for the start. Team Plasma's and the Rival battle music are my favorites as of now. The Gym Leader music is pretty catchy too. I like their twisty beats and I can't wait to hear more of the tracks as I go along catching information. XD;

When the pokémon in battle hits the low red, I'm glad it's not as annoying anymore. I usually turn off the sound when that happens so I'm satisfied I won't have to be doing that anymore. n_n

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    I loved the way they mixed N's theme for his second battle theme. It convinced me not to spoil the champion's theme until I actually play the game (unfortunately by then I had already listened to all of the other battle themes).

I also love the Battle Subway's remix of the trainer theme. It perfectly fits the vision of a battle on a high-speed train. Maybe pokemon battles on motorcycles aren't so far-fetched after all, eh?

The legendary pokemon theme this generation is crazy. Random piano keys, tempo changes abound. It makes me think if there's any relationship to Meloetta's "music and dance" theme, even though Victini gets the song too...

The one thing that really hits me with the music is a noticeable style resemblance to the bonus tracks (Game Freak's own remixes of certain in-game songs) of the Super-Complete OSTs of past games like FrLg or RSE. If I were to hear their remix of the Team Rocket hideout amongst BW's tracks, I actually wouldn't have been surprised. o.o

Years
  • I love the intro music where Geechisu is being crowned and Geechisu's theme music when he's talking. It's so 'Legend of Zelda'.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I knew my answer the instant I saw this thread: Team Plasma's battle theme. I look forward to battling them so I can hear that music. I don't know why I like it so much. Probably because it is rather exciting and gets me ready for battle.

That, and I'm happy that the beeping of a deeply wounded Pokemon matches the new battle music. I don't even have to turn down the volume when it happens because the beep and the music go so well together.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i was listening to the soundtrack on my ipod and i think i can sum up the music for this game
    it's Joe Hisashi+Zelda with hints of Donkey Kong Country :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Team Plasma theme, listening to it right now. Simply amazing work of Music, great to listen to ingame.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Have a lot, but here are my favorite of favorites and the reasons, there will be a battle theme, a route theme, a legendary battle theme and a Champion theme.

Gym Leader: Last Pokemon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydWLd2LyvwE&feature=related

It's the main pokemon theme. The one that's heard in the intro, but remixed into a battle song just for taking down the Gym Leader. It's fun to listen to, and is quite fitting. I wish I could hear it more then the Gym Leaders, because this is just awesome music in general, that final stretch, you can make it! Go!

Diving Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYsrhdJXtEQ

I don't know what I like about this. It goes together so well with it, sounds very fitting underwater, actually. A semi-calming theme that also sounds mysterious at the same time. This is just a good-sounding piece. The sounds, I really like in this.

Non-Main Legendary Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpAFQH-mJw

This one is just epic. It was tough to think of which one to put in. But overall, I chose this one, because I simply thought it fit a little better. It reminds me of a dungeon theme in MD2, also, and that's a plus. Both legendary themes really are good though, give them a listen.

World Champion Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPRLhtoZ0M4&feature=related

Spoiler:

And there you go.

Bay

Years
  • I really love Geechisu's battle theme. It's quite dark and chilling for Pokemon battle music. Dang, can't wait to battle him. XD

Team Plasma's theme is excellent too. I think their music has to be my favorite evil team theme music right there.

There's also a couple city background music I love too and usually I don't care too much about a city's theme. The cities with the electric and ground gyms I like the most because they're quite catchy.

Years
  • My very favorite so far is the Plasma Grunt battle. Always love fighting those guys due to their epic music.

Other favorites are Geechisu's talking theme, N's theme, Gym Leader battle tracks (both), and the Nostalgia Medley, of course.

Best soundtrack out of every generation so far.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I listened to the tracks on YouTube. Here are some of my favorites:
    -the rival battle
    -Cynthia's remixed theme
    -Blue's remixed theme (played only when you battle the second champion (who isn't Belle))
    -the trainer battle theme
    -the wild Pokemon battle theme

RUBY8

POKEMON FTW
    Years
  • Truly a great game that i've witnessed so far in Black and White, the rival music is awesome and the whole new variety of pokemon that was introduced is amazing.
    There is a reason why it got a 40/40 in Famitsu. I can't wait until it comes out in the States.

BTW it really suprised me that the otters final evolution was the the best out of the three in my opinon, i guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • the theme when you go between a route and town. it's so relaxing. :)
    alot are pretty good so it's hard to pull names out. but one that i dont like is the hiun city theme. they could have atleast changed it at night, like what they did with dp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back