• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your first pokemon game you bought and played?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    What was the first pokemon game (Any including spin-off) you first bought and played?

Back then when I was just a child, I demanded my dad to buy me a gameboy and the first game that I bought was Gold (or maybe was Silver) and I played it, later I got myself a GBA SP for my birthday and I'm hooked to Dungeon series as well LG. and more demanding I was; I got my DS then played Pearl.

So could you share your first pokemon base game.

Pookachu

Chuck Norris
    Years
    The first I played was Pokemon Yellow from one of my friends. The first I bought was Pokemon Blue.

Years
    The first game I played and bought was Pokemon Diamond. Though I did try out Sapphire and the other previous gen games after a bit.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    The first game I played was Red. I then played Yellow, Gold, Silver.

The first game I bought was Emerald.

I also played Leaf Green before buying Emerald. I forgot to mention that one.

Last edited:
    Years
    The first Pokemon game I bought is... X
    Yes, surprisingly I don't play pokemon since long, I started like in 2009 and everything was just emulators... Before 2009 I knew Pokemon only thanks to anime.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I remember everyone being obsessed with Pokemon in 2nd grade, which was 1999 for me. So yeah, I got Blue version for Christmas around that time, either '98 or '99. I bought a game from every generation since then.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    The first Pokémon game that I remember playing is Gold. Well, actually my brother was playing it at the time, and I started to explore with my character. I always turned the game off because of trainer battles you can't run from. I also know that he last saved on the first floor of the Tin Tower.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mine would be Pokémon Blue. Didn't buy it myself; it was given to me by my dad as a Christmas gift. I found the game to be quite addicting, and would play it every day whenever I could. :) First game I bought with my own money, though, is probably Emerald.

Years
    Pokemon Stadium for the N64 XD I didn't actually get into the main Pokemon games until X, which I was able to get together with my 3DS because of the gift card my friend gave me :D

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    The first Pokemon game I actually bought with my own hard earn money was Black 2 when it first came out - then bought a DS Lite a month later. The first 2 games I own (and lost) of the 3rd gen where given to me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The first one I ever played was Yellow.

The first one I bought with my own money was....which one was it? ....Uh, I think it was.....Fire Red? Or was it White? I don't remember.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    The first Pokémon game I bought and played was Red, in the summer of '99. I think that was actually the last one I paid for myself for quite some time (several of my subsequent games, through gen 2, I believe, were presents).

Shhmew

Years
    The first Pokemon game I owned and played was Blue version around when it came out. I was very young and my parents bought it for me. I hardly understood it but the Pokemon were just so cute. *-* And from then on I was hooked, haha.

Back