• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your "Inspiration"?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2012
    Hey guys

So I'm pretty sure MOST of you know that Pokemon is pretty damn repetitive. Same game, different graphics, occasionally new Pokemon. So I know that the game can get pretty boring pretty easily since you've been through ALL the same stuff before, just in a different region, or same region with different graphics.

So what keeps you inspired to play? is it just fun to play these games, no matter how repetitive it gets? is the new add-on the pokewalker keeping you inspired?

What keeps me inspired, is the idea of having a dream team. I mean, a COMPLETELY perfect team which I completely earned. Meaning, I chain-bred the pokemon to get a certain move, had it born with the nature of my choice, EV training it to my preference, and getting nearly PERFECT Iv's with ALL 6 pokemon of my choice. I would use this team to completely own all my friends on wi-fi or when they come to my house!

So whats keeping you inspired to play?

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I don't have a Pokewalker, so no, that's not why I continue to play. I play for the Pokemon. Yes, I like to fight alongside my team composing of my favorite Pokemon. It never gets old for me.

Though the new features help and so do the graphics, that's just not why I continue to play the games. If it was because of the graphics/less glitches/more features, then I wouldn't be playing my old Red/Blue/Yellow or Gold/Silver/Crystal when I can play the "remakes."

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I have restarted Ruby over 50 times over a few years, never gets boring. Mainly because each time I choose a different way to go through the adventure and train my Pokemon. It is just something that grows on you :P I have met people who tried Pokemon but weren't really into, so they played something else, fair enough, but I am just happy that I am a Pokemon type of guy :P

ReachForTheMoon

Immortal Smoke
    Years
  • Well, honestly I just straight up enjoy playing the games.

Then, however... I like to make a cool team of Pokemon I like and battle my buddies up at school... We're all being totally awesome now and making gyms...

Each of us will have one type we focus on and go from there. One person will try to beat all of us. If they make it all the way through (without changing their team up, of course :3)... we'll buy them lunch or something.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • I just really want to have the team that I've always wanted =) I've always gotten close to one, but it still felt like something was missing. Silver was my favorite out of all the pokemon games that I've played, and I'm enjoying SS right now =D I think I'll finally be able to get my team in this game =p

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    My inspiration is catching more pkmn and raising them to become stronger, and of course getting the perfect dream team...Honestly, the same plot really doesn't die for me. Sure I may get bored of it for awhile, but I get drawn back in soon after. For instance, I stopped playing pokemon for like almost a year and didn't get back into it till I bought Platinum in August of last year..then I stopped playing platinum like around October and didn't touch my pkmn games again till last february, now I'm hooked.

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I do it for three reasons.

• I REALLY love completing the Pokedex.
    • Battling with friends at school never gets old.
    • The plot is perfect. Everything is how it should be, with a surprising twist or two.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    The main reason I continue on is because of competition between friends and relatives. I also like seeing and experiencing stories that I can only dream of, since the world as we know is becoming intoxicated and unnatural. Other than that, the games are a very good distraction from the stress I get from homework/tests/projects.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    The only reason why I am interested in buying and playing HG/SS Pokemon games is because it brings back old memories when I was young. Gold version was the version I spent the most time and had the most fun playing. And for this reason, I bought the Nintendo DS. I never played Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum. I was never interested. I stopped watching Pokemon after the Johto League.

Kuni Kagami

Keen eye trainer
    Years
  • The game to me doesn't get old , the different teams you can progress, the masses of moves and strategies , the add ons and watching it grow as it become different then what you've seen as a child.
    All those make pokemon worth while to me.
    Not caring what my friends think help too :I
    They usually say"play a real men game." Which gets annoying after the 20th time.

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
  • What keeps me inspired to keep playing? The fact that I can continuously build teams until I finally get the team suitable for STOMPING anyone who challenges me into the ground. That and the fact that I love RPGs where you raise creatures who have extraordinary abilities and powers. Also, I love RPGs, period. My all time favorite genre to play around with. So much you can do with them. Plus I can always challenge myself by creating monotype teams or teams consisting of Pokemon that don't evolve like Shuckle or Relicanth.

Years
  • I really enjoy the collecting aspect of the game. My motivation is the franchise's slogan, I "gotta catch 'em all!" Also, I love the variety of cute little creatures from game to game.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    For me, it is the breeding aspect. I have already bred new versions of my team and am currently getting my Eevee happy enough to evolve in SubWishPass Umbreon. I enjoy getting the right Nature and good IV spreads. I just LOVE Emerald for the fact that it provides so much towards breeding. I cannot wait to begin transferring my Emerald Pokemon to SS!

To be honest, for the in-game portion I find myself putting limitations on what I can do in an effort to make the game somewhat challenging. I don't use items during battles (which is why I do need a SubWishPassing Umbreon) and I don't level up my Pokemon higher than the Pokemon of the next gym. I also turn Shift off. Stuff like that. I will admit that I do love the HGSS storyline and am really just taking my time with it. Just wish they would add difficulty levels with the next game.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • This seems more of a general discussion on the games, and isn't really about HG/SS alone. That said, just going to move this over to General Pokémon Gaming.

/moved

For me though, I think it's just the interest is still in me. To keep things different and fun each time, I just change things up every so often such as training new Pokémon and moving through the games differently. Mostly though, my interest in the games are still strong which is what keeps me playing them for so long regardless of their similar pattern. :\

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've tried using every Pokemon I possibly can. I like to use different things with each play through, and sometimes I even change my training method. I just found a better way to grind levels, for instance. Yay. Works really nice. Took me three days. xD But I was multitasking anyway. But it's been than taking a week like I used to do.

And these games never get repetitive for me. Something about them keeps me coming back for more, even the old games. Y'all should know I'm a retro nerd. ;) Still rockin' dat Red versionnn.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Like most RPGs, I keep playing just for the satisfaction of seeing something/someone that was once weak and pitiful become ever stronger and tear through enemy after enemy. :D

This probably explains why I like using early-game pokemon to the end and avoid using legendaries. XD

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
    Years
  • You know, I've been getting awfully bored with Pokemon after being addicted to it for about a month, because I was excited about the remake releases, but I truly love Pokemon. I have since I was a small child and it's just a thing I've grown up with and I'm a fanatic. Pokemon gets so boring, though, at times. Lately is has. I just reached Kanto and I'm in Celadon city, and I just don't want to play right now. It's so repetitive. I'll get back into it within a few days. I love my team, and I'm perfecting it. This is the first time I've truly gotten the concept and strategy of pokemon. I always just played story mode and then stopped. But, the online wi-fi features, the IVs, EVs, natures, and all of these terms that i've just discovered make me want to train my team with great stats and perfect an online battle team. I have a few shinies, and I don't completely understand the IV/EV system, yet. It's so complex and hard to get perfect IV/nature, then EV train the pokemon perfect, especially when you want a shiny version. But, I love Pokemon and I'm trying to get my dream team. This forum might have inspired me to go play some SS. :D

ShadowSalamence

Fan of the Dragon Pokemon
    Years
  • Well, I feel satisfied when I have completed the game. After that, I collect event Pokemon, IV breed, EV train, play in the Battle Frontier and challenge or trade with my friends.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Hmm...actually, I just want to be a Pokemon Master (IMO, catching every Pokemon known to date, fully evolving them [each species, so all of the Eeveelutions, the Hitmons, etc.], and training them to Lv. 100 for battling) with awesome Pokemon for at least one time in my life! All these event Pokemon make that goal so much harder.

Furthermore, I'd like to have an impressive streak in the Battle Frontier (50+ or 100+ wins). I'm surprised that I played Emerald for as long as I did, because the Battle Frontier was getting really monotonous.

Back