• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Whats your most annoying point about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I second that! Sometimes it feels as if they're booting me out. I can't help to think that maybe I got a hacked pokémon in a trade and when I traded it myself, the server "sees" that it is hacked (of course I'm not knowing of this) and then it kicks me out.

Im not really sure how I forgot to mention this one but it seems like my game only has connection errors when Im winning!

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    I totally agree with Ninetales.
    The item thing just bugs me to no end. Plus after you beat the Elite Four you have to go through soo much talking and [beep :D] that it eats away at your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowDragonTrainer

Ultimate Dragon Champion
    Years
    Lol about the jet boat.

Anyways, I have to agree with the person who said about having to fight Dialga/Palkia straight after battling Cyrus. Ive just done it on Pearl and I used the Master ball so it was easy for me but its still really annoying.....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I totally agree with Ninetales.
    The item thing just bugs me to no end. Plus after you beat the Elite Four you have to go through soo much talking and sh*t that it eats away at your time.
    Please do not cuss please we want to keep PC clean.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Lol about the jet boat.

Anyways, I have to agree with the person who said about having to fight Dialga/Palkia straight after battling Cyrus. Ive just done it on Pearl and I used the Master ball so it was easy for me but its still really annoying.....
    I'm not 100% sure but I think either you could fly away from spear pillar if you want ab4 battling Dialga/Palkia otherwise use an escape rope or teleport I remember doing it on my first playthrough somehow.....

Years
    I'm not 100% sure but I think either you could fly away from spear pillar if you want ab4 battling Dialga/Palkia otherwise use an escape rope or teleport I remember doing it on my first playthrough somehow.....
    I couldn't believe they were making me face Palkia straight after that either. I know you can't fly away. I've gone up there since the battle and couldn't use fly that time. Maybe the others though . . .

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I couldn't believe they were making me face Palkia straight after that either. I know you can't fly away. I've gone up there since the battle and couldn't use fly that time. Maybe the others though . . .
    I remember now let Pakky or Dialga beat you then from the poke center go back to mt coronet and everyone will still be there lol

btw i hate the beginning of the game becasue if you are SRing for natures there is so much text b4 u can check but the beginning is very convinenant for shinies since you battle right after you choose I guess

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    The sprites for Bulbasaur and Charmander:

Whats your most annoying point about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?
    Whats your most annoying point about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

Their evolutions are fine! It's just that Bulbasaur looks like he's tripping and Charmander looks as if he's high. Squirtle and his evolutions are perfect.

Ikeziu

Just face it: Maiden pwns you.
    Years
    That you can't catch Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin, etc. without going to a Nintendo Event.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    I hatehateHATE the item bag!! Really, I was so ticked when the item PC wasn't in the games. I have nowhere to put the possibly-useable crap that I end up never using... ;_;

I also hate how there's so much less to do when you beat the Elite 4... sure, there's stuff to do, but the story just completely ends and it's kinda lame.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    I hatehateHATE the item bag!! Really, I was so ticked when the item PC wasn't in the games. I have nowhere to put the possibly-useable crap that I end up never using... ;_;

I also hate how there's so much less to do when you beat the Elite 4... sure, there's stuff to do, but the story just completely ends and it's kinda lame.
    I totally agree, after you beat the E4 and get another solid 40 some hours into the game, there's really nothing left to do but things like Battle Tower, EVing, breeding, berry planting, contests.. and yeah. Especially after you've explored the later routes that are opened after E4. I'm at the nothing to do stage now, and I badly want to trade all my good Pokemon to my sister's Pearl game and start a new game...

Years
    I really didn't like how the Surfing speed was slowed down from Advance.

Other than that, I'm okay with the game, other than the fact that they dropped the Battle Frontier and waited until Platinum to reinstall.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I totally agree, after you beat the E4 and get another solid 40 some hours into the game, there's really nothing left to do but things like Battle Tower, EVing, breeding, berry planting, contests.. and yeah. Especially after you've explored the later routes that are opened after E4. I'm at the nothing to do stage now, and I badly want to trade all my good Pokemon to my sister's Pearl game and start a new game...

Speaking of trading I just traded a ton borrowing my friends ds from pearl to diamond and the trade animation takes to long lol it so exagerated all the time exchanging two pieces of data shouldnt take long
    trading almost a box full of pokemon wasted a lot of my time today....

Years
    1. Surfing Speed. It makes Surfing in the first and second generations look like you're riding a jet-ski. As for the third generation, you may as well be flying an airplane when you compare it to surfing in the fourth generation. I loved the surfing speed in the third generation; I was pretty appalled by the sluggishness of surfing in the fourth generation.

2. Saving a lot of data. I get this message a lot, even if I've only been playing for about five minutes since the last save. What major thing could I have done in the last five minutes that made the game take so long to save?

3. Secret Bases. I liked being able to build a Secret Base in a tree, cave wall or bush, back in the third generation. The interiors of the rooms all seemed to have a unique shape. In this generation, it's pretty boring having to build your base underground.
    Plus, I can't get rid of the rocks in my base. Apparently, I need to connect with someone over Wi-Fi to do it, which I don't see happening anytime soon. I don't have access to a Wi-Fi connector or a wireless connection, and no one I know owns Diamond or Pearl - so I'm stuck with the rocks. Great.

4. Having to tote around a ton of HM-using Pokemon. I have three HM slaves - Starly, Geodude and Budew - and I hate having to drag these guys around on long expeditions (i.e. the trip up to Mt. Coronet's peak). It means I have to deposit one or more of my good team members in the PC to make room for my HM slave(s). It seems there are HM-requiring obstacles everywhere you go.

5. I'm one of those people that dislikes the absence of a "back" button on the Pokétch. It's annoying having to flip through a while pile of useless aps to get back to the digital clock.

6. I actually wasn't aware until recently that the item bag had infinite space. However, I was getting suspicious of something like this being true, having made it through seven gyms, collecting a ton of items, and not getting the "no more room for items" message once. That said, it's irritating having to scroll down for ten minutes to get to the item I want.

I actually didn't find the whole "battle with Palkia" thing annoying. The game lets you save right after beating Cyrus, provided you don't immediately march on ahead to face Palkia/Dialga. As long as you've packed plenty of healing items and Ultra Balls (or whatever kind of Poke Ball you prefer using), you should be all right to face the legendary Pokemon.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I actually didn't find the whole "battle with Palkia" thing annoying. The game lets you save right after beating Cyrus, provided you don't immediately march on ahead to face Palkia/Dialga. As long as you've packed plenty of healing items and Ultra Balls (or whatever kind of Poke Ball you prefer using), you should be all right to face the legendary Pokemon.
    or you could just let palkia kick your ass then come back prepared lol

Back