• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your most hated battle tactic?

Vengeful One

I'll put something amazing here eventually...
Years
  • Mine would have to be the status effect teams that people make. When they use toxic/will-o-wisp or others and then use substitute and protect for the rest of the match and just let you slowly die out.

Twilight Storm

just your average weirdo ;D
    Years
  • When your opponent keeps on using Wish, Protect, Wish, Protect over and over, and when you finally get a attack on it, it will be like ???'s wish came true!, or if you get a status effect on it, they use Heal Bell.(Chansy, Blissy, I'm looking on you...)

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    The tactic I hate the most is constant spamming of U-turn and volt-switch. There's no problem when you do it once, but if your Landorus U-turns to your rotom which volt switches to your mew which baton passes back to your Landorus, it gets annoying fast.

Also, when people timer stall. Those who absent-mindedly look over their shoulder every 30 seconds, hit protect or dragon tail, and get back to whatever they are doing really only play to watch people forfeit.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Stallers. Mega Sableye leads. The former is annoying as heck and the latter makes my lead useless and gives it time to set up as I have to switch. Not saying its the same with other teams, but with the one I run...

And did I mention how it typically runs Recover?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Stallers. Mega Sableye leads. The former is annoying as heck and the latter makes my lead useless and gives it time to set up as I have to switch. Not saying its the same with other teams, but with the one I run...
    Ever considered leading with something else? Just because a Pokemon on your team acts as a lead, doesn't mean, you actually have to lead with it; especially when your opponent has an anti-lead like Sableye. E.g. you could lead with something, that beats it, or at least scares it out, so you can switch out into your actual lead and set up freely. :P

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Ever considered leading with something else? Just because a Pokemon on your team acts as a lead, doesn't mean, you actually have to lead with it; especially when your opponent has an anti-lead like Sableye. E.g. you could lead with something, that beats it, or at least scares it out, so you can switch out into your actual lead and set up freely. :P

Yeah, I've considered it already...

...Haven't seen a Sableye since.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Volt Turn is kind of annoying and really destroys my momentum, especially if I'm not expecting it (which happens a lot when you start playing again after a very long break). Also, any trapping tactic is stupid, period.

Sirfetch’d

I really hate cancer Baton Pass and it's recent nerf was great. I agree with the above poster about trapping as well. Shadow Tag in particular is extremely annoying and unhealthy for the game. Arena Trap isn't as bad since Dugtrio is ass and Magnet Pull is easy to work around. Ban Shadow Tag or Goth and I'll be happy.

Years
  • Stall can suck a big fat fuckin dick. Also not really sure if this counts but people who DC when they're going to lose. Like I get yer gonna lose but come on now what if I wanna save the vid or something.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    "what battle tactics do you hate the most?"
    *comes in thread*
    *most people basically say stall*

yep that's what I expected from this thread lol

I don't hate stall. But I don't like "Fun"bro, Shadow Tag, Stealth Rock and Volturn

Vengeful One

I'll put something amazing here eventually...
    Years
  • I don't really care for the stall tequniques(probably because I've never seen someone use it yet,) but another thing I hate the most is when a person constantly switches their Pokemon if they get confused or a stat of theirs is lowered or just keep switching when they are about to lose.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • CHALK teams are annoying af and make me want to stop playing Pokemon.

If you don't know the lingo yet:

Cresselia
    Heatran
    Amoongus
    Landorus
    Kangaskhan

... and Zapdos or Thundurus.

Years
  • As someone who loves to use birds and bugs, I hate Stealth Rocks. And constantly spamming Wish to heal the whole team. I have some Pokémon with Wish as well, but I don't heal up every second turn. Paralysis is also rather annoying, especially if they use Thunder Wave on every single of my Pokemon they can use it on. And I don't like teams with many priority moves.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    394.jpg

I like this thread. I feed on your tears of stall anguish and inability to break it with pokemon with stupid abilities, 170+ attacking stats, moves etc. 😂

Anyway, i hate Gothitelle. Everything else trapper wise is either shit or limited in what it traps. Goth traps and can fuck up everything thats not Shed Shell'd, has a faster BP/U-Turn/V-Switch or ghost, even things it doesnt beat get wasted. I mean what use is a Trick Scarf'd SD Scizor lol!

Speaking of which, goth does have ONE positive trait it brings to OU. That is to waste bullshit sweepers by trapping them into one move with Trick Scarf. Enjoy your aids Manaphy.

Honestly thought OU will be alot better once Goth, Mana and Hoopa-U are banned.

P.S Megas arent pokemon either.

Years
  • Some pretty strong language in this thread...

I dislike tactics that rely on RNG to win. Tactics that mainly utilize Paralysis or Confusion to gain the upper hand. In my opinion if you win due to 5 paralysis/confusion locks in a row, you haven't won because you're better than me, you won because you rolled a die and you rolled high.

Togekiss and similar strategies are an exception to this. Togekiss uses paralysis and confusion in combination with her Serene Grace ability to increase the odds of the flinch on Air Slash to lock me down. In this case, they're utilizing the paralysis and confusion to boost Togekiss's innate strength.

Back