• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your MVP (Most Valued Player)?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    What Pokemon is the most important member of your team?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I used to feel like the lead (before WiFi was a mandatory thing) was the most important part since it set up how your team was going to function, but now I find that whatever Pokemon make up the core of your team are the most important. They're what your whole operation works around and feeds off of to make the whole team function. Typically when one piece of the core goes down due to a mistake/hax/etc. another piece crumples and that's what makes for a lost battle.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • not one of my pokemon that i use in my party is more important than another.
    because they all work with one another. and have different uses to me.
    example. if i use my tyranitar instead of nidoqueen (depends if i want toxic or not) he will use sandstorm, when i get a chance i switch. mainly from the opponent fainting, to garchomp. which her ability makes harder to hit. so yeah. there all MVPs to me ;)

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
    Years
  • I'd like to say it's Lucario, but unfortunately I digress. On my team, it would have to be Alakazam because even in OU he can really turn a game around.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Salamence. He's faster than anyone and his attack and defence are normal. So Salamence ;D.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    I can't really say much, one B/W I play single battles, which only allow 3 pokemon, I use different ones, but my most useful has got to be... Togekiss, he can carry the team, even though I haven't one a single wifi battle :(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Yanmega, 100%! I use him on every team he's eligible for since he's just such a surprisingly good Pokémon. You'd never expect him to sweep well given his stats, but if you set him up properly he'll often win you the match. He's not the most reliable Pokémon out there, especially given the huge focus on Stealth Rock in the current meta, but he's a Pokémon that I never make a team without. I suggest giving him a go to anyone that hasn't - he can even work well in an OU team despite his tier.

Years
  • Absol, now and forever. The high attack stat for me is very important considering I am more of an offensive battler. With a bit of Swords Dance now and then, Absol can OHKO several Pokemon. His speed is also a bonus, he is fast but not the fastest, which is where moves like Sucker Punch come into very good use and he has produced some late game sweeps with SP.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
  • Only Meta i've been playing lately is Ubers. And out of my team, i'd have to say my Kabutops cleans most teams very effectively. The main reason I think he's working so well for me is because by the time he finally gets to come in and do something, all of his counters are gone and any priority user is gone as well(with the exception of Espeed Normal Arceus, but Kabu can tank a few Espeeds.)

Sirfetch’d

For me I don't have a specific one as many can fit this role, but my spiker, stealth rock user would be my MVP. I always use an entry hazard setter in every battle I do because it honestly is needed. Chipping away at your opponent's health by forcing switches and damaging most Pokemon at entry is very important and helpful in winning a battle. That is why I consider my MVP my hazard setter. Some I use frequently are: Skarm, Ferro, Nidoqueen, Hippo, and a few more.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • On my monotype team and OU team my superstar is Breloom. He sweeps unprepared teams to no end and has won battles for me when all hope seems lost. Breloom is a popular pokemon though so once my team has gotten rid of its counters, I know I've won the battle.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • My Misdreavus in Pokemon SoulSilver, she's indestructible! I kinda wish I hadn't evolved her, though :/

In White it was my Arcanine, who I hatched early on in the game from her mother who was traded.

I regularly use my starters a lot in Pokemon games, so whichever one I chose usually ends up being my MVP. I think I'm going to start using high-defense Pokemon, I'm tired of them always getting taken out so early.

Back