• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your opinion on boss battling?

Years
    I disagree. A boss that doesn't have much to do with the plotlinr of a game is still really fun to fight/deal with. I mean, Legend of the Void had the really awesome wolf boss known as 'Old One Eye.' He was more of a random encounter than anything else. But he was still a good boss fight.

It's perhaps mainly due to the fact that I often go into boss battles with little to no strategy; I'm a button masher when it comes to boss fights. Normally it works in conjunction with my habit of over levelling my characters, but when it doesn't, after the 2nd or 3rd attempt, I will rage quit hard, and possibly throw the controller. No big deal.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't like boss battling, but nor do I dislike them; I'd say I'm neutral. :] Every time you beat one in some game, it gives you a feeling of progression and makes you think that you're one step closer towards reaching end of the story. Only thing I'm bothered by, though, is that aside from sports (well, mostly), almost every single video games have boss battles. I mean, there are a few out there without them, but I've yet to actually run into one. Haha.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Bosses are...well, pretty much bosses :P They are like, guardians of the stage you have to overcome. I think most of them are pretty interesting, especially if the boss battle is one of your main rivals, best friend or the main antagonist. I think boss battles are very important in gaming, depends on what genre is the game, tough. THEY are the reasons some games are difficult, after all. Imagine a game with no boss battles.

Back