• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your opinion on dead languages?

Years
As a dedicated Latin student, my opinion on the matter is a resounding Yes for the preservation of "dead" languages. Much of history is recorded on languages that are not of use in current day, and the human identity is preserved in dialects and languages themselves. I see no apparent reason to rid ourselves of history.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Personally, I think we should still learn the 'dead languages' of yesteryear, since they are quite interesting, and can help you with modern language studies. Also, if you know one of these dead languages, you could say insults to other people, and they wouldn't know what you were talking about.

Unfortunately, my school doesn't offer Latin, only Spanish, which isn't bad, but it just doesn't hold my interest.

Back