• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's Your Team?

Which Starter Will You Choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
  • My Team is:

Starter - Forretress (WEAK TO FIRE)------------
    Bold = Defense
    Moves:
    Toxic Spikes
    Explosion
    Iron Defense
    Rest or Protect?

Speedster - Gengar (WEAK TO GHOST/PSYCHIC/DARK)---------
    Naive = Speed
    Moves:
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Destiny Bond
    Substitute or Pain Split

Tank - Blissey (WEAK TO FIGHTING)--------
    Careful = Spc. Def.
    Moves:
    Softboiled
    Double-Edge
    Minimize
    Refresh or Healing Wish

Physical and Special Wall - Shuckle (WEAK TO ROCK/STEEL/WATER)---------
    Relaxed = Defense
    Moves:
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Double Team
    Ancient Power

Attacker - Slaking----------
    Naughty = Attack
    Moves:
    Slack Off
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch

Random - Ninjask-------
    Jolly = Speed
    Moves:
    Swagger
    X-Scissor
    Dig
    Roost or Swords Dance

Any advice on how to adjust it or make changes to it would be greatly appreciated! Please PM them to me though so I see them! Thank you!

Well besides the fact that none of these Pokemon have any real offensive capabilities, they are currently doing their jobs wrong, sort of.

You want Forretress to have at least one attack, especially if you're playing through the game itself. It's not doing much with no attacks and Iron Defense right now away -- nothing is going to happen if you send it in and Toxic Spikes, then Iron Defense. The most you can do is Explosion, but why did you Iron Defense?

Gengar -- the only thing that seems right is Hypnosis. Dream Eater is a pretty bad move unless you're rather lucky with the Hypnosis hits, meaning a 60% chance to hit, and the risk that the enemy wakes up before you can hit them. If it hits, great. Gengar gets healed, but generally Psychic is better. Gengar wants Thunderbolt or Shadow Ball there to make up for the team's lack of offense, though a lot of Gengar use both anyway.

Blissey's awkward last three attacks should definitely be swapped out for something more useful, like Aromatherapy to heal your team, Seismic Toss because Blissey has moot attack and Seismic always does the same amount of damage, Toxic / Thunder Wave if you want to status, or Stealth Rock -- the most god attack in the game.

If there's one thing that can't tank, it's Shuckle. Even though it has the highest defenses in the game, it has no HP to back it up. Furthermore, it also has no attack, so it's better off using things like Toxic, Wrap, Bide, or Stealth Rock to rack up damage.

Slaking is okay, but you generally want to replace Slack Off with Earthquake or Return.

I don't know about Ninjask, but I think it needs a bit of Baton Pass. I don't think Swagger is warranted on this team, because few things could take a +2 fighting move on a strong enough Pokemon. Roost is bad here because of Ninjask's low health anyway, so use Swords Dance.

Butter

In all his Butteriness
    Years
  • My current team is Typhlosion (36), Togetic (38), Lapras (29), Espeon (35). :) Heading for the 6th Gym.

Years
  • What's Your Team?

Probably going to replace this because it sucks.

What's Your Team?

Quagsire is just awesome.

What's Your Team?

I had no idea how hard it was to get a Magmarizer without Leaf Green. Still pretty good though.

What's Your Team?

Started off good, but got progressively worse.

What's Your Team?

Always wanted Jolteon. Not as good as I thought he'd be though.

What's Your Team?

Found an EV trained Haunter in my Pearl box, so I figured I may as well use it.

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    Mine is in my signature. Only had Soul Silver just over a day. Currently training my pokemon up for next badge. :)

Master Kim

I make "smart" cool.
    Years
  • Currently: Feraligatr, Sudowoodo, Victreebel, Snorlax, Ho-Oh, Magmortar, and the sixth is open to whatever I feel like using that day.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Starmie: Light Screen, Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam
    Typhlosion: Earthquake, Flamethrower, Smokescreen, Sunny Day
    Aerodactyl: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Fly, Crunch
    Heracross: Swords Dance, Close Combat, Aerial Ace, X-Scissor
    Gengar: Destiny Bond, Confuse Ray, Psychic, Shadow Ball

Sixth: Used to be Victreebell (Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder) but now its whatever I'm training at the moment.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    My current team;
    Meganium.
    Alakazam.
    Clefairy.
    Ampharos.
    Pidgeotto.
    Garados.

and I must say, am rather fond of it atm. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    I have a pretty good team, in my opinion, with Feraligatr, Pidgeot, Nidoking, Slowking, and Venosaur, and I have a space to fill up. This is basically an in game team for the most part

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Should I get Kingdra or Lapras for my team:

Gengar Lv34
    Dragonair Lv34
    Typhlosion Lv36 (Overleveled for Evolution)
    Scizor Lv34

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    My team as of right now:
    Garchomp-Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch, Fire Fang
    Weavile-Ice Punch, Swords Dance, Brick Break, Night Slash
    Dragonite-Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Dragon Dance
    Lucario-Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Earthquake
    Infernape-Grass Knot, Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Close Combat
    Salemence-Hydro Pump, Aerial Ace, Dragon Claw, Dont Know Yet

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • My team, fully IVed from Sinnoh, transfered at Lv.5, raised from there in SS, all have PkRS, not cheated:

-Leaf: Meganium: Female: Quiet: Lv.58: Atk 128: Def 154: Sp. Atk 135: Sp. Def 141: Spd 110: Reflect: Safeguard: Petal Dance: PoisonPowder:

-Starburst: Typhlosion: Male: Hasty: Lv.55: Atk 117: Def 99: Sp. Atk 148: Sp. Def 117: Spd 148: Swift: Focus Blast: Double-Edge: Flamethrower:

-Chomper: Feraligatr: Male: Lonely: Lv.55: Atk 161: Def 129: Sp. Atk 115: Sp. Def 114: Spd 115: Agility: Ice Fang: Crunch: Waterfall

-Amphy: Ampharos: Female: Rash: Lv.56: Atk 108: Def 141: Sp. Atk 168: Sp. Def 112: Spd 86: Signal Beam: Thunder Wave: Discharge: Light Screen:

-Valentine: Togekiss: Male: Modest: Lv.55: Atk 74: Def 129: Sp. Atk 176: Sp. Def 152: Spd 117: Air Slash: Ancient Power: Aura Sphere: Wish:

-Lavender: Espeon: Female: Modest: Lv.55: Atk 90: Def 89: Sp. Atk 195: Sp. Def 130: Spd 147: Future Sight: Quick Attack: Psybeam: Shadow Ball:

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Mine is Typhlosion, Shiny Victreebel, Gastrodon, Kangaskhan, Steelix and Crobat.

Bao

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2011
    I'm at the E4 now... yes I'm slow

Meganium Lv48
    Mamoswine Lv 49
    Arcanine Lv 45
    Espeon Lv 44
    Fearow Lv 43
    Sandslash Lv 43

I realized that my team consists majority of Kanto pokemon, guess I like them more.. haha

I'm thinking after beating the E4 and going to Kanto, I'll put all my pokemon into the PC box except for Meganium and Espeon, and like what Ash does I'll just use the pokemon I catch in Kanto :D

Fire-Red

Like no one ever was
    Years
  • In my signature. Soon to be joined by a venusaur when I get a bulbasaur off oak and train it.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Should I get Kingdra or Lapras for my team:

Gengar Lv34
    Dragonair Lv34
    Typhlosion Lv36 (Overleveled for Evolution)
    Scizor Lv34
    I'd say Lapras. Easier to train, really. Although I prefer Kingdra over Lapras. Nothing beats that Water/Dragon combination.

My team is in my signature. Slowpoke is the highest leveled Pokemon, too. Level 44. :D

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    On SoulSilver...

More or less complete. Got all 16 badges, battled everyone in Kanto. Just need to get my party to Lv 70 for Red and that horribly unfair battle in Dragon's Den :) . It's slow work without a VS Seeker though :/

Danny/Typhlosion Lv. 59
    Jason/Umbreon Lv. 60
    Zaps/Luxray Lv. 60
    Rojo/Gyarados Lv. 59 (Yes, the Red one :P)
    Hermes/Pidgeot Lv. 59

I've also got a Sandshrew Lv. 17 but it's my HM guy. That one isn't nicknamed :D .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back