• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's Your Team?

Which Starter Will You Choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
Years
  • my team
    Charmander in the sixth spot with black glasses XD

togekiss
    politoad
    gengar
    typhlosion
    raikou

DATS JUST HOW WE DO IT IN NEW BARK

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
    Years
  • my team in SS is
    Tauros
    Feraligatr
    Typhlosion
    Meganium
    Xatu
    Lanturn

they do work =]

Years
  • My team is Meganium, Politoed, Arcanine, Togekiss (all lv. 73), Absol lv. 50 and Golbat lv. 36 (Shiny). I'm training for Red, when I get my main pokémon to lv. 80 I will challange him. I use Absol mainly for catching pokémon, because it have Thunder Wave and False Swipe. After I beat Red I'm going to evolve Golbat but then I will replace him and Absol with Blastoise and Blaziken.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    My in-game team, all at lv. 88 or 89:
    Malibu (Feraligatr), Hachiko (Arcanine), Yeti (Electivire), Sabine (Espeon), Chewy (Armaldo), Boss (Honchkrow)

My lulz team for stalking legendaries:
    Big Amps (Ampharos I got as a mareep in the GTS who had that name! :P), Valentine (shiny Absol), Nago (Tangrowth), Zeppelin (Flying Raichu), Jean-Paul (Ursaring I got in the GTS who came with that name. I love finding nicknamed Pokemon in the GTS), Pooky (Gengar, from the GTS again)

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Here's the team I've been using on my English HeartGold:

Feraligatr - Level 47 - [ Starter ]
    - I opted to go with the Pokemon that started my Second Generation experience over those I'd not used as much.

Pidgeot - Level 46 - [ Second Pokemon ]
    - You don't get much better of a flyer than Pidgeot! I've always liked it since Generation I, but despite that, rarely used it since Gen. II...

Ampharos - Level 46 - [ Third Pokemon ]
    - I know I chose Ampharos for my Japanese playthrough of the game, but I just couldn't help myself when it came to choosing an Electric-type again. That and you pick it up pretty early in the game

Gloom - Level 46 - [ Fourth Pokemon ]
    - I almost have this one ready for evolution; I was waiting for it to learn Giga Drain, which it acquires at Level 47, so just one more to go, and I can evolve it into a Bellossom! ^-^

Arcanine - Level 46 - [ Fifth Pokemon ]
    - I kind of cheated when it came to Fire Stones... instead of waiting for a second Fire Stone, I traded one from my Platinum file so I didn't have to wait a week to buy one and saved some of those precious Pokeathlon points. Anyway, I picked Arcanine because Ninetales is SS-Exclusive... xD That and I actually like it, as well! Arcanine has proven to be a valuable ally throughout the game so far.

Dragonair - Level 46 - [ Sixth Pokemon ]
    - This one took a while for me to get because of the terrible destruction that PEGI and the ESRB forced Nintendo to do to my precious Slots! But anyway, after several days trying to win (and failing amazingly as a result) at Voltorb Flip, I finally got Dratini. I've always liked Dragonair as a Dragon-type Pokemon...

Those are the Pokemon I used to beat the Elite Four with. However, throughout the game, I did train other Pokemon for possible use:

Vulpix - Level 36 - [ GTS Trade / Seventh Pokemon ]
    - I picked this one up by setting a fair trade on the GTS, unlike the horde of ridiculous requests from people out there... but anyway, I'm waiting for it to learn a particular move before I evolve it into Ninetales. I may get to work on that when I've gotten to Vermillion City...
    - Was used in the Gym battles against Jasmine and Pryce.

Jumpluff - Level ?? - [ Eight Pokemon ]
    - Jumpluff was the eight Pokemon I started training, but it didn't get any Gym Leader action because it was pretty late in the game that I started to use it, meaning it wasn't much use against Pryce or Clair. I still think its a pretty nice Pokemon, though.

Sandshrew - Level ?? - [ Ninth Pokemon ]
    - The Ninth Pokemon I started training, I tried to level it up before the Elite Four, but I ended up giving up on it. Its a shame too, because Sandslash is a pretty cool Pokemon to use and I really want to EV train one of my own. I may give it another shot, though.

...and those are the Pokemon I've been using (loosely in terms of the latter three) through my HG playthrough.

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • Feraligatr (lv 46)
    Togetic (lv47)
    Dragonair (lv52)
    Misdreavus (lv49)

I have 8 badges right now, in front of Ho-Oh.
    I plan to trade a Lucario from my diamond that I left behind on training... he's lv 23
    And for my last, since I need a fire type, I'll probably get my old Infernape, or train a Charizard, or a Blaziken since you can get Hoenn and Kanto starters in this game :)

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    my team is still a work in progress. so far it includes:

Meganium ♂ → level 41
    ∙ magical leaf
    ∙ razor leaf
    ∙ poisonpowder
    ∙ synthesis

Ampharos ♂ → level 36
    ∙ discharge
    ∙ thunder punch
    ∙ thundershock
    ∙ thunder wave

Arcanine ♂ → level 31
    ∙ strength
    ∙ fire fang
    ∙ flame wheel
    ∙ bite

Shellder ♀ → level 31
    ∙ surf
    ∙ ice shard
    ∙ clamp
    ∙ supersonic

Butterfree ♀ → level 24
    ∙ psybeam
    ∙ confusion
    ∙ poisonpowder
    ∙ sleep powder

i'm still working on their movesets, plus waiting to get a water stone to evolve shellder into cloyster.

i'm also having trouble deciding between my 6th pokemon. i'm caught between primeape and mamoswine.
    someone help me decide please? ;-;

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    I rotate around with:
    -Typhlosion - lvl 63
    -Ampharos - lvl 63
    -Dragonite - lvl 60
    -Crobat - lvl 64
    -Ho-oh - lvl 72
    -Mewtwo - lvl 74
    -Articuno - lvl 65
    -Gyarados - lvl 65

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • After a while training:
    Feraligatr lv50
    Togekiss lv53
    Mismagius lv56
    Dragonite lv57
    Arcanine lv59
    Lucario lv61

I have 8 badges and defeated the elite 4, I'm not in Kanto yet, I'm making a stop at the battle frontier to beat Palmer :)

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
  • I got new moves for my pokemon. I'm thinking of adding a fifth to my team, since mentioned in another thread, all my pokemon are VERY weak to rock type.

Typhlosion lv. 49
    -Flamethrower
    -Cut
    -Blast Burn
    -Solarbeam

Gyarados lv. 47
    -Thunder
    -Hyper Beam
    -Dark Pulse
    -Surf

Ho-Oh lv. 49
    -Sacred Fire
    -Shadow Ball (might be replaced again with Fire Blast, i need that back T-T)
    -Extrasensory
    -Fly

Dragonair**lv. 44
    -Blizzard
    -Dragon pulse
    -ExtremeSpeed
    -Waterfall

*to be replaced soon
    **Under training

Years
  • Charizard Lvl. 79
    Feraligatr Lvl. 78
    Delcatty Lvl. 63
    Steelix Lvl. 58
    Scizor Lvl. 56
    Rayquaza Lvl. 55

What should I replace Rayquaza with? I was thinking Raichu or something else Electric.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • I got new moves for my pokemon. I'm thinking of adding a fifth to my team, since mentioned in another thread, all my pokemon are VERY weak to rock type.

Gyarados lv. 47
    -Thunder
    -Hyper Beam
    -Dark Pulse
    -Surf

*to be replaced soon
    **Under training

I think u should work on gyarados moves a bit....Gyarados is a physical attacker and the move u have given it are all special moves....You're not using it's full potential...it'll be a beast if u give it physical attacks..
    It'll be good if u replace surf with waterfall and hyper beam with giga impact....i think bite will be better than dark pulse....

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • What should I replace Rayquaza with? I was thinking Raichu or something else Electric.

Well it depends it you want a pokemon with alot of Special Attack, or just Attack, if you want one with alot of attack, get an Electivire, but if your looking for Special Attack, than get a Magnezone. That is if you like these, otherwise, I'd personaly get a Raichu or a Jolteon

My team (10 badges, in Fuschia atm) :

Feraligatr lv56
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Avalanche
    Surf

Mismagius lv57
    Psychic
    Magical Leaf
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt

Togekiss lv57
    Ancient Power
    Extrasensory
    Shadow Ball
    Aura Sphere

Dragonite lv57
    Fire Punch
    Ice Beam
    Fly
    Dragon Rush

Arcanine lv60
    Thunder Fang
    Flamethrower
    Crunch
    Flare Blitz

Lucario lv61
    Aura Sphere
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic
    Close Combat

I'm thinking about teaching Ice Fang to my feraligatr, so which would be better, Ice Fang? Or Avalanche?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • I really think ice fang is better than avalanche...i tried both on my gyarados and was impressed more with I-fang....i will surely recommend I-fang

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back