• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's Your Team?

Which Starter Will You Choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    Current Team:
    Feraligatr (level 34) (Waterfall, Agility, Crunch, Ice Fang)
    Dragonair (Level 35) (Dragon Rush, Twister, Th
    Infernape (Level 36)
    Gengar (Level 31)
    Ampharos (Level 31)
    Scizor (Level 30)

Need to train a bit before headin' off to the Elite 4.

Alaskan Husky

lux aeterna
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2013
    Lv. 61 Espeon
    Lv. 60 Tyranitar
    Lv. 56 Meganium
    Lv. 58 Ampharos
    Lv. 60 Lapras
    Lv. 58 Gengar

Planning on raising the entirety of my party to level 65. Wish me luck...

Tangela

I'M GONNA TANGLE YA!
    Years
    At the Moment this is my team:
    Chikorita - Lv 1
    Ampharos - Lv 30
    Charmeleon - Lv 16
    Gengar - Lv 31
    Croconaw - Lv 29
    Heracross - Lv 29

Once I grind some levels into my Croconaw, Heracross, Charmeleon and Chikorita ill be good to go for the 6/7 gyms.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Only a team of 3 atm but I've only beaten 2 gyms so far.

Pidgeotto - LV 21
    Bayleef - LV 21
    Vulpix - LV 16

I also have a Spearow with the mail for some guy but i'll get rid of that ASAP.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    Aerodactyl - Allegra
    Starmie - Okubyou
    Scizor - Ares
    Weavile - Athena
    Espeon - Solan
    Gengar - Mikky

<3

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Got the generic post violet city team so far, all around lvl 15-20
    Bayleef
    Wooper
    Flaafy
    Geodude
    Spearow

Can't wait until Saffron so I can import my Absol from Sapphire and start terrorizing.

Years
    my team:
    feraligatr lv 61
    umbreon lv 37
    togekiss lv 52
    jirachi lv 35
    ninetales lv 51
    ampharos lv 53
    i'm trying to raise them to lv 70...it's really hard...

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I chose Chikorita. (:

My current SS team is;
    - Meganium
    - Togetic
    - Alakazam
    - Clefable
    - Gyarados
    - Ampharos

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    I also have a Spearow with the mail for some guy but i'll get rid of that ASAP.
    I recommend swapping that mail onto a spare pokemon you catch before giving it to the guy (who is east of Violet City btw). You get to keep your pokemon, get the TM, and keep the Spearow, which gives you an additional Trainer ID for the Goldenrod Lottery.
    (Also, you get another item by talking to the security guard after delivering the mail!)

just started again on ss any team suggestions

It kind of depends on your starter choice. I personally like all three equally, but if I were to pick one for a smooth in-game experience, I'd go with Totodile or Cyndaquil.

Regardless of that choice, I would pick up a Mareep, and raise it to Ampharos. Its relatively bulky and has pretty good special atk, and learns some nice moves.

I would also recommend picking up a geodude (you can get it really early, go on the route west of New Bark Town and then north). It will help against the first 3 gyms if you level it up (Rock throw for Falkner and Bugsy, it resists Rollout and Stomp, and you can teach it Rock Smash for Whitney's pokemon). I dropped it soon after that, as it doesn't help too much against Morty (due to the Gastly line getting levitate), and pretty much the rest of the gyms will be able to hit it for supereffective damage (though it will help against Jasmine's Magnemites).

You can get a Gastly in Sprout tower at night. I personally love Gengar as a speedy special attacker, but sadly, unless you invest in a TM from Goldenrod department store or the Voltorb Flip minigame its stuck with Night Shade as its main attack for a while. It does get Hypnosis when you catch it, which can help catch more Pokemon, and the Normal and Fighting immunities are really nice.

So for the early part of the game, in summary, I guess I would recommend (in the order you can encounter them):
    Cyndaquil/Totodile
    Geodude
    Gastly
    Mareep
    Filler(HM slave?)
    Filler(HM slave?)

Drop Geodude after Goldenrod, and then round out your team. Hope that was useful!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    update:
    Electabuzz(Holt)-35
    Magby(Magnus)-23
    Noctowl(Archie)-22
    Espeon(Floyd)-21
    Poliwhirl(No Nickname yet)-26
    Rhyhorn(no nickname yet)-18
    I am going to try and even them out as Holt kinda got away from me in his epicness

Tangela

I'M GONNA TANGLE YA!
    Years
    What's the toughest Poke on your team ATM?

Mine is a 42 Alakazam. He's pretty nifty.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    So far, it's my level 48 Typhlosion. It moves (Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Swift and Strength) are meh, but I can deal with having them on it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    Prior to today, it was Infernape (level 48, with Flame Wheel, Blast Burn, Mach Punch, and Close Combat). I decided to focus only on my dragonair though, and now its my dragonite (Level 55, with Wing Attack, Draco Meteor, Dragon Claw, and Dragon Dance)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    This thread is rather specific in talking only about your strongest Pokemon - hence merged with the 'What's Your Team?' thread where you can mention your strongest member - and more!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back